PDA

View Full Version : 10 sec terminators

LSlayer
10-28-07, 05:28 AM
How much have you invested in your car to get to where your at. If I were to trade in for and build up a Cobra I'd lookin to get down into the mid to high 10s. The key thing is I wanna keep her streetable, meaning minimal race fuel, can be setup to pass emmisions with ease, and no overheating(ha ha in AZ). The turbo setups to make tremendous power but most seem to require a new K-member. Is this just a fact of life or do some kits get away with using the stock K-member.

AZSonicSnake
10-28-07, 11:26 AM
any turbo kit will require an aftermarket k member on a terminator. i am not a 10 second car yet, but i can tell you it does depend on how you wanna get there. honestly the previous owner of my car used a solid rear axle and a large shot of nitrous and a good clutch and he ran tens. thats about 5-7k to go about it that way. it all depends on how you wanna do it, since you can use either nitrous, aftermarket blower, ported blower, turbo, or a combo of nitrous and any of the above.

personally for me, i know my plans intail a ported blower that i currently have on the car, and a small shot of nitrous to hit tens. i have no current plans of going kenne bell, whipple or turbo.

BurnTire
10-28-07, 11:27 AM
My car passes emissions and was very streetable with the IRS when I went 10's.
I had a whipple and all the required supporting mods and safety equipment. At that point I had 17K in mods on the car.

LSlayer
10-28-07, 08:10 PM
17K, man thats gonna take a while. What were all the supporting mods?

BurnTire
10-29-07, 01:49 AM
17K, man thats gonna take a while. What were all the supporting mods?

Whipple Supercharger 19 PSI
JLT CAI
60 lb Injectors
Accufab TB
SCT BA 2400 MAF
Billet Flow Idlers
LFP HE and Reservoir
NGK-BR7EF Plugs
Hurst Line Lock
Mac Pro Chamber
Magnaflow Cat Back
Kenne Bell BAP / Wiring Upgrade
Kenny Brown Sub Frame Connectors
Billet Flow IRS Brace
McLeod Bell Housing
McLeod TB Sleeve
26 Spline Input Shaft
Ram Power Grip HD Clutch
Ram Billet Steel Flywheel
Fiore Firewall Adjuster
Steeda QR Quadrant
MGW Shifter
Raptor Shift Light
PLX Wide Band
Autometer Lunar Boost & Fuel
Speed Of Sound Pod/Pillar
LMM Drive Shaft Loop
MM 6 Point Roll Bar
GForce 5 Point Harness
SCT Pro Racers Package

And some more I missed for sure. LOL

Gene
10-29-07, 05:14 PM
you can get everything you need from our reputable vendors in the vendor section for around 6K and go 10's all day long. Call them, and tell them what you want to do.

LSlayer
10-30-07, 12:40 AM
Thats quite a sig there buddy.

Dan
10-30-07, 06:26 PM
I dont want to add it up .... I might cry

Gene
10-30-07, 11:25 PM
Thats quite a sig there buddy.

I think so too. Thanks

BurnTire
10-31-07, 03:20 PM
I dont want to add it up .... I might cry

1 million dollars

http://arbyte.us/blog_archive/2005/11/drevil_million_dollars.jpg

SMOKE
10-31-07, 09:06 PM
You could do it w/ just a ported blower, clutch, aggressive tune, maybe some weight reduction and a good tire if you have the driver mod. :icon_cool: That'd put you in the 3-4K price range if you choose your mods carefully.

Venomous Bite
10-31-07, 10:18 PM
1 million dollars

LOL, thats about what I have in mine.

Ruckus46gt
10-31-07, 10:40 PM
you can make it with a ported and pullied cobra, 60-75 shot of spray, midpipe catback, slick skinnies, and irs upgrades

LSlayer
11-01-07, 11:05 PM
How much does it cost to have the eaton ported, and how much power would or should I see.

OH3MGSVT
11-01-07, 11:14 PM
depending on what stage port you go with and pulley size and other misc. mods, you should see anywhere from 20-60 hp. and cost anywhere from $300-$745 ($745 for the stage IV w/ TB and PL porting) or just $545 for the regular stage IV

Dan
11-02-07, 01:10 AM
its funny you all say it can be done with a ported blower like it is not hard however only about 10 people have done it. Weird, oh and a 50-75 shot wouldnt make a large enough diffrence. :hi:

have a nice night guys

wickedcobra
11-02-07, 10:12 AM
Id say. Built Solid axle to be safe but some have done it with IRS. Whipple with all the supporting mods as said by Burn Tire. Sticky tires. Definately a nice clutch. I think you can do it for around 10-12k. Oh and Im not a 10 sec car. Thats wishful thinking.

Viper_ed
11-02-07, 11:06 AM
How much does it cost to have the eaton ported, and how much power would or should I see.

http://www.stiegemeier.com/index.html

SMOKE
11-02-07, 05:30 PM
its funny you all say it can be done with a ported blower like it is not hard however only about 10 people have done it. Weird, oh and a 50-75 shot wouldnt make a large enough diffrence. :hi:

have a nice night guys

I never said it wasn't hard. Just that it can be done w/ those mods...

Most people dump money into go fast mods, when they could be almost just as fast w/ less mods if they had more seat time and got a better feel for their own car. All those guys that go 10s w/ just those mods are phenomenal drivers, and I'd be willing to bet they'd went 11.02 a hundred times before they finally dipped down into the 10s.

LSlayer
11-05-07, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I like my S197 for a lot of things except power. You can do a bit with the 3V but not as easily as the 4V. Maybe once I get back to the states I'll be lookin into a cobra.

Dan
11-05-07, 09:35 PM
it is posable just make sure you get useful mods and not the ones who caus you to waist money

LSlayer
11-07-07, 01:17 PM
+1 I do try to focus on more mods that will get power to the ground like suspension, drivetrain, and good driving, but that will only get you so far against the like of supras, vettes and vipers. This is why I'm really starting to look into 4V power. Terminators are the only stangs I see running with those cars on a regular bases and usually do alright.