PDA

View Full Version : I need a new flywheel... help

sinspawn7
01-09-08, 08:17 PM
the trannys out and the new t-56 is goin in next week, the flywheel needs to be replaced and ford wants 600 bucks for a stock flywheel... so what are my options for buying a after market one?

TorchedMach1
01-09-08, 08:33 PM
I have my stock flywheel I will give you for real cheap. Only draw back is it's steel, not aluminum. I'm pretty sure it should match up.

BurnTire
01-09-08, 08:54 PM
You can resurface the stock flywheel one time.

wickedcobra
01-09-08, 09:52 PM
my step dad works for ford, I can get you one for cost. Figure about half of retail. Your not putting in a upgraded clutch?

sinspawn7
01-10-08, 02:43 AM
the clutch thats in there now is pretty new i guess the guy b4 me replaced it already, but im thinkin im gonna upgrade since i got it out already i found this website http://rpmoutlet.com/03cobracog.htm .. i'm lookin at the stage 3 clutch and an aluminum flywheel.

sinspawn7
01-10-08, 02:59 AM
I have my stock flywheel I will give you for real cheap. Only draw back is it's steel, not aluminum. I'm pretty sure it should match up.

well im shootin for a brand new one but hey if something comes up i'll pm ya.

thanks

sinspawn7
01-10-08, 03:07 AM
You can resurface the stock flywheel one time.

will it last as long as a new flywheel?

wickedcobra
01-10-08, 07:47 AM
will it last as long as a new flywheel?

It should. If you are planning on modding the car that stock clutch wont last too long.

Ethan@S3M
01-10-08, 07:48 PM
I can get you a Zoom or Ram cheap.

Lucafu1
01-10-08, 09:45 PM
if you have a 26 spline input shaft i have a new clutch and flywheel for sale, ram powergrip hd and fidanza alum f/w.

BurnTire
01-10-08, 11:38 PM
if you have a 26 spline input shaft i have a new clutch and flywheel for sale, ram powergrip hd and fidanza alum f/w.

How did that setup workout? Ram recommends steel on the HD.
I had just about zero chatter on the Power Grip HD with steel.

Ruckus46gt
01-11-08, 12:58 AM
i loved my fidanza alum flywheel and you can pick them up from companies on ebay for a very good price , but as for boost and alum flywheel idk. n/a i loved mine always wondered how it would act with boost. Not sure if the car would just spin up to fast and kill the tires etc or what

Lucafu1
01-11-08, 08:33 AM
How did that setup workout? Ram recommends steel on the HD.
I had just about zero chatter on the Power Grip HD with steel.

it chattered alittle when it was hot in 1st or reverse. nothing major but it did do it. i think my 3.90s helped a bit. besides that i loved the clutch (thats why i have a brand new one that i bought) and it worked great, even when i dumped the clutch at 5500-6000 rpms on et streets.

BurnTire
01-11-08, 09:54 AM
it chattered alittle when it was hot in 1st or reverse. nothing major but it did do it. i think my 3.90s helped a bit. besides that i loved the clutch (thats why i have a brand new one that i bought) and it worked great, even when i dumped the clutch at 5500-6000 rpms on et streets.

Cool. I had about zero chatter with the steel flywheel, but killed the clutch quick.