PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Gt...no high beams

QuarterHorse
12-14-07, 07:41 PM
Maybe someone out there can shed a little on this problem. I have low beams and the pass to flash will bring the high beams on...but when switched to high beam they dont come on. I figured it was the switch so I ordered a new one...same problem. Has anyone run into this before? I would appreciate any help. Thanks guys.

Jacostang
12-15-07, 08:31 PM
The relay switch that turns off the driving lights when you put your hi beams on... it overloads when you have both driving and headlights on for any peroid of time ( There is a retro fit that lets you run you hi beams and driving lights)... probably went bad..

QuarterHorse
12-16-07, 11:13 AM
The thing with this problem is that I have no fog lights on the car (thats the way I bought it). I replaced the headlight/fog light switch and the multi function switch. The real weird thing about this is I get the same problem with both switches. When ohming the switch, I get no reading from what is the high beam terminal and the power terminal. Now when you pull the switch back for the pass to flash...the high beams work. Doesn't make a bit of sense but I can't believe that a new and an old switch would have the same identical problem. Any ideas now?...i'm stumped..lol

SONIC03SNAKE
12-16-07, 05:22 PM
The thing with this problem is that I have no fog lights on the car (thats the way I bought it). I replaced the headlight/fog light switch and the multi function switch. The real weird thing about this is I get the same problem with both switches. When ohming the switch, I get no reading from what is the high beam terminal and the power terminal. Now when you pull the switch back for the pass to flash...the high beams work. Doesn't make a bit of sense but I can't believe that a new and an old switch would have the same identical problem. Any ideas now?...i'm stumped..lol
Pull the switch out and check all the wiring that plugs into it, fox cars are notorious for melting the harness going into the switch.

Viper_ed
12-17-07, 08:08 AM
A bad turn signal switch will cause the hibeams to quit working. Be sure to check the connector on that switch.

QuarterHorse
12-17-07, 09:29 PM
Damn Viper...I almost didn't read your message...got distracted...damn nice avatar....anyways, with the help of Gary who goes by Fastback Fox we got the problem figured out. The connector was melted but the real problem was some idiot who thought he was a mechanic had 2 wires switched around. After figuring this out...I have high beams. So thanks again to Gary and to all the suggestions on this problem. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

QuarterHorse
12-17-07, 09:30 PM
By the way...how do I change my avatar???

BurnTire
12-18-07, 03:53 PM
By the way...how do I change my avatar???

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar