PDA

View Full Version : nitrous and tech

Ruckus46gt
01-01-08, 09:28 PM
My kit should be here soon and i know already my blowdown tube is going to be to short. My question is if i use the metal tube and extend it wil a rubber heater hose and a clamp to get it the rest of the way out of the car is this ok for tech or am i going to have to get a braided steel line with an 8an fitting and a bulkhead fitting to vent it out of the car?
Also ordered this. Seems like a pretty cool device and is easy to install and will allow me to run my reg timing for non nitrous runs
Introducing the world's first Air to Fuel nitrous controller; The HSW Interface. With The Interface controller you can now easily fine tune your air to fuel mixture without the hassle of swapping fuel jets or worrying about the nozzle placement in relation to the MAF sensor on your dry nitrous system. In addition to full control of your A/F curve The Interface can also retard timing when your nitrous system is active, so you can now run full timing NA and make max horsepower & torque and then safely and easily pull timing when your nitrous system is activated. Unlike some other timing controllers The Interface will show the timing being pulled when using a scan tool, so no more worrying if the timing is actually being pulled. The Interface can be easily installed into a pre-existing nitrous system and includes a pre-made wire harness for a simplified installation.

Examples of Using The Interface:

Running a Dry Direct Port

Running a Dry Nozzle after the MAF Sensor (or before the MAF Sensor in a poor location)

Running a Dry Plate Kit

Adding fuel to a Wet Direct Port Kit (instead of wasting time changing fuel jets around)

Adding a little extra fuel to a Wet Nozzle Kit to cure any "Lean Spikes" upon kit activation

How Does The Interface Work?

The Interface makes Air to Fuel adjustments using your Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor. Simply program The Interface as to what size shot you are running (adjustable from 5 HP to 315 HP in 5 HP increments). Full control over the A/F curve is now possible, allowing fuel to be added or subtracted. Timing control is done with the vehicles IAT Sensor. The Interface has a built in Diagnostics Mode & Safety Features. If the Interface detects anything wrong with the MAF Sensor it will not allow the nitrous system to become operational and trigger a Service Engine Soon (SES) light until the issue is resolved.

Feature Set of The Interface:

Air to Fuel Control

Timing Retard

Top End Engine RPM A/F Correction (Addition & Subtraction)

12 Volt or Ground Trigger (for easy integration into a pre-existing N2O system)

Adjustable Delay feature to prevent an initial "Overly Rich" condition (Rich Spike)

Built in Safety Features & Diagnostic Mode

ThePunisher95
01-01-08, 09:34 PM
My bro just got his kit in the mail a couple of days ago. He has a 98 Firebird.....Looks complicated to tune...

Ruckus46gt
01-01-08, 10:11 PM
My bro just got his kit in the mail a couple of days ago. He has a 98 Firebird.....Looks complicated to tune...
which kit did he get? Nitrous isnt hard to tune at all. Its pull timing and straighten af ratio out. This interface i got it real easy to install its 3 wires and a new maf harness that connects to the interface

ThePunisher95
01-01-08, 11:22 PM
Ill get the exact brand and model he got, but that kit just came out I think he said. It also has the new MAF Plug with the interface, and I ment it looks hard to do the tuning in that little box.

doug@suttonhp
01-02-08, 09:09 AM
Depending on how the track tech team is more then likely they will want you to have a steel line all the way. If it ever has to use the blowdown tube there is more then likely to much pressure for a hose clamp to hold.

As for the tuning can you just make 2 tunes with your tuning software???
Doug

Ruckus46gt
01-02-08, 10:33 AM
Depending on how the track tech team is more then likely they will want you to have a steel line all the way. If it ever has to use the blowdown tube there is more then likely to much pressure for a hose clamp to hold.

As for the tuning can you just make 2 tunes with your tuning software???
Doug
nope cant do chips or anything with an ls1. would have to have hp tuners go in and change the values, upload the tune then go down the track. this interface is a lot easier

Dan
01-02-08, 09:24 PM
HP tuners baby

Ruckus46gt
01-02-08, 10:06 PM
on of these days i'll order it until then interface to pull timing and even out the af