PDA

View Full Version : Emissions on an 89

ASUSMC
12-05-07, 02:02 PM
Can I run a carb on an 89 and still have it be street legal in Phoenix or would registering it outside of Maricopa county be easier? So are they just gonna hook it up to the sniffer or is there more involved in it.

Carb is easier and cheaper.

Jacostang
12-07-07, 09:33 AM
It's tough on the older cars. until I registered both my Foxes in Pa. I had to run them on the barrell and they run them hard then idle and the gas cap test. Its crap for sure!

QuarterHorse
12-20-07, 09:17 PM
Find an insurance company that will insure it as a classic. No emissions when u do that. I just recieved my new declarations from my insurance company and it shows it as a classic. Once they put it in the system...no more emissions. Metlife is my carrier.

Stern90LX
12-29-07, 01:34 AM
One of the bonus's of living outside Maricopa county. No emissions testing requirements(not that mine would pass anyway, it has no emissions control pieces left on it) to get it registered.

gjmack3
12-29-07, 06:35 AM
Good luck on trying to get it emissioned in Maricopa. When I took my 90 through, they did a thorough visual inspection after the sniffer test. That included the smog pump and all of the associated plumbing. If you kept all of that, you should be okay. As long as th car can pass the sniffer.