PDA

View Full Version : Pinks All Out = Thumbs Down

TRUUBLE
11-17-07, 10:53 PM
They chose a 12.50 class . . . . .

whatever :gay:

chewbaccajones
11-17-07, 11:42 PM
I thought they were looking for 10.5 cars for Tucson?? Did you trailer your car down there just to find that out?

AZSonicSnake
11-18-07, 01:12 AM
heard about this from the PSR crew. how lame!!! i was told that there didnot even seem to be that many 12 second cars. unbelieveable....

Ruckus46gt
11-18-07, 06:00 AM
if i knew that i would have picked up some better tires and put my skinnies on and headed down there

krazyazian
11-18-07, 09:36 AM
heard about this from the PSR crew. how lame!!! i was told that there didnot even seem to be that many 12 second cars. unbelieveable....
There weren't many 12 second cars because no one actually thought they would pick a 12 second class! Alot of the guys I know (that run 12's) didn't run for that reason. I thought they were joking when they announced it until they started shooting out names and car numbers. What a letdown, basically, Pinks was an expensive Test and Tune! I could have seen 12 second cars on a regular Friday night!

TRUUBLE
11-18-07, 10:22 AM
I thought they were looking for 10.5 cars for Tucson?? Did you trailer your car down there just to find that out?

They didn't pick 10.5 cars. They picked 12.5

I got my motor back from the machine shop on Thursday night, wrenched until midnight, fired the car about 11:30 Friday morning, trailered it down, made the first pass on the fresh motor at Pinks ran 10.21, made an adjustment and ran 10.08, couldn't hook Saturday morning and ran 10.33 (spinning through the 330).

The best class was probably the mid-high 9 second class.

I'm not pissed I didn't get picked. I just think a 12.50 class is a disappointment for the 8,000 (or so) people who paid $20 to get in.

AZSonicSnake
11-18-07, 12:34 PM
and i would agree! granted 12 seconds is still moving, its just not that exciting when you have a field full of 9-10 second cars. i wonder what thier thought process was...

TRUUBLE
11-18-07, 12:44 PM
and i would agree! granted 12 seconds is still moving, its just not that exciting when you have a field full of 9-10 second cars. i wonder what thier thought process was...

I don't know . . . but it'll be a boring show.

TorchedMach1
11-18-07, 01:26 PM
We where definately suprised. I prolly woulda made it just running the motor. Instead I ran it on the bottle, and broke the rear-end. I even thought my mid-elevens where gonna be too slow, there where so many fast cars there.

fazm
11-18-07, 01:41 PM
u blew the rear end? damn that sucks

TRUUBLE
11-18-07, 02:35 PM
We where definately suprised. I prolly woulda made it just running the motor. Instead I ran it on the bottle, and broke the rear-end. I even thought my mid-elevens where gonna be too slow, there where so many fast cars there.

I would have hooked my 24 foot enclosed trailer to the car if I knew they were going to pick 12.50. :woot2:

TorchedMach1
11-18-07, 04:32 PM
I would have hooked my 24 foot enclosed trailer to the car if I knew they were going to pick 12.50. :woot2:

:z7shysterical:

u blew the rear end? damn that sucks

Yeah something went BOOM. Not sure exactly what. We are thinking Diff, or Gears. I guess thats what happens when you leave at 6800 RPM on the bottle with slicks. :biglaugh: I just can't beleive my rear-end went before the tranny. My 3650 was definately not built on a Monday or Friday.

The car was trailered to the shop yesterday so the PSR guys should have it up and running with a fresh T-56 in no time. Also big thanks to everybody there who helped me out. :twothumbsup:

Craig
11-18-07, 04:35 PM
I got a couple of calls from Rambo yesterday from the track. He said they went with the 12.5 time because so many guys were sandbagging into the 10 second range. They offered up $500 for some of the fastest times and all of the sudden your 10 second cars were going 8's. Don't know this as fact, just what someone who was there thought. On a good & bad note, Rambo went 11.17, at 124. He drove the car to Tucson, but thinks he might have damaged the motor some on the next pass. Peddled it a couple of times when it rattled, went 11.40 at only 110.

TRUUBLE
11-18-07, 04:52 PM
I got a couple of calls from Rambo yesterday from the track. He said they went with the 12.5 time because so many guys were sandbagging into the 10 second range. They offered up $500 for some of the fastest times and all of the sudden your 10 second cars were going 8's. Don't know this as fact, just what someone who was there thought. On a good & bad note, Rambo went 11.17, at 124. He drove the car to Tucson, but thinks he might have damaged the motor some on the next pass. Peddled it a couple of times when it rattled, went 11.40 at only 110.

Yeah . . there was some sandbagging early on, so they re-ran the first 150 or so cars and most went quicker. But, even then, there was a very strong low tens contingent.

AZSonicSnake
11-18-07, 05:34 PM
that makes sense. i can believe that happening. still sucks though. a small group has to ruin it for alot of people.

TRUUBLE
11-18-07, 06:48 PM
FWIW, I ran all out every run . . . just like I always do.

AZSonicSnake
11-18-07, 10:45 PM
oh i have no doubt about that, as i know all the cars from PSR were putting it all on the line. that why i said the few sandbagging like that ruins it for alot of others.

4Jenna
11-18-07, 11:38 PM
Bummer, sorry to hear

Dan
11-19-07, 10:23 AM
yea it was a waist of a new set of tires and a weekend but hey it was fun

03cobrazzz
11-21-07, 01:47 PM
yea it was a waist of a new set of tires and a weekend but hey it was funHe ill try again in March San Antonio Texas.what can i say 10.80 without cage ALL OUT.

5.0Stanger
11-23-07, 10:40 PM
Those Pinks guys always try to look for a class that no one will think to run in. When they had it out at Speedworld, I wasn't surprised that they took forever to film it and didn't keep their promises to let the 'time only' cars to run in between filmings. It never happened. Everyone in the stands was crying about the downtime.

If I had known they were going to run 12.5s, I'd have taken the L down there and made some runs.

bleedingfordblu
12-06-07, 12:59 PM

was that with the built 31 spline rear?

TorchedMach1
12-06-07, 04:53 PM
was that with the built 31 spline rear?

Yes it was with the 31 spline rear end. The rear end was built pretty loose from the beginning, which is why I broke. PSR just rebuilt it so no more worries there. They did not build it the first time.