PDA

View Full Version : Ram Clutches: Featured Manufacturer at Lethal Performance

Jared@Lethal
01-11-08, 09:38 PM
Starting off a new year we'll be posting information on featured manufacturers and their products.

I'd like to start off with Ram clutches as we've been doing a lot of business with them lately and lots of our customers running their kits have been giving us excellent feedback on how much they're enjoying the Ram setup.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-main/category-16_286_288_1663_2329/03-04-svt-cobra-transmission-clutches-clutch-kits-ram.html
http://www.ramclutches.com/Products/Product%20Images/stack_up_dual_web.jpg
http://www.lethalperformance.com/cached_images/90-2265_MED.jpg

First up is the Ram Powergrip Clutch. The Ram Powergrip is made of a mic of their 300 and 900 series material and is a great stock replacement clutch as well as for those that have bolt on modifications. The 03 cobra guys running smaller pulleys and intakes as well as the GT guys running full exhaust and forced induction will find this to be a great clutch as well. This clutch is great both on the street and track. It's a very smooth and easy clutch to drive with little pedal effort and smooth engagement.

The Powergrip HD solely uses the 900 series material and has a pressure plate with increased clamp load. This is an awesome clutch for the ported Eaton/Whipple/KB guys including those who use Nitrous. This clutch is rated into the mid 600rwhp range and still offers amazing driveability. Being that the material is a little more aggressive than the 300 series material it's been noted that the HD has some slight chatter when slipping the clutch from a stop but most customers we speak to don't notice anything or say the minor chatter leaves after the clutch has a some mileage on it.

Lastly, Ram has stepped up and made a clutch that's not only made for those making in the 600rwhp range but is aimed at higher hp setups and the all out 1200hp setups. The Ram Street Dual is the ultimate Ram clutch. I recently had one installed on my 03 cobra. I upgraded from a Centerforce Dual friction which I had very good success with but it was time to step it up as I put a new motor and larger blower on the car. The first thing I noticed when I drove my car was how light the pedal felt. My first engagement I expected it to chatter or grab very hard but I was amazed when it could be slipped without any hint of chatter. Keep in mind I'm also running the 900 series discs which are the more aggressive discs. Like I mentioned earlier don't think that you have to have 1000hp to run this clutch. That's not the case. It's a perfect fit for those guys making 600-700rwhp and are sick of chattering and aggressive single disc kits which make everyday driving a pain. No one likes chatter as it takes away the pleasure of driving so by stepping up to the Ram Street Dual you'll not only be able to grow into it powerwise but you're also going to enjoy driving again. Ram also prides themselves on the quality and performance of both their Steel and Aluminum flywheels which are individually balanced which means no vibration from an off balanced flywheel. They really like how well the Steel flywheel works with their HD kit. All Ram Street Dual kits come with a Ram Aluminum flywheel.

Lethal Performance is a proud Ram Distributor. We keep all Powergrip, Powergrip HD and Street Dual kits in stock. If there's anything we can help you with please give us a call. If you're thinking of purchasing a clutch in the near future I personally suggest you give Ram a shot. You won't be disappointed!