PDA

View Full Version : Post Kenne Bell install problems...

SCdStangGT
10-07-07, 10:52 PM
Possibly fuel related...well it's def. fuel related somehow. I got my Kenne Bell installed perfect a couple weeks ago. 10psi @432rwhp...not bad really.
Anyway, I'm having some sort of fuel starvation issue. I'm now running at a constant 9psi...which is really ODD! And my A/F went from 11.2 to 12.2 and the numbers are constant on the Dyno. Not sure if my Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump is acting up or something screwed up in my fuel map. But its causing me great annoyance and pain that NO ONE can seem to figure this out.

Any help here would be great!

4Jenna
10-07-07, 11:18 PM
Have you talked with your tuner and/or installer?

Or did you do all the work yourself?

BurnTire
10-07-07, 11:51 PM
Fuel is off in the tune. Not sure how the 07 curve works. Fuel pumps are maxed out. Fuel filter could be getting clogged.

What setting is your BAP set at?

SCdStangGT
10-08-07, 03:51 AM
Have you talked with your tuner and/or installer?

Or did you do all the work yourself?

I started it myself and got to a point where if I didn't have a lift it was just going to be a pain so I had it professionally installed. Not my first choice but i didn't want it screwed up....heh
I talked with them and they couldn't figure it out...
It seemed to me after taking the suggestion from KB to flash back to factory settings then the KB tune again. They kind of threw their hands up, like that voided their work.

6Jeff6
10-08-07, 08:05 AM
I started it myself and got to a point where if I didn't have a lift it was just going to be a pain so I had it professionally installed. Not my first choice but i didn't want it screwed up....heh
I talked with them and they couldn't figure it out...
It seemed to me after taking the suggestion from KB to flash back to factory settings then the KB tune again. They kind of threw their hands up, like that voided their work.

Could be a bad tank of fuel??
I'd get a custom tune from a local tuner. You might gain some hp but usually you get better driveability.

Jeff

Nory@DRI
10-08-07, 10:15 AM
Possibly fuel related...well it's def. fuel related somehow. I got my Kenne Bell installed perfect a couple weeks ago. 10psi @432rwhp...not bad really.
Anyway, I'm having some sort of fuel starvation issue. I'm now running at a constant 9psi...which is really ODD! And my A/F went from 11.2 to 12.2 and the numbers are constant on the Dyno. Not sure if my Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump is acting up or something screwed up in my fuel map. But its causing me great annoyance and pain that NO ONE can seem to figure this out.

Any help here would be great!
There is a TSB out for problems with fuel pumps on the S197s.

And with that much boost, I highly recommend the GT500 Fuel pump kit. You are more than likely runnning out of fuel pump.

Dan
10-08-07, 10:42 AM

SCdStangGT
10-08-07, 10:51 AM
There is a TSB out for problems with fuel pumps on the S197s.

And with that much boost, I highly recommend the GT500 Fuel pump kit. You are more than likely runnning out of fuel pump.

KB says their set up for the 07 is fine with just the BAP and stock GT pump. A few other mustang tuners say the same thing. I for one just don't buy it. EVERYOTHER twinscrew manufacturer says upgrade your pumps. I also don't like the price hack for the GT500 pump kit almost $800 from most places. A price tag I just can't afford right now...as for the tune, I trust KB's tune, the vacuum switch is fine, the boost lines are fine, the bypass/valet switch is fine, the BAP is fine (I think). Its pretty much a plug-n-play set up. No cockpit controller, just a preset resistor in there for "on/off".

SCdStangGT
10-08-07, 10:53 AM

BurnTire
10-08-07, 11:29 AM
Wow that would be a long drive to Dan in Phoenix!

SCdStangGT
10-08-07, 03:34 PM
Wow that would be a long drive to Dan in Phoenix!

just a little...

ybnormal-gt
11-30-07, 06:14 PM
I am looking at kb vs whipple also, the shop that tuned my car said the kb they have installed have had some problems with them. and even the books from kbell say treat 1/4 of a tank as empty ! they say if you ever starve it it messes it up, they have not had any good luck talking with kb about problems and as you are aware kb does not trust the guys who tune from shops. I thought pushing 9 or 10 pounds the rwhp would have been a little better! imean I would love to have 430 plus the kb must of set ya back about a grand or 2 more than the whipple?
sorry for your troubles and I wish you the best. I ve got an 07 and still have not heard any glowing comments from anyone yet. best of luck

BurnTire
11-30-07, 06:18 PM
If you have an adequate fuel system and a correct tune you should not have an issue regardless of the blower brand you run.

wickedcobra
11-30-07, 09:28 PM
I have read that some have had issues with customer service from KB.

Graham
04-02-08, 12:49 PM

Yeah I wasn't too impressed when I had some problems with my Kenne

Stern90LX
04-06-08, 07:50 PM

KB's problem is they have over extended themselves. They want to do everything in shop from sell them directly to doing CS. Problem is, they didn't grow there CS with their ever growing product line. Which in the end they're short selling their ever growing customer base when they really need the help most.