PDA

View Full Version : Which Heads/Cams for 2v?

OH3MGSVT
10-03-07, 11:48 PM
Well since it looks like swapping an aviator engine in my car will be too much work/money (unless someone knowns a cost efficient way to do it ???)then im just gonna start building up my motor. and since I need to replace my headgasket, I figure I'll get some new heads/cams while im at it. Anybody have any recommendations as to wahts a good combo would be? my plans for the car are to get some good heads/cams, all the basic bolt ons, and throw on a centrifugal supercharger and call it a day. I heards that VT stage 2 cams/heads work pretty well, but Im wondering if N/A cams will interrupt anything when I get the Supercharger? or if I should get some blower cams so by the time I get the supercharger I would be good to go...any thoughts?

P.S. please dont tell me I should try to pay off my car or buy a coupe and swap my shit into it or to buy a Cobra because I make $8 an hour at the ****ing zoo so I cant afford shit, but since my car payment and insurance is being paid for while im in college, the majority of the money that I do make can be put towards mods. and I plan on keeping this car until im done with college, which by then my car will be paid way down (if not paid completely) and my credit should be a lot better by that time I can afford a Cobra without worrying. I do not want to work JUST to pay for my cobra, I do want to move out sometime soon. okay, my ranting is over.

nolacobra
10-04-07, 12:07 AM
the 2v cams arnt timed for shit from teh factory... any cam (within reason) will give youa nice gain... comp cams makes come amazing ones theres a few othes that escape my mind, call up Modular Power House in Ga and Tim will be able to tell you excally, You already have the PI heads sooo either port them to hell and back or get my babies, 4v heads ! twisted makes a great one also... just some random drunk thots lol

Gluck let me kno how it goes

OH3MGSVT
10-04-07, 12:17 AM
lol thanks, drunk thoughts are better than no thoughts hehe. yeah I hear MPH has some amazing stuff, I might check their site and see what they got

Dalamar
10-04-07, 05:39 PM
there are a number of good cam profiles out now for the lowly 2v.
MPH cams and VT have good feedback, dont forget Crower - Livernois sells them. I'd defer to the cam company you pick for recommendations on which profile will work well with yoru combination.

porting your heads is a good idea if you'll have them off anyway.
the IM is still a restriction on our motors. hopefully one of these newer designs will come to production soon and be reasonably priced.
Under boost is where the air-flow upgrades really show up on the 2V.

If cost is a major factor, go cams and blower. I know from experience when you go all out it takes a looooong time to get it all done.

Graham
10-15-07, 12:11 PM
Dude alex throw some stage 2 cams in that bitch. you can pick up a fair amount with just that. porting the heads will definately help too, espicially when you get a power adder. Please don't go centrifigual. You know you want that 2.1 KB :pepper:Blower whine for the win.
Or you could just say screw it like i did and get on the bottle. :biglaugh:
How bout we fix that head gasket first lol

Ruckus46gt
10-15-07, 02:08 PM
If your going to do a blower i'd go with mph stage 2 blower cams with there mph stage 2.5 heads or even go for the stage 3 heads. You wont find specs on his heads but they are the best flowing 2v heads. With the blower cams your going to put down probely around 10rwhp less then n/a cams but will work out a lot better with the blower. You can run n/a cams with a blower and people have but i really wouldnt recommend it. Downside to the blower cams over the n/a cams is when your runnign them n/a your not going to have as much of a down low gain like the n/a cams do. The n/a cams have a 108 lsa while the blower cams have a 112+4. From a tuning standpoint the 112 lsa will be a lot easier to tune( going from vt stage 2 cams).
As far as heads go they are really hard to port due to how thin the walls are which is why the flow numbers always suck on these cars, however they are worth the money cause hp on these things are so hard to come by n/a of course.
n/a cams love spray by the way something to think about if you dont want to go to the blower route.