PDA

View Full Version : Clutch ???

wickedcobra
09-29-07, 05:37 PM
I finished up with my new Spec 3+ clutch with Flywheel/quadrant/fire wall ajuster etc....

I have alot of chattering when starting from a stop. Now keep in mind I have only put about 50 miles on it. I notice it on an aggressive down shift too. Is this something that will go away over a few more miles? Normal? or is something wrong? Or can I adjust it to get it in better? Starting to second guess myself on saving the money and doing it myself (of course w/ help from my pops)

What do you guys think?

Indy
09-29-07, 06:19 PM
Don't drive it aggersively for the first couple hunder miles, let it break in. It is normal to have some chatter with that clutch till its broke in, but after it breaks in it will smooth out. Just remember to break it in, and DON'T beat on it for the first 200 miles minimum.

wickedcobra
09-30-07, 06:01 PM
Ok cool. I guess I need to start driving it around then. The weater is gettnig really nice so that shouldnt be a problem.

4Jenna
09-30-07, 07:43 PM
I always do 500 miles of stop n go for my break in.

fazm
09-30-07, 10:01 PM
I always do 500 miles of stop n go for my break in.

+1 on my stage3 and it worked out perfect, no more chatter at all

Lucafu1
10-01-07, 01:43 AM
thats why i buy clutches w/o a break in period. that and i like chatter =)

Ruckus46gt
10-01-07, 05:13 AM
500 miles is a safe break in. Some clutches are going to chatter no matter what. Specs normally dont to much

Nory@DRI
10-01-07, 08:03 AM
I finished up with my new Spec 3+ clutch with Flywheel/quadrant/fire wall ajuster etc....

I have alot of chattering when starting from a stop. Now keep in mind I have only put about 50 miles on it. I notice it on an aggressive down shift too. Is this something that will go away over a few more miles? Normal? or is something wrong? Or can I adjust it to get it in better? Starting to second guess myself on saving the money and doing it myself (of course w/ help from my pops)

What do you guys think?
More agressive clutches require more RPM, if you try engage it at really low rpms it will chatter because it is to much load.

Having more leverage/gear helps with chatter.