PDA

View Full Version : HELP! overheating

W1ck3d
11-17-07, 02:17 PM
i just got done with my FRPS issue now the damn cobra is overheating...when i opened the hood coolant tarted to gush and as i tried to slowly open to relive presure more of it poured out ,i let it cool and drove it home on the way home i turned the heater on to try and relive some heat from it and it was blowing cold air while holding constant temp my fans work high and low what could htis be im thinking thermostat and im gona be changing that today 180 degree, any input will greatly be appreciated thanks!

AZSonicSnake
11-17-07, 02:27 PM
sounds like you possibly on the right path. the only other thing i would suggest is to also purge the cooling system.

i went on svtperformance to the how too section and used this thread...

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245795

mainly you just have to pull the plug out of the bridge slowly after warming up the car, and some coolant will come out, along with the possible air bubble that is in you system.

fazm
11-17-07, 03:00 PM
ya bleeding the cooling system on these cars takes patience.

change the tstat and then make sure you bleed it well.

BurnTire
11-17-07, 03:01 PM
Also when you purge the system elevate the front of the car as it helps the bubbles find their way out.

fazm
11-17-07, 03:11 PM
Also when you purge the system elevate the front of the car as it helps the bubbles find their way out.

never thought bout doin that.

i did this for my 2005 mustang bleeding the clutch though, and it helped a lot.

BurnTire
11-17-07, 03:14 PM
I just pull it up on the ramps. It works great.

W1ck3d
11-18-07, 07:20 PM
changed the thermostat and awaiting it to warm and 5min still ilding and no low speed fan...hmm so 10 goes by still none and 20 still none finally it hit normal temps still no fan starts to creeps twords H and mid way highspeed fan kicks in,so i take it my low speed fan is gone could it just be the fuse?

AZSonicSnake
11-18-07, 10:44 PM
really sounds like an air pocket..

4Jenna
11-18-07, 11:54 PM
I just pull up to Eades house and rev. It works great as I can't pick on him when his car runs

Jeff

One day my young Jedi..one day:yes:

BurnTire
11-18-07, 11:57 PM
Jeff

One day my young Jedi..one day:yes:

LOL. My cars runs it just doesn't drive.:laughing:

4Jenna
11-18-07, 11:59 PM
LOL. My cars runs it just doesn't drive.:laughing:

Mine drives just doesnt run:woot2:

Lucafu1
11-19-07, 01:23 PM
I always drill holes in my T-stat to help with bleeding. It makes is very quick.

W1ck3d
11-19-07, 02:29 PM
im thinking about getting a 160 Tstat if i do will i have to reprogram anything for it?

5.0Stanger
11-23-07, 10:57 PM
I had an overheating problem, not long after I got mine. Turned out that something was blocking the air from getting through the radiator. When removed, all was well.

Check to make sure that the fan comes on, when the A/C is turned on. You could always apply 12v to the fan, to make sure it comes on. Don't change it, if it isn't the problem. From what I've read, so far, I don't think you've jumpered the fan circuit to test operation.

silver03cobra
11-27-07, 08:27 PM
i would recommend changing the cap! i had a problem with mine

W1ck3d
11-27-07, 09:17 PM
i checked everything i found out my lowspeed fan isnot comin on so i purchased a new one from americanmuscle.com its a complete replacement for oem big other than it being bigger and better but well see how it works out hopfully its the only problem and could somone shoot me the oem pin for the upstream o2 sensors before the cats thanks!