PDA

View Full Version : Machesney Park, IL

SVT_Raper
10-03-07, 08:08 AM
yep, i'm new here as if you didn't know that from this section..

Got a couple of ?'s.. I just picked up my Silver convertable 03 10th anniversary Terminator a couple of weeks ago and i'm loving it.. sold my 00 supercharged GT a couple years back and have been wanting one of these since i heard about them in 03..
When i got it i knew it had some work done to it, but i'm not entirely sure as to what. I know it's got a 14# pully and O/R X-pipe and a catback on it. IT also has a K&N cone filter. I took it to a dyno that i've been to b4 to get some base #'s and check the A/F's out to make sure i wasn't driving around a timebomb.. Here's the problem. The dyno showed me throwing down 540 rwhp with a solid 12.3-12.5 A/F.. that HP sounds extreamly high with those mods... it ran around the same number mutiple times though and the tech says the dyno is on the money. The dyno is a "DYNO DYNAMICS" and it's a drum roller.
Do you think those numbers are possible with those mods, to me it seems a high, but they are the only dyno around my area that i know of.. I know it's possible it may have a ported blower, but cant tell unless i tear down some things.. Has anyone else had similar power gains.

4Jenna
10-03-07, 11:16 AM
Welcome aboard!!

12.5 a/f on 14#s and pump gas I'd be extra careful on that tune.

BurnTire
10-03-07, 02:19 PM
That is the optimum A/F for making power, but I don't consider it safe.

11.8-12.0 is what I shoot for on the street tune.

11.4-11.6 on high boost and a race tune.

wickedcobra
10-03-07, 03:13 PM
:hi:Sounds sounds like an aggresive tune, I agree with the other 2 that you should be careful.

Jacostang
10-06-07, 11:00 AM
Welcome!!!!! Aggresive for sure! Love it!

Lucafu1
10-06-07, 12:04 PM
you need around 16-17 psi and a ported blower to make 540 rwhp and a great tune. i would get on a DynoJet dyno since thats the standard dyno used, but even those can be made to read higher and make the car owners happy. either way those numbers are probly close so maybe you have a ported blower? but im not sure and never used the dyno you have. WELCOME!