PDA

View Full Version : cat back exhaust

wraith
10-10-07, 10:15 AM
i want to install a cat back system ive looked and there are alot, i commute to work in this car on the highway 60km i want to have a nice rumble but i do not want any drone on the highway from the exhaust can any of you point me in the right direction?
thanks in advance
07gt
steeda/cia and steedatune

Boss281
10-10-07, 10:41 AM
i want to install a cat back system ive looked and there are alot, i commute to work in this car on the highway 60km i want to have a nice rumble but i do not want any drone on the highway from the exhaust can any of you point me in the right direction?
thanks in advance
07gt
steeda/cia and steedatune

From what I've read on countless threads on other forums is that Corsa is the only one out there that GUARANTEES no drone at 1800-2000rpm. Their axleback is on the expensive side, but if my machine was a daily driver, I'd go that route. With that being said, I love my Macs, which drone like mad but have an awesome loud sound. But I only drive it to cruises or the racetrack...

John

Jacostang
10-10-07, 10:48 AM
I drive on the freeway to work also and I love My Borla Ford Racing Stingers!!!! They get better with age!!!

EXTRADUTY77
10-10-07, 11:19 AM
Bassani all the way.... Ive had SLP which sounded like crap, Flowmaster which where ok but the Bassani is a keeper...

LSlayer
10-10-07, 10:33 PM
Don't know if your looking for a cat back or axleback but IMO catback are worthless on these cars. The piping is already 2.5 inches all the way back with one little crimp over the axle thats probably there for a reason. If you want to avoid drone go corsa. I've heard great things reguarding the pypes mid-muff system and drone but I haven't heard it in person. I have the stingers and they can be loud at hwy speeds but I live with it and really don't mind it.

Ruckus46gt
10-10-07, 10:36 PM
bassani will still drone a little. Best sounding exhaust that is quiet until you get to wide open throttle and then screams is magnaflow

BurnTire
10-10-07, 10:53 PM
I like my flowmaster american thunder catback..

wickedcobra
10-10-07, 11:21 PM
+1 for the Bassani I have a x-pipe too sounds sweet and mean.

wraith
10-11-07, 08:36 AM
thanks alot everyone ill shop around here in canada and see what kind of prices i can get and if i can hear the corsa's be a lil project for the long winter here while my stang sits in the garage on blocks lol

LSlayer
10-11-07, 01:25 PM
I can almost guarantee you corsa's are gonna run ya $600 USD brand new. They don't sound that good to me but they aren't supposed to drone. But axlebacks are easy to swap out if you don't like em. Bout 30-45 mins in the driveway.

southernmustang
10-31-07, 03:52 PM
I can almost guarantee you corsa's are gonna run ya $600 USD brand new. They don't sound that good to me but they aren't supposed to drone. But axlebacks are easy to swap out if you don't like em. Bout 30-45 mins in the driveway.Just installed the Borla Stingers and they are awesome!!!!

chewbaccajones
10-31-07, 06:09 PM
I like my flowmaster american thunder catback..

+1.

Also, a local shop said that because of the muffler placement on the new stangs more under the trunk, the drone issue is not nearly as bad as under the cabin in pre '04 cars.. Any truth to this?

chewbaccajones
10-31-07, 06:10 PM
Just installed the Borla Stingers and they are awesome!!!!

Where in Atlanta are you?

BurnTire
10-31-07, 06:11 PM
I believe the mufflers are aft of the axle on the 05+.

Blackmagic1
11-02-07, 11:49 AM
I believe the mufflers are aft of the axle on the 05+.
You are correct. Luv my Macs!:pepper::pepper:

southernmustang
11-13-07, 05:22 AM
thanks in advance
07gt
steeda/cia and steedatuneLet me know when you decide which way to go and I'll see if I can work you up a nice price and save you a few dollars.

Thanks

Ken

MaverickMLFD371
11-14-07, 08:49 AM
Corsa has no drone.

however, flowmaster does, but its barely noticeable. on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 4!

Borla and MAC drone sooo bad, makes my ears hurt, and I've got young years. I took an hour drive with my buddies borla's and I had a headache after the end of the trip cause they droned soo bad. the borla's do have a nice sound and so do the MACs, but the drone is terrible

cardude99
11-15-07, 06:46 PM
im not sure if they drone or not but the imco cherry bombs are the best sounding imo, and they are the loudest on the market i believe