PDA

View Full Version : 01' GT performance Help

Gavin
12-22-07, 07:39 PM
Im currently the owner of a 2001 Mustang Gt. Ive got a cold air intake and steeda catback exhaust im just looking for anyones opinion on upgrading an auto so if uve got anything let me know... thanks.

Ruckus46gt
12-22-07, 07:55 PM
stall coverter and gears

Indy
12-22-07, 08:07 PM
Im currently the owner of a 2001 Mustang Gt. Ive got a cold air intake and steeda catback exhaust im just looking for anyones opinion on upgrading an auto so if uve got anything let me know... thanks.

Kinda depends on what you plan to do with you stang and your budget.

Do you plan to drag it, or go play in the corners?

Gavin
12-23-07, 10:50 AM
Lookin at draggin it.. not much cornerin.. budget aint got to much of a limit, time is more the problem, with bein in the military and only gettin payed every 2 weeks... but yeah keep the tips comin, thanks...

Ruckus46gt
12-23-07, 12:19 PM
where in ny you from?

Gavin
12-23-07, 12:25 PM
from long island... im stationed down in gulfport, MS. right now... it sucks cuz i aint got my car wit me yet, i just found a mustang club down here too... all people do down here, is race, drink, fight, and ****... i just want my car... u from ny??

Ruckus46gt
12-23-07, 12:27 PM
I'm from ny out on eastern long island. I'm stationed right now at Luke in phoenix, az. Was down at Keesler for a couple months.

Gavin
12-23-07, 12:47 PM
yeah keeslers right here bout 10 minutes... what u doin in the a.f.?? and what u got in ur camaro..

Ruckus46gt
12-23-07, 12:55 PM
my job is command post. My ss has lt's, true duals, lid, stock t/b ported, 3k stall, lca, and prokit. Had an 00 mustang gt before it that ran 12.4@108.88 with bolt ons, suspension, and vt stage 2 cams. Stock bottom end and unported heads. miss it but yet i dont like the comforts i can have with this car and still run the same times basically

Gavin
12-23-07, 01:09 PM
yeah... good shit... well iight man im headin out right now... if uve got anythin else jsut leave it here and ill check up on it later... take it easy..

Indy
12-23-07, 01:49 PM
stall coverter and gears

He hit the nail on the head since your wanting to drag your auto. After those mods your going to need to put some suspension in it to make the car hook again. Your only down fall is that with a drop top you'll need a cage to be NHRA legal after you start running below 13.99.

Gavin
12-25-07, 09:28 AM
just curious, what u think id be runnin as of right now on the 1/4 mile...??

Ruckus46gt
12-25-07, 01:22 PM
just curious, what u think id be runnin as of right now on the 1/4 mile...??
you just have an intake and catback correct? its hard to say casue of alt factors etc but my guess is you'd be knocking at the low 14.0 door on drag radials. My guess is 14.2@98 mph though. My 5 speed gt with midpipe catback and 4.10s on h&r ss springs(suck for traction), went 13.9 on street tires and 13.5 on a drag radial and that was the first 2 times to the track. Mph was right little over 101. The auto makes less power and should hook easier so

93mustank
12-25-07, 03:26 PM
you just have an intake and catback correct? its hard to say casue of alt factors etc but my guess is you'd be knocking at the low 14.0 door on drag radials. My guess is 14.2@98 mph though. My 5 speed gt with midpipe catback and 4.10s on h&r ss springs(suck for traction), went 13.9 on street tires and 13.5 on a drag radial and that was the first 2 times to the track. Mph was right little over 101. The auto makes less power and should hook easier so

Thats exactly what i would have said....

Ruckus46gt
12-25-07, 03:56 PM
with stall gears and a drag radial the car will go 13.6. Without the stall on a drag radial think 14.0 your not going to see to much of a diff in et from a drag radial to street tire on a stock stalled car

Gavin
12-26-07, 07:26 AM
iight thanks... ill look into the gears and see what else will do me any good...

Ruckus46gt
12-26-07, 01:28 PM
all depends on how much money you have to spend. A good drag radial will really help you out at the trac. also cant go wrong with a midpipe but but better off doing lts and midpipe at the same time. Lt's will pick up a nice chunk of power and really help out the tq curve a good amount. Besides a cam on my 5speedcar saw the best gains swappingout to lt's.

Gavin
12-28-07, 09:55 PM
ok whats It's and Lt's??

and also, i was looking on americanmuscle.com at gear kits, whats the deal on those? any point in doing anythin with those in an auto? and a speed limiter, whats the deal with that?

and one last ?? about tuners and racing chips...?? for example...http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-4-bank-computer-chip.html

BurnTire
12-28-07, 10:23 PM
LT's are Long tube headers. I wouldn't recommend those at this point.
A catted x xipe will give you some gains.

As far as chips are concerned you are better off getting a custom tune for you car. If you don't have the a data logging device and wide band air fuel gauge you are playing with fire with a plug in chip.

Check with our sponsors for your parts needs.
http://www.highperformancestangs.com/index.php?page=sponsors

Ruckus46gt
12-28-07, 11:32 PM
yup as Burntire said lt's are Long tube headers. On a cammed car you will see a very nice gain in a reg car you see between 12-15 rwhp and 15-18rwtq. Both friends picked up that on headers along(both had catless midpipes before going that way). Your better off doing it once the right way no need to buy a midpipe then later on have to toss it cause you want long tubes. I'd personally do long tubes before i did an intake or anything. Just open get a k&n filter and pull the silener out. I didnt see any noticable gains on the dyno from swaping to a cold ai intake

gip99gt
01-08-08, 05:19 PM
Good performance stall, gears and a good tune and you should be OK.