PDA

View Full Version : O/R x or H pipe

blk01gt
10-09-07, 07:49 PM
Im lookin to put a O/R x or h pipe on the car but my car seems to have manifolds, is this gunna pose a problem with the fitment? any info would be great!:pepper:

BurnTire
10-09-07, 08:18 PM
Should bolt right up with no problems.
I went back to cats. I can't stand the fumes from an O/R.
A good set of high flow cats will give the same power results as an O/R pipe.

Indy
10-09-07, 08:41 PM
My off road h-pipe showed no gains over my stock h-pipe, but it sounds ten times better!

gip99gt
10-15-07, 05:04 PM
It all depends on what sound you like. Take a ride with someone with a O/R H. Then take a ride with someone with a O/R X. See which one you like best. I have had both and the x sounds best at high rpm's.

Ya i switched to the X and i think i like it better.

BUSTED
06-05-08, 12:49 AM
i have a o/r x because they make more power....as long as it is a REAL X-pipe (NO BBK or BASSANI TYPES). Those press formed X-sections dont do you any good. the whole purpose is to create a vac. affect and suck more exhaust gas from infront of the x section. look at Dr. Gas X-pipes or even the new Pypes Stainless ones these are correct styles to create the most vac. and scavange from the headers which allows the exhaust to be sucked out thus flowing more and make the most power .....h-pipes are a waste as stated above other than a louder exhaust note....which the x-pipes give you too.( but better). H-pipes level out the exhaust pressure but its bassically an out dated tech. The inside of a REAL X PIPE has trade secret angles before and after the x section (with a Sharp divide in the center) to flow/scavange the best.

About2Bite
06-05-08, 01:07 AM
The power gains between the two are minimal, get what you think will sound better. An H pipe has more of the muscle car sound where as an X seems to be a bit more exotic sounding, X pipes also tend to be a bit more rhaspy without cats depending on your catback, what catback are you running currently?

Depending on your emissions an o/r mid pipe might end up bring a pain.