PDA

View Full Version : Memories On Main St. Sponsord by Berge

ShelbysDad
09-26-07, 07:30 PM
I received this from Kristen Kheffern of Berge Ford SVTOA. Cost is $1.00 a car for clubs.

Jacostang
09-26-07, 07:51 PM
We'll be there with the newly decorated club trailer, would be cool to have a bunch of loud Mustangs around!!!!

BurnTire
09-26-07, 07:59 PM
Is my 04 a classic?

Jacostang
09-26-07, 09:13 PM
Any and all hot rods, classics and muscle cars!!!:bouncy:

ShelbysDad
09-26-07, 09:20 PM
Can I bring my 06 if I also bring my old 'Racing On Roadway' citations received from Tucson Police officers on Speedway Blvd. in the 1970s? They are "classics"... :pepper:

Jacostang
09-26-07, 10:24 PM
You can bring anything you want!!!!!!!!!

RockysMom
09-27-07, 08:07 AM
Thats my Birthday, I am going to try to get out of work early and come. Nice that they will have a big show for my birthday hehehehehe

Chris B.
09-28-07, 04:21 PM
Looks like fun! Thursday November 8th, Jack Roush signing at Sanderson Ford and then a cruise on Friday... looks like a busy couple of days for me!:woot1:

HIKER
09-29-07, 04:12 PM
I'm there.

Hopefully I have my Shelby drop done by then.

Why only a dollar? I'd go for $5. Lets get some money raised..

2bav8
10-01-07, 05:26 PM
Wow, someone's having a car show on my Birthday... :woot1:
Anyone want to be the designated driver for the ride home LOL

RockysMom
10-01-07, 07:10 PM
Wow, someone's having a car show on my Birthday... :woot1:
Anyone want to be the designated driver for the ride home LOL
No THats my birthday sheesh, hehe

ShelbysDad
10-03-07, 11:55 PM
:stang:Wow, I thought there would be more interest in this.

AZSonicSnake
10-04-07, 12:08 AM
i'll know closer to the date if i can make it. sounds like fun. even though i never thought my 03 was a classic.....yet.. :bounce:

ShelbysDad
10-04-07, 12:17 AM
Dave says-
"You can bring anything you want!!!!!!!!!"

I thought the same with my 06, but the 60's & 70's Mustangs were crusin and parkin when they were new. Why shouldn't we?

Jacostang
10-04-07, 03:22 PM
I used to cruise on Main street back in the 80's and bring anything you want, thats what I say!

nadador
10-04-07, 04:50 PM
:woot1:Count us in. We'll bring the old and the new! :veryhappy: :woot2: :laughing1:

Bateman's

ASUSMC
10-04-07, 05:06 PM
As it gets closer I will know for sure but I may just have to bring the L out of hiding. Only a select few have seen it so far.

ShelbysDad
10-04-07, 10:53 PM

HIKER
10-05-07, 11:32 AM

Jacostang
10-17-07, 04:59 PM
BUMP!! C'mon all you Mustang Guys and Gals lets make this one a great turnout and bring back what was lost long ago!!!

mntony
10-18-07, 12:32 AM
I remember cruising Main in my old Cyclone Spoiler...gosh those were the days. Our best line was that we worked for Maybeline and we wanted to test the girls lipstick with a kiss. It actually worked every now and then!

HIKER
10-18-07, 02:46 PM
I never cruised Main in Mesa in the 80's. I was all over Central in the late 70's and early 80's though with my GTO. On the northeast corner of Central and Thomas there used to be a car wash there. Today there's a 20 story building. The kid that worked there had permission from the owner to park and only let GTO's and TA's park there cause he had a 70 GTO. All the mucsle car were north of the Salt River and all the low riders were south of the river.
Can't wait til the damn Valtrans is done so the Cruise On Central shows start back up again.

mntony
10-18-07, 10:48 PM
I did Central too. In the beginning we hung out at the end at the NCR building since my best friends father worked there and secured us a spot where we wouldn't get kicked out. We also used to sit at Service Center, but that was off the beaten trail. Even tried the McDonalds, but it was always too crowded and they put in that silly kids thing that took most of the parking lot. In the end our best spot was the Arby's. I can't tell you how many times we dumped tranny fluid or water on the corner there so people could do burn outs as they left. Good clean fun huh?! :laughing1:

Jacostang
11-07-07, 10:52 AM
Bump! 28 Cars so far!!!

HIKER
11-07-07, 11:40 AM
I heard the Tee Shirt shop on Main across from the antigue shops are going to have some cool tee shirts made up for $15.

Jacostang
11-07-07, 01:48 PM
Surf and ski....?

YellowStangAz
11-07-07, 06:01 PM
I plan on going. So where is everyone meeting? Where are the club spots?

Jacostang
11-08-07, 08:42 AM
NW Corner of Center and Main..Posh Nosh..

67 'Stang Lover
11-08-07, 04:18 PM
All,
This is my 1st Post but I have been a Member for over a year now. I would like to put some info out to you for this great event. Linda @ NEDCO is the person putting this together and has asked me to help her as it is a huge task and she is very busy. If anyone would like to contact me by phone please feel free to do so for up to date info. My cell number is #480-200-5606 and I will have it with me on Friday in case you need parking and registration info. I am going to be interviewed by some Media People tomorrow so I might not answer right away. Please be patient. The number of car's that are pre-registered are in the 600 range. Probably will hit 1,000 for the people just showing up. Hope to see you all there. Thanks,
Steve.........
BTW- An FYI, This event is not sponsored by Berge Ford as previously stated in the 1st thread.

YellowStangAz
11-08-07, 06:47 PM
Do you have to pre-register for this event? If I just show up, is there a booth I can register at? Where will it be located?

sinspawn7
11-08-07, 07:14 PM
yeah we need more info :twothumbsup:

ShelbysDad
11-08-07, 07:48 PM
I have been asked to remind us all that we should be on our best behavior for this event:

No burnouts
No reckless driving
No engine revving
No alcohol
Etc..........:copcar::copcar::copcar:
But...Have Fun!
:pepper:

67 'Stang Lover
11-08-07, 07:56 PM
OK, here we go- You do not have to pre-register since it is too late already anyway. However, you can just show up and register at the booth located on MacDonald and 1st Ave, the southeast corner in a huge parking lot. That is 1 block south of Main St. We only have 250 registration tags left for your rear view mirror so you can hang it there to let the cop's know that you are with the Cruise. It is like a parade pass so you don't get ticketed. You can still come regardless of if you have that or not. They will find a way for you to park and cruise. You will be cruising in a loop on Main St. by going north to 1st St. and to the south on 1st Ave. and circling around. This will be hectic since we predict a huge turnout but with all of us working together it will be fun. The rules of the road have to be obeyed as told to us by the Mesa P.D. The Mustang Club Trailer will be right in front of Posh Nosh but there are only 17 parking spots. This won't be an issue since members will be driving in and out for the cruise. The spots are reserved for the Club though and for us only. I am sorry this is so late but I have been busy with Linda for the last couple of weeks on this and it is voluntary work as we are not getting paid. The Dollar that you give to us is to pay for the parking and given to the City of Mesa. There will be live bands, shirts, booths, etc down there. Just a quick note- if this event is not a success then it will be canceled for next year. Hopefully, we can make this an annual event. You have my phone number and thanks,
Steve............(Black '67 Mustang Coupe)

chewbaccajones
11-08-07, 08:10 PM
I'm there. I know it starts at 5 but what time will someone be at MacDonald and 1st so I can register and get a mirror tag?

67 'Stang Lover
11-08-07, 08:30 PM
All,
Just to comment on an earlier thread posted by 'Behaving'. The rules of the road are supposed to be obeyed everywhere regardless of whether it is a cruise or car show. However, what anybody does is there own responsibility. I remember when they had the 'Cruise on Central' Reunion a couple of years ago and it lasted for 3 years and the city of Phoenix shut it down. Instead of ticketing the law breaker the Police ruined it for everybody and didn't want to be bothered anymore, so they shut it all down. What a joke!!!! The City of Mesa knows that most of us have car's which aren't Hybrid's that get 75 mpg so I hope they will be a little understanding, but who knows. My engine doesn't need to be reved, they will hear me coming anyway. LOL. Just have fun............It's ironic- Cruising on Main St. shut down 25 years ago in 1982, not for drag racing or reving your engines. The city shut it down because kids were urinating in the businesses mailboxes. Go figure. LOL.................
Steve

67 'Stang Lover
11-08-07, 08:32 PM
It is from 5pm until 11pm or later. Hopefully it will last well into the AM like it used to be...........

1rad67
11-08-07, 11:03 PM
I think this cruise in Mesa was a good idea so thanks to all who worked hard in getting this car show/cruise set up and organized.
I did'nt live in the Phoenix area in the early 80's, my time spent was in Tucson at that time, but Tucson had a cruise night every friday night on speedway and what a show of cars that was.
This type of event should be annually and I hope it ends up that way and I can emagine same goes to the other thousands of people aching to have a cruise spot like this to attract spectators and people who just want to have fun looking at the cars of yesturday.
I would hope that this kind of attraction will bring the City of Mesa notoriety once again, this is what this city needs.
So to all who are attending this cruise night, I hope everyone has a blast and to remember this event so we can continue to exhibit our classics and muscle cars for the future.

Chris W........1rad67

Blown66
11-09-07, 03:24 PM
Man how jealous am I? I use to cruise Main back near the end with our club based in Phoenix. We'd hit it at least once a month as a group. PERFECT spot to cruise.

Now you guys are doing this.. .I'd have to start yesterday to get there in my car. Have a great time, oh and get them to change it to Saturday nights in the future!

Okay quick question. . .from the 202/101. . .same distance from there to the Pavilions vs Main St? Or is Main a bit further?

Words and Music by Bob Seger

I remember standing on the corner at midnight
Trying to get my courage up
There was this long lovely dancer in a little club downtown
I loved to watch her do her stuff
Through the long lonely nights she filled my sleep
Her body softly swaying to that smoky beat
Down on Mainstreet

2bav8
11-09-07, 03:57 PM
Hmmm,

Off the top of my head I'd say that Main St is a little closer, but not by much.
Might do a google/map search for exact numbers.

Jacostang
11-09-07, 09:45 PM
I just can't believe how fun it was tonight, I just fell back in time! You name it, it was there!!! Cruise up and down main then sit for a while and watch all the classics, hot rods and mucle cars! The Lightnings were there with about 25 cobras!!

The Mustangs were there in force and even many of us were gassin the cops didn't even look twice, they were havin just as much fun and even Mesa Fire brought out their vintage pumper!! Oh yes the fire breathin caddy was there makin everyone cheer

!!!:bouncy::highfive::laughing1:

This could most def be a big hit!! Again!!

Great to see all of you! Post up those pics!!!!

HIKER
11-10-07, 09:57 AM
What a night....

67 'Stang Lover
11-10-07, 10:45 AM
All,

What a great turnout. I will get the final word from Linda @ City of Mesa next week. She meets with the 'Higher Up's' next week and will give me an update on how it went. This was a 'Reunion for sure. Joni and I saw a lot of friends from a long time ago. From the unofficial count there were well over 1,000 cars down there last night. Chris, '67 red fastback, and I drove around a while and checked all of the overflow lot's and there were people there just showing and not cruising. There were a couple of times when we displayed how much horsepower we have but the Mesa P.D. were very understanding and polite. It never got out of hand though. It was great seeing everybody from the CMC down there as I don't get to go to the Monthly Meetings on a regular basis. The CMC had the best spot on Main so thanks to Paige for doing that for us. We were there until almost 11 pm. If and when they have it next time it will be better since the City will have a budget for advertising it, etc. I will update the Thread next week as well when Linda gets back with me. Thanks for everything.

Steve ('67 Black Mustang Coupe)..............

P.S.- What happened to 'Blower Boy'? (Nick D.) It wasn't the same without him.............

1rad67
11-10-07, 07:36 PM
Awesome..........let's do it again next year!

1rad67
11-10-07, 07:44 PM
It was a great night and I just want to thank all the people involved in organizing this cruise and the hard work making this happen. It was great seeing all the CMC clan again and it was fun seeing friends again and hanging out with you all.
This was such a success I don't see any reason why this can't happen again next year and many years to come.
Seeing all the spectators watching us race our engines and doing little burn outs really was a joy to see. I could tell that the people watching were getting thier time worth spent out in Mesa.

chris W......(1rad67)

Blown66
11-10-07, 11:37 PM
2bav. . .DUH on my part. Thanks. Now you guys (Mesa) is doing this once a month? Some how, some way I am going to get my car out there next time. HEY. . .maybe we could do this in downtown Glendale? lol. . .yeah. . .not the same thing!

Enjoy it guys/gals!

Blown66
11-10-07, 11:39 PM
Next year???

The newspaper said you guys were going to do this once a month? Or is that a come see the businesses (minus the cars) once a month???

67 'Stang Lover
11-10-07, 11:48 PM
The City of Mesa has what is called 'Friday Night Out' and it is on the 2nd Friday of every month. It is designed to boost business in downtown Mesa. Yesterday was the "Car Show/Cruise Reunion" Friday Night out. This will be an annual event for the Cruise but it might be a semi-annual event depending on if the City of Mesa allows it. I hope this helps. The reason why it works in Mesa for the Cruise is because it actually happened from the 60's all the way through the early 80's. This was the 25th anniversary of it being shutdown (1982).
Steve............

1rad67
11-20-07, 07:11 PM
Friday 11/9/07 was a night to remember. I was glad to see my friends who were all there and just to hang out and cruise our Hot Rods and seeing all other radical cars out there really brought back some memories of my own.
I think Mesa would be making a mistake not to have this event again!

Chris W........1rad67

1tuff68
11-24-07, 10:31 AM
Looking forward to the March cruise. The cruise was "Badical" (80's lingo)

1rad67
11-24-07, 01:29 PM
Yes, I can't wait until March either. Who knows, we might have a even better turn out in March? See you there!

Chris W. ........1rad67