PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Motorsports front suspension?'s

Radeon
02-23-06, 05:16 PM
How much weight does an 03/04 cobra lose with their front suspension system?

50 BMG
02-23-06, 07:23 PM
Depends on the system. A full MM system will take off 100 pounds. A KB, Griggs, QA1 system will take off even more.

Radeon
02-23-06, 09:00 PM
A KB, Griggs, QA1 system will take off even more.

I read on modularfords that the mm k member is the best and that all others have issues when drivin on the street.

50 BMG
02-23-06, 10:01 PM
And it's probably true. I'm going with MM's full front.

I think Gene ran a QA1 on a late 90's stang and hated it?...w/e, just do what makes you happy.

Lucafu1
03-14-06, 06:56 PM
I read on modularfords that the mm k member is the best and that all others have issues when drivin on the street.

thats not true, but MM has some of the best parts around. You can get a granatelli k member for less then a MM k member and its almost a exact copy. (they copied it):eek:

DavidHarsay
03-14-06, 08:51 PM
thats not true, but MM has some of the best parts around. You can get a granatelli k member for less then a MM k member and its almost a exact copy. (they copied it):eek:

I e-mailed the Granatelli sales guy back and forth a few times. Told him I needed the K-member to be fairly good quality, with decent welds, and it needs to be an 8 out of 10 as far as everything lining up perfectly, especially the lower a-arm attach plates... or I would return it. They needed to look it and inspect it before shipping. He replied back in his last e-mail that it's not an MM k-member, and that for the price it was a very good deal... but don't expect the quality to be as high. I passed.

Gene
03-15-06, 08:41 AM
I had a QA1 in my 01 gt. It sucked, took it out after 2 months of abuse to my car and body. Gene

Lucafu1
03-15-06, 01:16 PM
MM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/Lucafu1/mmkm-1.jpg

Granatelli
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/Lucafu1/GMTK7995small.jpg

Lucafu1
03-15-06, 01:17 PM
im not saying the granatelli is as good as the MM k member (not in forever) I am just saying its close since it was copied.

Dan
03-16-06, 08:34 AM
I will only use a chromeoly k-member twice as strong with less weight.

bluepony
03-16-06, 10:05 AM
im not saying the granatelli is as good as the MM k member (not in forever) I am just saying its close since it was copied.

I read a long discussion on Corner Carvers about this. The Granatelli piece is a direct copy as you said, but there is a question about the quality of materials and the the manufacturing QC.

Dalamar
06-21-06, 08:17 PM
I replaced my whole suspension the winter.
Had my share of issues & some problems ect, I recommend MM.

I have the Qa1 Kmemeber, but only because it is part of the turbo
kit i'll be getting...

MM coil overs, 4-bolt CC, subs, panhard, ect.

Anyway, I had alot of feedback that people really liked the MM K member for ride quality.

Here's my thread if anyone wants to read it.
Started with a recommended GMS stuff, even had Mr G himself pipe in.
long story, but I now only recommend MM, or Griggs.
Learned alot about suspension... More inside :wink:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=701262