PDA

View Full Version : Firewall Adj and Quad question.

Ethan@S3M
10-10-07, 10:44 AM
Ok so the other day I installed a Spec 3+ a Steeda double hook quadrant, and a Steeda Firewall adjuster. When I was finished with the install of the clutch I backed the car off the lift and the clutch was enguaging at the top of the pedal not down low like normal. After We installed the firewall adj. and quad we couldnt get it to lower the enguage ment point at all It still feels like it grabs up top. Anybody have any ideas, I followed the instructions pretty good.

Viper_ed
10-10-07, 11:11 AM
Sounds like you need to move the cable on the double hook quad. to the other position.

Ethan@S3M
10-10-07, 11:23 AM
The cable is on the second hook. When it was on the first hook there was a shit ton of endplay.

4Jenna
10-10-07, 11:25 AM
I like mine to grab there, tap the pedal on speed shifts insteada slamming it all the way to the floor

I think if you play with the adjustment you can dial it in to your pref.

Ethan@S3M
10-10-07, 11:41 AM
Im going to order the end play kit and put the cable back on the first hook like the instructions said to. Then Ill adjust it form there.

BurnTire
10-10-07, 11:45 AM
Get the LDC freeplay spring and switch hooks. You want the Throw Out bearing to be about 1/8 of an inch away (not spinning) from the pressure plate when the clutch is engaged.

Play with the hooks and adjuster. Turning the adjuster clockwise (IN) will move the clutch fork away from the pressure plate (lower pedal) and Counter clockwise (Out) will create a higher pedal point like you have now.

Any dead areas will be eliminated by the LDC spring.

Dan
10-11-07, 12:31 AM
Drive it a while the pedel will return after the break in. its normal

Dana
10-17-07, 08:06 PM
Try the Steeda quick release quadrant instead of the double hook quadrant. This linkage setup seems to perform better with the QR quadrant.
Then adjust as mentioned above, 1/8 inch between the TOB and the PP fingers.

Oh, and try the LDC kit too. It will help with the slop at the top of the pedal and the TOB clearance.

AZSonicSnake
10-21-07, 02:43 PM
yup, gotta have the ldc freeplay mod. its actually took me from hating my spec stage 3+ clutch to loving it. and it was cheap too. can't beat that!

vicious781
10-21-07, 10:49 PM
I like mine to engage up top too. If I put mine on the lower hooks, it doesn't seem to disengage fully when the pedal is depressed. If you can't get it where you want, you may want to look at a Tri-hook. Stay the hell away from the UPR adjustable cable though...