PDA

View Full Version : I need help people!!!!!

DrumSTW3
09-25-07, 09:43 PM
Ok, I have an 06 GT with a Saleen S/C pushing 10lbs, GT Dual Fuel Pumps, 90MM MAF, Saleen Extreme Intake Tube, Full Borla Exhaust (LT Headers, Off Road X, Cat Back w/ S types), 39lb Inj, and a few other odds and ends. It's an automatic AND WILL BE STAYING THAT WAY!!!! I want more power. Lots more power. I'm pretty sure i want to stay away from nitrous. What direction should I go???? I know I need wheels/tires, a good suspension kit, gears, and brakes. Specifically, what should I look at for these things, and more importantly, what should I do to add power???

WWW.MySpace.COM/DrumSTW3 (http://www.MySpace.COM/DrumSTW3)

BurnTire
09-25-07, 09:49 PM
Well if you want more power you need more boost, but if your on the stock block you don't want to crank up the boost anymore due to the lack or forged internals.

A turbo kit at 10PSI will generate much more power due to the elimination of turning the blower.

As far as suspension what is your primary use for the car? Drag strip or more of a daily driver/ handling setup?

I guess it comes down to how much money you want to spend.

DrumSTW3
09-25-07, 10:34 PM
Money isn't the issue, but right now it is a daily driver, so practicality is important. I want to stick with the S/C i have...

Phx99Cobra
09-25-07, 10:44 PM
I say some cams and ported heads, but I agree if your not going to boost the s/c more turbo is the most efficent

fazm
09-25-07, 11:02 PM
built motor, heads/cams and up the boost to the 20, and ull be happy for a while. after thts not enough anymore, ur gonna want a turbo, its just how it is lol.

jeff acts like he doesnt want a turbo.... :)

BurnTire
09-25-07, 11:06 PM
I agree build the motor and spin that blower!

AZSonicSnake
09-26-07, 02:14 AM
sell it and buy a terminator. thats a good way to go fast. :laughing::biglaugh::sticktonge:

6Jeff6
09-26-07, 08:06 AM
Have a motor built while you're driving the car. Or just buy a beater.

Have the heads ported and get some cams. Also I'd look into beefing up the tranny or it'll explode on ya.

Personally I'd start with beefing the rear, picking the right gear set for your application, beefing the tranny and then hitting the motor. It's better to start beefing stuff up before it breaks otherwise downtime sucks.:yes:

Oh and turbos are for wussies. Real men have twin screws.:laughing:

Jeff

wickedcobra
09-26-07, 08:24 AM
sell it and buy a terminator. thats a good way to go fast. :laughing::biglaugh::sticktonge:

+1 :laughing:

DrumSTW3
09-26-07, 09:06 AM
No way on the Terms!!!! SN95s belong on cinder blocks in front of trailers. I know the list of stuff i could do, telling me to "build a motor" or "beef up my rearend" doesn't really help. I need specifics. Brands, models, etc!!! Thanks

DrumSTW3
09-26-07, 09:07 AM
Oh, and about the turbos, I think JDM's success with the Saleen S/C speaks for itself.

ASUSMC
09-26-07, 10:06 AM
Oh, and about the turbos, I think JDM's success with the Saleen S/C speaks for itself.

The Saleen blower in comparison to others is a pile...

Everyone elses success with turbos speaks a lot louder. Unless you wanna go race Gene or Eades!

BurnTire
09-26-07, 10:09 AM
I thought the Saleen Blower is a Whipple?
They Rule the turbos.

ASUSMC
09-26-07, 10:12 AM
I thought the Saleen Blower is a Whipple?
They Rule the turbos.

If it is a Whipple (i'm not sure) it doesn't make quite the power that the regular ones that say Whipple on the side do. Blaine's car is a good example of that

BurnTire
09-26-07, 10:14 AM
I am not sure, but it is a twin screw.

6Jeff6
09-26-07, 10:33 AM
No way on the Terms!!!! SN95s belong on cinder blocks in front of trailers. I know the list of stuff i could do, telling me to "build a motor" or "beef up my rearend" doesn't really help. I need specifics. Brands, models, etc!!! Thanks

Hey man. If you're not going to do the work yourself you'll have to pick a shop.
That'll be your first decision then.
You tell them what you want and they'll tell you $$$$ it's going to cost. Unless you're going to do all the work yourself our prices won't make a difference.

:twothumbsup:Jeff

6Jeff6
09-26-07, 10:34 AM
If it is a Whipple (i'm not sure) it doesn't make quite the power that the regular ones that say Whipple on the side do. Blaine's car is a good example of that

Whipples are a tick bigger aren't they???

Jeff

LSlayer
09-26-07, 08:05 PM
Whipples are a tick bigger aren't they???

Jeff
The Whipple and Saleen are the same size for the 3V at 2.3L, the KBs on the other hand are 2.4L older models and 2.6L for the newer ones.

As far as building the car I would concentrate on suspension and drivetrain. I think its better to get the power you already have to the ground before you make even more. BMR or CHE LCAs along with one of their UCA's are what I'd run(I run CHE myself). Poly/Rod-end to keep binding at bay(wish I'd chose that option). All their stuff is good. If you plan on lowering or you already are lowered scoop some LCA relocation brackets to get that extra bite. The stock springs are good for weight transfer drag racing wise but you may want to look into aftermarket shocks. I have tokico D-specs and lovem. As for Driveline, I don't know a ton bout autos but maybe a 3000 stall converter along with some 3.73s or 4.10s in the back attached to a Trutrac or Detroit locker if your not scared and will primarily be drag racing. May want to beef up the tranny good after 500RWTQ. Level 10 is the only shop I can think of right now building up 5R55S trannys. Other than that may want to look into other proven autos. JDM is the man when it comes to saleen tunes hands down but be careful if he builds you anything. I've heard some horror stories from a few individuals. Def build that motor fore you crank the boost to much more. 03-04 Cobra rotating assym is the popular choice. The stock block has withstood 800hp without issue to my knowledge.

Hope this helps guide you in the right direction.
-Tim

DrumSTW3
09-26-07, 09:22 PM
Thanks Tim. That's some good advice.

To clarify... there is no budget... It IS a daily driver.... I don't care why I should go with a KB or Whipple or Paxton or Vortech or turbo I HAVE A SALEEN!!!!!!! That is not changing, nor is the fact that it is an automatic. I have a shop doing the work, but I will be getting the parts.

I understand the tranny can only handle about 600 HP, I'll probably go with Level 10s stage 3 kit. I am looking between Maximum Motorsports Drag kit, Eibachs kit, and AirRides drag kit. The brakes will be Baer 14" 2 piece with 6 pistons up front, 2 in the rear. Tires will be BFGoodrich Drag Radials for the track and KDWS for daily driving. I will be doing 3.73s in the rear. I am looking for anyone that has had good or bad experiences with any motor mods. Who do I go to for heads, cams, pistons, etc. What questions should I ask when shopping around, etc. Bolt-on are easy...they can come, blow up, and go. The internals of the power plant is where I'm a little green. Thanks for everyone's opinions

LSlayer
09-26-07, 10:42 PM
Oh and cop a 1-piece D/S while your at it. You'll lose about 31lbs of rotaional mass. Average E/T drop is around .2-.3 secs for the spydershaft. I recommend spydershaft or BMRs CF piece although its expensive as hell. The main reason I like these two is due to the fact they come with a new pinion flange/yoke instead of using an adapter like so many other aftermarket D/S which tend to vibrate if not installed properly. BMR take it a step further with CF which is supposed to soak up NVH that would normally be present in a metal D/S. Only thing I don't know about BMRs is how it works with Autos. Everyone who's ran the Spydershaft has had nothing but good things to say, myself included, and I think I'm the only person to ever have issues with it at first. Issues fixed now. Works with autos and manuals too. Get a 1-piece D/S

Spydershaft=$479 Maybe $499
BMR= $1,000(or close to)

6Jeff6
09-27-07, 11:01 AM
Thanks Tim. That's some good advice.

To clarify... there is no budget... It IS a daily driver.... I don't care why I should go with a KB or Whipple or Paxton or Vortech or turbo I HAVE A SALEEN!!!!!!! That is not changing, nor is the face that it is an automatic. I Have a shop doing the work, but I will be getting the parts.

I understand the tranny can only handle about 600 HP, I'll probably go with Level 10s stage 3 kit. I am looking between Maximum Motorsports Drag kit, Eibachs kit, and AirRides drag kit. The brakes will be Baer 14" 2 piece 6 pistons up front, 2 in the rear. Tires will be BFGoodrich Drag Radials for the track and KDWS for daily driving. I will be doing 3.73s in the rear. I am looking for anyone that has had good or bad experiences with any motor mods. Who do I go to for heads, cams, pistons, etc. What questions should I ask when shopping around, etc. Bolt-on are easy...they can come, blow up, and go. The internals of the power plant is where I'm a little green. Thanks for everyone's opinions

With my small experience I would recommend going with someone that hand ports for the heads. I've seen ones that are computer cut and they look nice but a hand cut is done with the eye not the machine.
Bill at standard machine is porting my heads and they look great and I recommend him for any application. They(standard machine) also have a great relationship with comp and can talk to them and hook you up with a great cam for your setup. Believe me their mark-up is extremely small compared to other shops. They can also help with deciding the compression, bore for your block and the right pistons.
To put it simple they're nice guys and I highly recommend them.
I can give ya the #. Just pm me if you want it.

Jeff

El Jefe
09-27-07, 02:56 PM
No way on the Terms!!!! SN95s belong on cinder blocks in front of trailers
Funny. Thats the same way we feel about S197's:Bucktooth:

BurnTire
09-27-07, 02:58 PM
Funny. Thats the same way we feel about S197's:Bucktooth:

:rollingfloorrlol:

Dan
09-27-07, 10:00 PM
whipple and the saleen are not the same.

Whipple will put the saleen to shame.

BurnTire
09-27-07, 10:01 PM
whipple and the saleen are not the same.

Whipple will put the saleen to shame.

Whipple rules!

LSlayer
09-28-07, 04:50 AM
Whipple rules!
KB 2.6H is the top TS or hell top blower for us period on the 3V. But you guys got the 3.4 whipple which is bigger than a lot of V-6s. But there are a few streetable TT 3Vs pushin for the 4-digit hp mark. They are well into the 900hp range. I don't know of any Saleen 3Vs over 600. But never say never.

ndgoalie35
10-03-07, 05:24 PM
I'm guessing that you have an extreme saleen by how you want more power. Try a livernois stroked short block, livernois stage 3 cylinder heads, cams, headers and high flow catted midpipes. If it is not an extreme, then Saleen can modify the supercharger to increase it's displacement. That should push it to over 600 crank (not sure about wheel).

Also, dont really know if your interested but AP racing has a set of mustang brakes 6 piston front, 4 piston rear. Also, saleen has its maxgrip differential that has the choice of a 3.73 or 4.10. Oh yeah, check out the Saleen watts link.

Saleen is not a whipple:laughing1:

AZSonicSnake
10-03-07, 06:58 PM
No way on the Terms!!!! SN95s belong on cinder blocks in front of trailers.

how did i miss this one? lol.... thought i would mention your s-197 looked good in my rear view mirror at the track.... :laughing::biglaugh::hi::sticktonge: