PDA

View Full Version : Heading to the track Sep 28 or 29

Indy
09-23-07, 12:16 PM
Well I installed a PSR kmemberhttp://www.mach1registry.org/forums/images/smilies/devil-naughty.gif last week now I need to hit the track for some testing. I'm either going to go on Sep 28 or 29 depending on what works best for anyone else that would like to go. I would prefer to go to SW on the 28, but I'm flexable.

So who else wants to hit the track, and what date works the best?

stanglife0419
09-23-07, 12:21 PM
I'd be down, either day works for me...

Phx99Cobra
09-23-07, 04:09 PM
Friday will probably be the best because sw has street warriors going on saturday night. I'll should be able to make it on friday, not sure I might head to firebird. SW is closer for me though

Casey39er
09-23-07, 04:49 PM
I am in for Friday night. I have been waiting for a chance to get back there since the last rain out...

fazm
09-23-07, 05:28 PM
i believe a few are going to firebird on 28th, but maybe they will change to sw now. ill be at firebird.

AZSonicSnake
09-23-07, 05:34 PM
i really want to try out the new surface at firebird, and will be going there on friday. you should go there man. can't wait to see what the new parts do for ya. with any luck i should have my line lock in by then too. my rear brakes are already feeling the relief. :woot1:

Indy
09-23-07, 08:11 PM
Well I have decided to hit SW on Friday night. I thought about going to Firebird, but 95% of my runs have been at SW so that is where I need to go to get a fair before and after comparison. But I do plan to hit Firebird very soon, after all that is where I ran my best N/A ET last winter.

AZSonicSnake
09-23-07, 08:45 PM
thats fine...i see how it is...:bounce:

well, i'll likely be by the shop on the way to firebird...as i needs more gas.

yes...someone likes race gas....makes the car feel so smooth and powerfull...

fazm
09-23-07, 09:04 PM
leaded or unleaded lol

AZSonicSnake
09-23-07, 09:45 PM
unleaded. i mixed it with a 1/4 tank of pump. nice mix. makes the car feel great. i also did a few runs this afternoon to test out the new shift point, the car feels incredible. i can't wait to get to the track..

wickedcobra
09-23-07, 10:22 PM
Firebird for me on Friday night.

Indy
09-23-07, 11:29 PM
I take it you like the way it pulls shifting a little lower Big T:icon_cool:

Let me know how well the new track surface works at Firebird.

AZSonicSnake
09-23-07, 11:30 PM
yea, it feels great. i so cannot wait to try it on the track....:biglaugh:

Indy
09-23-07, 11:36 PM
Good luck on your hunt for the 11s this weekend, I think you'll finally get it. Provided the new track is sticky enough.

RogerL
09-24-07, 10:48 PM
SW has an ADRA race fri nite with time only lanes. It may be a little crowded but the advantage is the track will be fully prepped and glued.

I might be out there testing a, uh, non mustang split rear window vehicle.

:biglaugh:

4Jenna
09-24-07, 11:25 PM
I'll be there working

Indy
09-25-07, 12:41 AM
SW has an ADRA race fri nite with time only lanes. It may be a little crowded but the advantage is the track will be fully prepped and glued.

I might be out there testing a, uh, non mustang split rear window vehicle.

:biglaugh:

That's exactly why I picked SW. I can deal with it being crowded as long as the track is sticky.:icon_cool:

Jacostang
09-25-07, 10:35 AM
Gonna Be at Firebird, Joanism is bringing his 90 Coupe first run with the super charger, gonna break the into the low 10's we hope...

fazm
09-25-07, 03:48 PM
Gonna Be at Firebird, Joanism is bringing his 90 Coupe first run with the super charger, gonna break the into the low 10's we hope...

i gotta see that :)

BurnTire
09-25-07, 03:49 PM

Dave teach him how to post on this site!!!

Phx99Cobra
09-25-07, 07:43 PM
What time is everyone going out to SW on friday. I dont get off until 7 so I probably wont get out there till around 9

Indy
09-26-07, 12:04 AM
I'm heading out as soon as I get off work which will probably be around 6-7.

Casey39er
09-26-07, 12:30 AM
Be heading up between 6:00 and 7:00 also..

03cobrazzz
09-26-07, 08:54 AM
That's exactly why I picked SW. I can deal with it being crowded as long as the track is sticky.:icon_cool:i maybe see you out there when i get the trailer registerd before friday.:laughing1:

4doorfoxy
09-26-07, 10:21 AM
For those of you going to Firebird, I plan on being there doing my photography thing so hit me up after for pictures! I've got a handful from Speedworld for the 9/11 race still that I need to get online (my high res pics are 4mb each and huge so they have to be individually resized to get on my site and it's a major PAIN!)

fazm
09-26-07, 10:44 AM
For those of you going to Firebird, I plan on being there doing my photography thing so hit me up after for pictures! I've got a handful from Speedworld for the 9/11 race still that I need to get online (my high res pics are 4mb each and huge so they have to be individually resized to get on my site and it's a major PAIN!)

sounds cool, my stang threw a belt last night on my way home, so hopefully i can have it figured out by friday. Put it back on, and everything seems fine, no noises, nothing. sometimes i hate cars.:flamegun::blkstang:

Jacostang
09-26-07, 04:16 PM
I've tried to get him to post some pics of the car, I only helped a little putting the engine and tranny in, but it's runnin fast now!! White is most def. fast!!!

Phx99Cobra
09-27-07, 07:49 PM
Finally got the et drag mounted. When I went to discount they told me that one of the prostars was bent. So basically I ot ripped off by the kid that I bought it from on 1320stangs.com. Luckly I had and extra one layiny around, so I should be good to go for friday at sw

Indy
09-27-07, 09:23 PM
Sucks that you got ripped off, but glad to hear ya had a spare rim. See ya at the track.

wickedcobra
09-27-07, 11:09 PM
I planned on being there but not done with the clutch/springs/new rack and pinion yet. Hopefullt I will be there. Firebird that is..........

Indy
09-29-07, 06:36 PM
Well I hope everyone that made it to SW had a good time, I know I did!

Now for the good news with the PSR kmember and a coil over kit installed (no other changes since last trip to track) I shaved a tenth off my 60' times and a tenth off the top end too. My Mach is finally hooking:highfive:, so I think I'll turn the bottle on next time I hit the track.:icon_cool:

Gene
09-29-07, 10:43 PM
Well I hope everyone that made it to SW had a good time, I know I did!

Now for the good news with the PSR kmember and a coil over kit installed (no other changes since last trip to track) I shaved a tenth off my 60' times and a tenth off the top end too. My Mach is finally hooking:highfive:, so I think I'll turn the bottle on next time I hit the track.:icon_cool:

Nice, what did you end up running?

Indy
09-30-07, 01:31 AM
1.9 60' 13.3 @ 102.5MPH with a DA @ 3500ft

Nothing impressive to all you fast guys, but I only have 280RWHP. Plus my trans and T/C are built to run on the bottle, not N/A. Thats why I only have a 3600 stall, if I would have planned to stay N/A only it would have been stall to @ 4200.:biglaugh: