PDA

View Full Version : mustang project car

customcobrakb
10-07-07, 07:23 AM
hey people! i'm new to the site and i just have a few questions regarding my new project car for this winter. i want to buy a 1999 to 2004 mustang, but around here there aren't many v8's. so i was wondering if it is possible to drop the entire cobra drivetrain into a v6 mustang including exhaust and everything. i know the body panels will line up but i wonder about the drivetrain and exhaust because its not a dual exhaust or a v8. any help would be appreciated. please email me or just post on this thread so i can get started. i have a cobra parts car that was hurt due to fire damage but the body panels are good and the trans and rearend so i just really want to know what a good idea is. thanks

BurnTire
10-07-07, 09:29 AM
I believe you can. As far as the exhaust you just need the hangars for the dual exhaust. Sounds like a nice project.

Graham
10-15-07, 12:41 PM
Yeah man almost everything will fit right in. You will have to find hangers for the exhaust and other little stuff like a main wiring harness and computer but nothing too extreme.

The Abyss
10-15-07, 05:50 PM
You may want to also check the suspension. If I were you I'd make sure that you swapped over the axles/IRS, brakes and so on. As Graham said you will need the computer and wiring harness.

OH3MGSVT
10-15-07, 07:26 PM
Also take into consideration that the v6's have the 7.5" rear end and all the v8's have the 8.8"