PDA

View Full Version : New and just wanted to introduce myself

Rev'n Kevin
01-14-08, 11:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I moved here a couple of years ago from Anchorage, Alaska. Last year I purchased a new Jeep Commander Hemi. With the high gas prices and a new car, I decided to sell my '02 lifted Chevy 2500HD, and I wasn't having much luck as no one wanted a gas hog at the time. I decided to drive out to Lake Havasu were I had bought the truck a year before. I was cruising the car lots, looking for something that I may be able to trade on. After many lots and no luck finding anything I liked, I was on my way back out of town when I spotted a old Lincoln, I had one when I was in my teens and thought I'd pull in and check it out. After looking it over just for fun, I figured it was time to head back to Phoenix, as I pulled out I glanced back over at the line of cars and saw a good looking Mustang sitting there. I pulled back in (the sales guys must of thought I was a nut) and checked it out.

The mustang turned out to be a 1995 Mustang GT Convertible with a 5.0HO, the car looked to be in really good shape, so I asked a salesman to get the key. I took it out and put it through her paces, everything seemed good. After getting a carfax on her, I found that it had been owned by one owner in Texas since new and had just recently been purchased by someone in Lake Havasu, who I guess changed their mind and traded it in. Long story short I bought it.

I took the saddle tweed cloth seats out of it and put in black leather seating out of a 2004, a saleen top, roll bar, euro tail lights, halo projector headlights, black mesh grills, drilled and slotted discs and a vertical door kit on it and added a few custom touches. The paint job is metal flake hunter green with pgp shadow flames on the hood and fenders. 17" Cobra rims and Z rated tires.

I have entered 4 car shows since Sept '07 and have won 3 trophies with her, two second places in my class and just this week the Ryan's Choice Trophy at the Tricked Ponies Car Show in Goodyear.

I am a member of the Mustang Club of America and Copperstate Mustang Club here in Arizona.

Hope to meet a lot of you at the many car shows and cruise-ins throughout the year.

Rev'n Kevin

AZSonicSnake
01-14-08, 11:41 PM
welcome aboard man!

BurnTire
01-14-08, 11:43 PM
:welcome4:

Post up some photos.

AZSonicSnake
01-14-08, 11:45 PM
i can help there! this is from last weekends show...

Rev'n Kevin
01-15-08, 12:05 AM
Thanks for posting the pic, I'll put some up in the near future, but I have the same trouble your pic has, I just can't seem to capture the shadow flames on the hood.

wickedcobra
01-15-08, 12:06 AM
Welcome..........

AZSonicSnake
01-15-08, 06:34 AM
Thanks for posting the pic, I'll put some up in the near future, but I have the same trouble your pic has, I just can't seem to capture the shadow flames on the hood.

yeah, that is some nice flame work for sure.... :twothumbsup:

ASUSMC
01-15-08, 07:05 AM
Welcome

TorchedMach1
01-15-08, 08:09 AM
Welcome!!!:hi:

crazy ray
01-15-08, 11:05 PM
:wlcme:Saw your car at the show. Very nice.

Greg@BergeFord
02-16-08, 10:13 AM
Wow nice paint!!! Welcome to HPS!!!! :pinkthumb:

4Jenna
02-16-08, 12:03 PM
95's rule! Haha

Welcome Kevin!

sinspawn7
02-16-08, 12:04 PM
welcome

01kB
02-16-08, 04:15 PM