PDA

View Full Version : rear end strenght

bleedingfordblu
12-06-07, 01:08 PM
how strong is the stock rear end on the machs. will it wold up with 4.10 gears, sticky tires and launching it?

ASUSMC
12-06-07, 02:20 PM
How sticky of tires? Any suspension? What RPM are you leaving at?

fourvalvegt
12-06-07, 02:50 PM
there is only one way to find out, sometimes they last most of the time they dont just ask torched mach

ASUSMC
12-06-07, 03:04 PM
In all honesty your rear end may be one of the last things to break or one of the first. I killed bushings in my stock control arms then upgraded and they were fine til I got rid of the car. I know Tony has killed several bushings from launching as well. Several other people have broken the axles or the diff first.

Need the information above to help more.

TorchedMach1
12-06-07, 04:48 PM
just ask torched mach

The rear end I broke wasnt stock. I had already done the full 31 spline rebuild. PSR did just rebuild it for me. Also they where not the ones to build it the first time, so now I know it's done right.

We do need a little more info before we can give you a better answer.

I can say our stock input shafts are pretty strong. :biglaugh:

Ruckus46gt
12-06-07, 06:13 PM
stock rear will hold up with some 31 spline axles, stock rear with just 4.10s and a drag radial i wouldnt leave harder then 3,500. Put some moser 31s and a truetrac in it and launch as hard as you want. Input shafts my friends had bad luck, he went through 3 input shafts before going to a tko 600. He was just a bolt on car on a drag radial. Last time he broke it was shifting into 3rd gear. I have no idea how he broke it so many times

bleedingfordblu
12-06-07, 07:44 PM
i probably wont take it to the track too many times before i rebuild it. im planning on getting KDW2's with my 4.10's and i probably wont launch it too hard. mostly on the stop light drags :Bucktooth:

AZSonicSnake
12-06-07, 10:54 PM
count on needing to upgrade your control arm bushings! the torque will kill em. and nothing is worse that losing one of those bushings. makes your car a blast to drive! lol...

btw- asusmc has it nailed, i have been through quite a few poly rear end bushings...ugh. but the launching is FUN!!!

bleedingfordblu
12-07-07, 02:29 PM
ill probably do that then, im also planning on just getting better lower control arms too so i might just do that at the same time

ITLRUN
05-23-08, 07:47 PM
I've seen a friend of mine, who has three of them. And the Blue one has 4.30's, 04 Mach slide his foot off at the rev limiter, and took it. It's just that the blue one, had engine problems. He launched two, in a year and a half. You might say he's a little hard on them to begin with, but the rear ends held up with no axle problems, Mike D.