PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems

resurrectedgt
12-19-07, 08:13 PM
my airbag light is on, my odometer cuts out while i'm driving, and my alarm doesnt work. how would i go about fixing these?

Graham
01-30-08, 11:46 PM
my airbag light is on, my odometer cuts out while i'm driving, and my alarm doesnt work. how would i go about fixing these?

What year is the car?

resurrectedgt
01-31-08, 12:19 PM
99gt

wickedcobra
01-31-08, 12:25 PM
did you check the fuse panel for blown fuses?

fazm
01-31-08, 03:16 PM
definately sounds like one of those situations where unless you really know what you are doing, its better to take it to someone that does, and pay them

resurrectedgt
02-02-08, 08:07 AM
all of the fuses are good. i know i'm gonna have to take it to ford to fix the alarm situation, but is the odometer thing related to the PATS or anything of that nature.

Jacostang
02-05-08, 04:10 PM
First if you have not done this yeat is disconnect the battery and let it sit for 5 mins to let everything reset itself.

resurrectedgt
02-06-08, 10:09 PM
i've done that numerous times already for different things i've fixed. another thing is my radio cuts out like once a month or so and when it does the bass and treble settings reset.

i think i'm just gonna have to tear the dash apart and check for any loose or screwed up connections after i have ford fix the alarm(if that doesn't correct the problem). the car has been in like 8 accidents and it was totaled before i got it, so i still have alot of work to do to the poor car.

wickedcobra
02-06-08, 10:14 PM
I would go out on a limb and say something went wrong when it was totalled.....:icon_cool:

Jacostang
02-07-08, 02:46 PM
Ok, wow, the car has been through alot, it could be anything triggering these symtoms....