PDA

View Full Version : Ram Street Dual first impressions!

Jared@Lethal
12-24-07, 10:54 PM
Well I got my car back this evening after having a new motor and a few other things done as well as having a Ram Street Dual clutch with the 900 series discs put in.

Although I had to take it real easy as there is just a base tune and had to keep the car out of boost the whole way home I got my first taste of how the Ram dual disc setup drives. The kit I have has the upgraded 900 series discs which is said to be more aggressive than the standard 300 series discs. I'm coming from a Centerforce dual friction and also some recent experience with our new GT500.I was surprised to see that the Ram Dual drives smoother than the Dual Friction. No chatter, No nothing.. Just smooth!

I can tell you that the clutch feels amazing. Pedal effort is just as light as the dual friction was which is way easier than stock. The clutch also engages real smooth without any chatter. My mechanic was very impressed himself as he said he's done several other dual disc setups from other manufacturers but never felt a clutch like this especially for how much power this clutch is rated at. Seriously it was a pleasure driving home tonight and can't wait to get a few last things straightened out on the car so I can go get tuned.

For anyone thinking about going with a new clutch on their car and have been considering an aggressive single disc I definitely recommend you to try this clutch and you'll fall in love with it. That's how much I like it.

I'll post more info once I get everything else straight and get a few more miles on it.

Jared

BurnTire
12-27-07, 11:30 PM
Take it to the track and beat it!

AZSonicSnake
12-30-07, 11:17 AM
Take it to the track and beat it!

agreed! 6k+ launches are alotta fun! :woot1:

dkg
01-21-08, 06:35 PM
Open the car up and observe the RAMs performance let me know than how it performs.

Blownsvt
02-27-08, 08:19 PM
good to hear, i just got the 300 series in my car

BurnTire
02-27-08, 08:31 PM
I just went with the Zoom Twin disc. I will have track feedback soon.

chewbaccajones
02-27-08, 10:50 PM
I just went with the Zoom Twin disc. I will have track feedback soon.

Is the car put back together for street feedback?

BurnTire
02-27-08, 11:15 PM
Is the car put back together for street feedback?

I have 150 street miles on the clutch, but the car is getting a few more things done.
Planning to be race ready by next weekend.