PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Time. Any Ideas?

Ethan@S3M
10-22-07, 12:14 PM
Its time to do the suspension on the car so I was wondering what would be the best option. Pro Stars with slicks and skinnies are already in the works and Ill be adding some subframe connectors.

Option 1: Tubular K-member, Tubular A-arms, coilovers, rear coilovers, and adjustable uppers and lowers

Option 2: Eibach drag launch kit, 90/10 front struts,50/50 Rears, and adjustable uppers and lowers

I know what is cheaper but I want the best set up possible. My plan is 10's with the blower setup I have now. Let me know what you guys think.

BurnTire
10-22-07, 12:21 PM
I have 01 Bullet Springs in the back with tokico shocks.

I am doing tokico drag struts and coilovers in the front.

Tubular K member and A-Arms.

I have the Steeda weight jacker lowers and double adjustable uppers. Spherical bushings.

Oh yea you gonna need a roll bar!

4Jenna
10-22-07, 12:39 PM
I would do Option 1 minus rear coilovers, but I'd add a nice adj strut like a Strange 10 way.

Chris

Ethan@S3M
10-22-07, 12:39 PM
What K member and controll arms are you going with Jeff?

Ethan@S3M
10-22-07, 12:41 PM
I would do Option 1 minus rear coilovers, but I'd add a nice adj strut like a Strange 10 way.

Chris

Ya I dont think the rears are needed

BurnTire
10-22-07, 02:11 PM
What K member and controll arms are you going with Jeff?

Probably PA Racing.

BurnTire
10-22-07, 02:17 PM

Many of the people I know that are much faster than me seem to like the 01 bullet springs and a shock setup. With the spherical mounts on the control arms I am pleasantly surprised with how well the car hooks on the street the pinion angle set at -2.

Also I can't hear any additional noise with the solid bushings just driving around. Other than an occasional pop on uneven surfaces.

The steeda weight jackers are delrum on the chassis side and spherical on the axle side. Being able to adjust the ride height is nice.

Viper_ed
10-22-07, 02:30 PM
X2. I've heard that the conversion kits for the rear come apart on their own over time.

BurnTire
10-22-07, 02:51 PM
Oh yea be sure to get some battle boxes. Lou at LMM has them at a good price.

Ruckus46gt
10-22-07, 03:16 PM
I'd do an eibach drag launch front springs, pa racing kmember with spring purchases, reuse your stock a arms, qa1 front struts, stock rear springs(or could use the drag launch rears), hpm mega bite jr lower control arms, steeda hardcore double adjustable upper control arms. Stock rear shocks should be fine. I'd do qa1's or tokico drag struts over strange. Know a lot of people that had issues with them and some that didnt, but more that did. Hpm mega bite jrs are one of the best drag racing lca only one i'd say is better is wolfe

4Jenna
10-22-07, 03:34 PM
What kinda issues on the Strange struts

BurnTire
10-22-07, 03:36 PM
I did a bunch of research on the struts and tokico drag seems to come in the best. Of course they cost the most also.

Ruckus46gt
10-22-07, 03:57 PM
What kinda issues on the Strange struts
almost all complained about the noises they made. couple had them go prematurely on cars that were not lowered. they swapped out to qa1's never had any problems and no clunking noises

AZSonicSnake
10-22-07, 06:11 PM
i would definetly go with a tubular k member. i love the one i picked up from PSR. its been one of the best things i have done for my suspension.

Ethan@S3M
10-22-07, 09:14 PM
Im gonna do a K but will go with the MM piece and coil over set up.

Ruckus46gt
10-22-07, 11:09 PM
Im gonna do a K but will go with the MM piece and coil over set up.
mm kmember is very heavy your only going to save about 15lbs maybe 20 tops. I'd do pa racing hands down great piece and they stand behind there work

4Jenna
10-23-07, 08:56 AM
Rukus have you ever ran any of these parts, or just mega nut swing off your friends?

Ruckus46gt
10-23-07, 12:51 PM
ran pa racing kmember, ran hpm mega bite jrs lca, ran steeda lca, ran steeda double adjustable uca's, ran h&r ss springs, lakewoods, tokico illumina's, eibach drag launch kit, mm c/c plates, steeda full length subframes, and stock suspension parts
seen side by side pics on modular depot of the mm kmember and pa racing. Know people who have ran the mm set up and weighed it. I weight my pa racing kmember

4Jenna
10-23-07, 01:21 PM
didnt see strange struts in there:hi:

silver03cobra
10-23-07, 05:58 PM
Probably PA Racing.

+1:woot1: