Ethan@S3M
11-06-07, 11:18 PM
Kind of a let down.

BurnTire
11-06-07, 11:22 PM
Looks like a GT to me.

IMSHAKN
11-06-07, 11:30 PM
I actually like the understated looks of the Bullitt. I'm just dissapointed that it's almost the same as every other "special" edition Ford does these days. It was cool when they first started it with the last Bullitt, but It's getting to be ridiculous. Now if Ford were to bring back the Boss with some balls, then I'd be the first one in line :EvilGrin:

TorchedMach1
11-07-07, 07:12 AM
Wow only 315 and 325 huh? I thought the next specialty mustang was supposed to have close to 400 hp N/A.

ASUSMC
11-07-07, 07:52 AM
Great another Shelby package... er Ford racing package... er who cares anymore....

Jacostang
11-07-07, 08:17 AM
I agree, I like the clean look but they could have given it more go power for sure!

Viper_ed
11-07-07, 08:19 AM
Junk!!!!

LSlayer
11-07-07, 01:11 PM
Nice color but otherwise nothin real special. Honestly when I think "Bullitt" I think big motor, big torque, shyt starting mustang. A slightly higher revving stock motor with a CAI doesn't exactly fit the bill for me.

When is Ford going to start making American sized V-8s? No 3600lb+ muscle car should be ringing in with less than 351ci IMO.

IMSHAKN
11-07-07, 01:22 PM
Nice color but otherwise nothin real special. Honestly when I think "Bullitt" I think big motor, big torque, shyt starting mustang. A slightly higher revving stock motor with a CAI doesn't exactly fit the bill for me.

When is Ford going to start making American sized V-8s? No 3600lb+ muscle car should be ringing in with less than 351ci IMO.

I like that idea, Ford should have a supersize me type option like that fast food restaruants. That would be awesome:woot2:

LSlayer
11-07-07, 02:01 PM
They could have at least thrown a black billet grille in there.

Viper_ed
11-07-07, 02:19 PM
They could have at least thrown a black billet grille in there.
It wasn't in the budget after lowering the rear by a whopping 6mm.

:flame: F U FORD!!!

gjmack3
11-08-07, 08:38 PM
:gay: What an amzing let down!!!!!!! It looks like a v-6 minus the pony package with shelby gt wheels!!!!! How f-ing stupid can ford get with these s-197's!!!!!!!!! If this what they are going to put out for their special editions, I hope like hell the proposed boss 302 never comes out!!!!! It'll look like absolute rubbish too!!!!!!!! :wtf:

LSlayer
11-08-07, 09:10 PM
The fact it comes with 3.73s is cool. But people are still gonna put 4.10s in. I wonder what kind of H-pipe they are using? Its probably an MRT catted H-pipe since the owner of MRT, Scott Hoag, helped ford develop the last Bullitt. These are the only two things that really seem unique to this car besides color.

LSlayer
11-08-07, 09:15 PM
Maybe Ford can get Saleen to start making them some 302s like the ones that come in the PJ. Hold on lemme put down the peace pipe:wacky1:

chewbaccajones
11-08-07, 09:46 PM
Ford is effed when the Camaro and Challenger go on sale.

Jacostang
11-09-07, 08:47 AM
Ford is restyling the Mustang just as the Camaro and Challenger come out, the plan was the 5.0 Hurricane motor but since the goverment is stipulating a 35 mpg in the near future that may be dead!!!

blueoval
11-09-07, 09:01 AM
Ford is effed when the Camaro and Challenger go on sale.

Eh, I doubt it. The Craparro will be priced too high, and the high end ones will be close to the base model price of a 'vette...which was the reason why they stopped making F-bodies in 02 anyway. The Challenger will be cool, but who knows what the price will be. $40K? And it is Chrysler, so they'll find a way to screw it up. No "real" Hemi, no big block, etc. The interior is pretty lousy too.

There is a reason the Mustang has been the only affordable sports car in continuous production since the '60's.

LSlayer
11-09-07, 11:00 AM
The challenger does look to be a sweet ride but for me the only way to go would be the R/T, or which ever one has the 6.1 hemi. But I've heard rumors of that model running close to or above 40K. Plus I have yet to see any real high power new "hemi" cars out there. Wonder if the MDS has something to do with it. If ford was to come out with a "Boss" model. Hopefully it a all go no frills setup. Big performance, little comforts, all fun. Maybe a curb weight around 3200-3300lbs. I'd buy it, as long as it could handily beat the LSX next door.

chewbaccajones
11-09-07, 11:12 AM
If they do come out with a Boss, hopefully it wont be just a decal package with a dash plaque and their FRPP intake. woo hoo

killermach1
11-09-07, 08:40 PM
This just supports my decision to buy a GT and mod it my self, as previously stated its just a cheaper version of the shelby GT. I was hoping for a Mach 1 variant with the non FI version of the GT500's 4 cam 5.4 but now I have no hope of that. It will probibly be a 4.6 with the same FRPP crap and different badging.

diehard
11-10-07, 08:16 AM
Wow... Who is Ford's man on the streets??? The Bullitt is suppose to represent a bad ass above the law car street car and judging from those pics, it's simply (as previously mentioned) a v-6 looking Mustang! I have learned the 3V 4.6L loves horsepower, yet Ford treats it like a baby for obvious money/warranty issues. However, I have a fully stock motor pushing almost 600hp to the crank, with over 490rwhp with the help of whipple, and the best tuner in this universe, of course DEVIN at PSR! And I've had no problems. So why Ford only wants to make great specility cars for the rich, and not us working class is beyond me? And yes, where have all the cubic inches gone? Chevy makes 6.0L, and Ford can only muster a 4.6L, and 5.4L? So I'll just keep building my own bad ass above the law street car, and leave the good cars to the professionals, as it's obvious Ford has it under control, after all, look it's a Bullitt Special, it's Green... Wow.:z7shysterical: