PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on exhaust.

The Abyss
10-31-07, 10:47 PM
I've emailed a guy on the Mach 1 registry about a SLP loudmouth 1 exhaust 'system' he is selling. Brand new $375. Is it worth it? I want to know what your thoughts are. I'm looking for a deep muscle tone, don't want high ricer buzz. Any other suggestions?

AZSonicSnake
10-31-07, 10:57 PM
i love the lm1 on my cobra, but it had to have high flow cats to be tolerable.

The Abyss
10-31-07, 11:09 PM
What's it sound like on the highway? Do you think the price is right?

AZSonicSnake
10-31-07, 11:15 PM
sounds great. no drone or anything. just gotta keep cats in it.

price seems good. so long as he doesn't ram ya on shipping.

The Abyss
11-01-07, 01:34 AM
Well he lives in California and I'm in Utah. Any idea what it could be for shipping?

The Abyss
11-01-07, 11:38 AM
It's a cat back. How well do they work with the stock Cats?

Ruckus46gt
11-01-07, 01:18 PM
to be honest i wouldnt do it. Listen to a few cars with lm1's they sound like crap way to loud and raspy. Might be ok for now but if you plan on doing full exhaust its a no brainer dont do it

AZSonicSnake
11-01-07, 06:34 PM
to be honest i wouldnt do it. Listen to a few cars with lm1's they sound like crap way to loud and raspy. Might be ok for now but if you plan on doing full exhaust its a no brainer dont do it

have you heard my car?

TorchedMach1
11-01-07, 07:13 PM
I'm on the fence here cause I've heard Tony's (AZSonicSnake) car and I think it sounds great. But I've heard a few good quality clips of Mach's with the LM1's and they sound too raspy in my opinion. I put the Magnaflow catback on my car and love it. They are very loud exhaust systems.

You can actually kinda hear both of our cars, and Shane's (INDY) Mach 1 in the videos in this thread I posted below. I believe Shane has a Bassani Catback with an O/R H-pipe. I have an O/R H-pipe as well. Not exactly sure on Tony's. http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4098

AZSonicSnake
11-01-07, 08:00 PM
i have a bassani hi flow catted x, with the lm1's....

btw- thanks jay! glad i was not along...:twothumbsup:

Indy
11-01-07, 08:47 PM
The SLP LM1s sound good on blower cars but they do tend to be raspy in N/A cars IMO.

And yes Big T your cobra does sound sweet!

Torchmach
11-01-07, 08:48 PM
Check with Ethan at Stage 3 Motorsports, He had an SLP loudmouth system on his Orange Mach that gave Him Migrane headaches due to resonating. I have a full Magnaflow system on my Mach, might be a bit quieter than other systems but, it has real nice, deep tone.

AZSonicSnake
11-01-07, 09:30 PM
The SLP LM1s sound good on blower cars but they do tend to be raspy in N/A cars IMO.

yea...guess that might make a difference...i'll shut up now. :twothumbsup:

The Abyss
11-01-07, 10:04 PM
Well I Guess I'll tell the guy I'll pass and keep looking. Torchmach do you have a clip of your exhaust?

IMSHAKN
11-03-07, 10:39 PM
So far my favorite exhaust set ups on the mach 1's have been Magnaflow and Mac. I went with the full SS Mac set up and have been loving it except it takes a lot of adjusting to get things lined up all correctly when compared to other setups I have installed for others. I will say that SLP setup I helped install on a buddies Orange GT was like butter, very easy to install.

The Abyss
11-03-07, 11:33 PM
Do you happen have a clip?

IMSHAKN
11-03-07, 11:41 PM
I will snag my cam from my buddy and get you one by Tuesday.

Torchmach
11-06-07, 07:52 PM
Well I Guess I'll tell the guy I'll pass and keep looking. Torchmach do you have a clip of your exhaust?

Sorry, no Clips. You really don't get a true reproduction of the sound any way. My suggestion would be to ask around, see what other have on their Cars, and take a listen. The Magnaflow system is high quality stainless Steel (they even polish the mufflers!), made to last. The Borla, and Bassani Systems are right up there too. Flowmaster would be on the next level down, they have been resting on their reputation, and the other 3 have caught up ,and passed them.

IMSHAKN
11-07-07, 12:21 AM
Here it is as promised, I kept the camera away from the car so you don't get as much distortion of the sound as you typically see on most people's clips. I could do more I suppose if you'd like, but this gives you an idea of what it's like. I like the sound of my SS Mac catback, but I will say that getting it to fit well takes a little bit more finess than say an SLP setup (Which stands for Sounds like **** when installed on a mach 1:laughing:)

http://www.youtube.com/v/HF-aN9ztMU4&rel

The Abyss
11-08-07, 08:57 PM
Sounds good! I was thinking of doing from the headers back. Is it worth it to do cat backs or should I save my pennies and just do the whole thing?

IMSHAKN
11-08-07, 09:03 PM
I'd consult with others, but from what I've heard the headers are not going to net you much power and that you will probably be dissapointed. But hey, I can't speak from personal experience on this one so maybe someone else can chime in.

I will say that I like the sound of an O/R pipe on a catback. Unless you are going all out with your car, you could probably better spend the $$$ you'd spend on the headers and be happier with the results.

TorchedMach1
11-08-07, 09:11 PM
Yeah I would definately say no on the headers for now. Throw an O/R midpipe on the car, catback, and enjoy. You can spend the money you save on not doing the headers and put a bottle on the car. :woot1:

Much better mod for the money.

bleedingfordblu
11-10-07, 09:09 AM
i love my exhaust set up. LM1's with catted bassani x. it sounds great.. not too loud and its nice and tucked up. looks great as well