PDA

View Full Version : Just completed AOD to T5 SWAP!!

AODLXVert
11-11-07, 09:34 AM
The results of the swap are simply awesome! It took me 4 hrs total for the pedals (thats with taking the donor pedals out of the donor car) and with a lift it took me 12 hrs to complete the rest (mind you this is WITH taking everything out of another car 1st).... I installed a King Cobra clutch with a resurfaced flywheel and used the speedo sender, gear etc from the donor car as well. A little advise to ANYONE whos thinking about doing this, BESIDES the fact my car went from a 15.5 to a 14.1, so do it!!! You DO NOT HAVE TO RELOCATE the speedo cable if you DONT want to pull apart your dash. My cars interior has NEVER been apart. So I didnt want to take it apart for obvious reasons (they tend to rattle a little afterwards)... All you have to do is grind a 1/4" slot off the side of the clutch cable hole. The firewall thickness ga. is thick enough to support this method and with a little vacuum line - lined around it, it seals like a champ. And NO it does not interfere with the quadrant movement. The only problem I have is a 2nd gear synchronizer going out. Anyway, I now LOVE my car all over again and cant stop driving it! As for those who dont believe my car dropped a second and a half just by that mod alone... Keep your doubts to yourself, I have NO reason to lie about something like this. Mods to date are Electric fan, MAC shorty headers, O/R X pipe, Flowmaster dumps, K&N (box type), C&L 73mm MAF, MSD cap & rotor, King Cobra clutch, bumped timing to 15 degrees (texas has 93 oct.) removed air silencer and a tri-ax shifter. Not bad times for that huh?

Jacostang
11-11-07, 10:39 AM
Very Cool!! , now just some pictures please!!!!!:bouncy:

ASUSMC
11-12-07, 07:25 AM
I will be doing a swap like this on my car. But its also going to be receving a completely new drivetrain

Graham
11-15-07, 11:39 AM
I will be doing a swap like this on my car. But its also going to be receving a completely new drivetrain

Jeff lets throw a 9inch in that bitch just cause you can :highfive:

OH3MGSVT
11-15-07, 11:55 AM
Buy another one!

93mustank
11-15-07, 03:54 PM
Also did an Aod to t-5 swap in my 86. Very easy.....I also took the steering column out...makes it a lot easier to swap pedals.

ASUSMC
11-15-07, 04:06 PM
Right now my car doesn't have a dash or steering column in it. No interior either. Should be pretty easy to get to that pedal setup.