PDA

View Full Version : 5.4 2v in my 03 gt

qwiksticked03gt
10-08-07, 07:16 PM
so i grenaded my 4.6 2v in my car and instead of doing the whole built stroker thing for more cubes i happen to have in my possesion a 5.4 triton motor from a pickup truck. im going to put this motor with my ported 2v pi heads, jba shortie headers ( long tubes just dont fit with 50 more cubes) and the hps hard baller 5.4 liter intake manifold when it comes out. my qeustion is which cam profile would be good for this motor should i just get the biggest cam profile i can for the 4.6 and stick it in the 5.4 i know that torque wojnt be a problem with the longer rod stroke. but i want to make sure im cramming enough air through the itty bitty heads to feed this motor. and a supercharger is out of the budget if it wasnt i wouldnt be stuffing a junkyard 5.4 into my car( lol).

anyway help with the cam selection would be nice thanks

nick

Gene
10-08-07, 08:54 PM
so i grenaded my 4.6 2v in my car and instead of doing the whole built stroker thing for more cubes i happen to have in my possesion a 5.4 triton motor from a pickup truck. im going to put this motor with my ported 2v pi heads, jba shortie headers ( long tubes just dont fit with 50 more cubes) and the hps hard baller 5.4 liter intake manifold when it comes out. my qeustion is which cam profile would be good for this motor should i just get the biggest cam profile i can for the 4.6 and stick it in the 5.4 i know that torque wojnt be a problem with the longer rod stroke. but i want to make sure im cramming enough air through the itty bitty heads to feed this motor. and a supercharger is out of the budget if it wasnt i wouldnt be stuffing a junkyard 5.4 into my car( lol).

anyway help with the cam selection would be nice thanks

nick

Sounds like fun. Contact PSR in the vendor forums. They can set you straight

Phx99Cobra
10-08-07, 09:53 PM
+ 1. PSR will do it right

BurnTire
10-08-07, 11:38 PM
+ 1. PSR will do it right

This member is in St. Louis

El Jefe
10-09-07, 05:20 PM