PDA

View Full Version : MAS help

JE's00GT
10-26-07, 05:41 PM
I need help with a question. I bought a new 90mm MAS complete with housing and all. Can I put my Original MAS in the bigger housing without calibrating? It is a 2000 MUstang Gt. I will Calibrate when I up grade to bigger injectors but I just need to know if it is safe to do this till i get more cash for more up grades. I am just trying to get it more air for now. Anybody know? thanks

BurnTire
10-26-07, 06:08 PM
Needs some more details on your car?

Does it have a blower or is in N/A?

JE's00GT
10-26-07, 07:06 PM
No blower. Cold air is all I have so far. What else do you need to know?

BurnTire
10-26-07, 07:34 PM
I really don't see the larger meter housing causing a negative issue with your setup.

fazm
10-26-07, 07:36 PM
theres chance of it going lean. more air going through the larger housing than ur computer is measuring.

again it depends on how the air flow sensor is already calibrated.

BurnTire
10-26-07, 07:41 PM
It is was blown I would have the A/F checked.
Not sure how much additional airflow the slight increase in housing diameter would created on a N/A car. But on the flip side I don't see it creating substantial additional horsepower either. If he wants to be super safe just leave the stocker in place.

JE's00GT
10-26-07, 07:42 PM
Can I use my tuner adjust for this? It ask which MAS I have and actually has the one I bought as one of the recommended.

JE's00GT
10-26-07, 07:44 PM
No extra power at all? Will it help with an intake kit?

BurnTire
10-26-07, 08:24 PM
No extra power at all? Will it help with an intake kit?

It will add some power not sure of the gains in a N/A car.

BurnTire
10-26-07, 08:27 PM
Can I use my tuner adjust for this? It ask which MAS I have and actually has the one I bought as one of the recommended.

You need to be able to read the air fuel to tune a new MAF. You may be able to adjust some fuel with the the tuner, but a custom tune is the best.

What MAF and Sensor brand did you buy?

JE's00GT
10-27-07, 09:39 AM
It is a Ford Racing brand. I guess I need to find a place to get it calibrated? I am new at all this so I am sorry if I ask a lot of questions.

BurnTire
10-27-07, 12:27 PM
It is a Ford Racing brand. I guess I need to find a place to get it calibrated? I am new at all this so I am sorry if I ask a lot of questions.

Do you have a link to what you purchased. I don't see a ford racing MAF for a 2000 GT on the Ford Racing Site.

If the sensor has different electronics than stock your cars tune needs to be adjusted for the new sensor.

JE's00GT
10-27-07, 02:24 PM
It is for a 2001-2004 ford lightning. I got it cheap brand new and figured I could make it work. How and where might I get adjustments done? I do appreciate your help.

BurnTire
10-27-07, 02:36 PM
It is for a 2001-2004 ford lightning. I got it cheap brand new and figured I could make it work. How and where might I get adjustments done? I do appreciate your help.

Ok you will need to have the car taken to a dyno and tuned.

On a fairly stock 00 GT this is a waste of money. I would just stick with the Cold air intake and stock MAF meter.

The only reason to go to a larger MAF meter is due to your current meter pegging. The meters reads 0-5 volts. When you reach 5 volts you are considered pegged. That means if you car has the ability to flow more air the computer will not be able to read it as the meter is at its max reading.

Unless you are moving a ton of air you better off spending the money on other mods.

JE's00GT
10-27-07, 03:04 PM
Thanks Jeff. Have any mods in mind that would make a difference without a huge amount of money? I do plan in the future for a supercharger and all that but right now im taking it slow. I have flowmaster exhaust, Cold air, Pro 5.0 shifter, tuner and im sure more i can't think of right now. But really thanks for your help. I will put that MAS away for maybe something in the future.

BurnTire
10-27-07, 03:53 PM
Do you have gears yet?

JE's00GT
10-27-07, 05:22 PM
Not yet. I was actually thinking about that next. I think I might go to 3.73 gears. I still need some good gas mileage. I have asked around and most suggest 3.73

BurnTire
10-27-07, 05:24 PM
Not yet. I was actually thinking about that next. I think I might go to 3.73 gears. I still need some good gas mileage. I have asked around and most suggest 3.73

Yes that would be a good gear for you. It will really wake the car up and utilize your current power much better.

JE's00GT
10-27-07, 06:25 PM
Do you have a suggestion on what brand gears would be best? Or

BurnTire
10-27-07, 07:00 PM
Get the Ford Racing Gears.