PDA

View Full Version : sct tuner problems.

05gtboost
10-24-07, 07:20 PM
I thought I would post this an that it may help someone . I started with a steeda tune with a ateeda cold air kit and off road H pipe. My car is a 2005 mustang GT and it just would'nt idle right as soon as I programmed he car . I paid no mind to it and of course the dealer that sold me the tune denied anything was wrong on there part. I then returned the programer. I then purchased a vortech base kit that came with a sct tuner with two tunes . The car would not idle bat at times just die! This was getting agrivating and no one had any awnsers to help me fix it . I have relied on only myself on fixing and repairing my cars, but since programers are the locked by the dealers that sales them then I was stuck. After many calls to the programer and checking my very meticulas instal for fixes . I found nothing was wrong. I then gave up on the tuner and just idled my car to 1350 rpms driving and 950 rpms idle to get it back to normal .
The best fix is to have a custom tune on the dyno. Hope this helps !

LSlayer
10-24-07, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't have trusted Steeda's or Vortec's canned tunes further that you could throw a fat bitch. Get the tuner unlocked and get a dyno tune.

AZSonicSnake
10-24-07, 11:31 PM
The best fix is to have a custom tune on the dyno. Hope this helps !

gonna be honest, you answered your own question right there....

Blackmagic1
10-25-07, 10:59 AM
I have the Steeda CAI on my 06 and SCT but, from Brenspeedand have had NO problems. Very happy with their tune:pepper:

05gtboost
10-25-07, 04:42 PM
Yea I need to get a tune but I want to do the water methanol injection . Anybody have any experience with it!!!!:pepper: