PDA

View Full Version : What to do

doubleday
10-04-07, 03:30 PM
Next week I'll be getting a check for a decent amount of money.
I have an '05 GT with a manual that is as of now bone stock.
I have two questions.
1) I currently have 245's on the back and 235's on the front. Can I fit a larger tire on the back and put the 245's in front? should i just go with 245's on the front? while the rears are brand new, I need to buy new front tires.

2) If i were to spend, say, $1500 on performance for the car, what should I buy and where should I get the work done?

I am open to anything, please help me out.
Thanks.

BurnTire
10-04-07, 09:02 PM
S-197 people in here.

Casey39er
10-05-07, 12:47 AM
The first performance modification I made on my car was a C&L Cold Air Intake setup with tuner. It was well worth the money. Throttle response was much better the engine pulled harder and with the tuner you have programming options to change computer parameters for future modifications such as gear sets, tire size, A/F, and timing.

While I have the auto, I know many people with the manual that have benefited from the installation of a short throw shifter. There are many brands to choose from.

My second modification was changing out my differential gear set. Because of having an auto I installed the Ford Racing 3.73 gears and I know that most people with the manual transmission go for the 4.10 gears. (Noticeable Improvement)

I recommend Performance Solutions Racing for the work. Go by anytime and talk with Dan, Bill, and the guys. They are always willing to talk about your car and make recommendations. Their work is top notch and they stand by it.

http://www.performancesolutionracing.com/

Good luck with your project and keep us informed on your progress.

__________________________________________________ ____

doubleday
10-05-07, 12:05 PM
I'll definitely be doing the CAI + Tune. I still want a decent top end, so i'm thinking 3.73's. Short-throw shifter is a must. How about underdrive pulleys?

Casey39er
10-05-07, 02:14 PM
I had a set of Steeda underdrive pulleys on for a while before my supercharger install. I did not really notice any difference. looking back I would have spent my money on other things. JMO

doubleday
10-05-07, 02:23 PM
I've heard good things about SCT tuners.

LSlayer
10-05-07, 11:16 PM
I'll definitely be doing the CAI + Tune. I still want a decent top end, so i'm thinking 3.73's. Short-throw shifter is a must. How about underdrive pulleys?

Dude trust me I have them and do 90% hwy driving....GET 4.10s!!!!

3.73 are much more over the 3.55s you already have. You don't lose top end, If anything my 4th gear accel is better. If your thinkin top speed it doesn't really affect it either. If anything at stock power levels you may increase it since you have more umph up top and you still won't hit the limiter of 155 due to drag. I can still bury my needle

LSlayer
10-05-07, 11:35 PM
I can't edit my last post for some reason but 3.73s ARE NOT a big step up from the 3.55s. once again GET 4.10s!!! You won't regret it

LSlayer
10-05-07, 11:42 PM
Other than gears the best first wrath of mods IMO are:

Poly/poly or poly/rod-end LCAs, UCAs, and a poly panhardbar.
Gears
CAI/Tune

Take the gears to a shop that is competent. The rest you can do yourself. As for UDPs, these cars esp the first run models tend to have A/C and alternator issues. I wouldn't go aggervating them with UDPs. The best ways in my experience to get rid of rotating mass has been an alum flywheel and a 1-pc driveshaft. Those two made a noticable increase in acceleration.

EXTRADUTY77
10-10-07, 11:28 AM
Don't wast your time with the Pulleys. you can go 275's all the way around and even bigger in the back. I agree with them CAI,SCT tuner ,4:10 and the shifter. But if you plan on big hp build the lower end. and after that you can let your mind go wild..

ndgoalie35
10-12-07, 02:18 AM
Go intake + SCT tuner, 4.10s, MGW shifter, ---> axle backs for the sound. The stock exhaust really doesn't do the car justice.