PDA

View Full Version : 05+ GT's look in here

ThePunisher95
01-15-08, 08:04 PM
So what are all the 3v guys and gals doing at the track? List your trap speed and time with your mods

The Nunn's
01-15-08, 08:57 PM
13.70@101MPH C and L, custom tune, tokico d-spec, 20's with street tires
12.89@114MPH with a 2.20 60' 100shot
oh did i mention its a AUTO car

ThePunisher95
01-15-08, 09:09 PM
Not bad!!! Im gonna get rid of my Grand Prix and gonna buy an 05+ GT 5 speed though

Casey39er
01-15-08, 09:16 PM
12.1 @ 114 Mph

When I get some decent tires and driving skills I will be in the 11s.

ThePunisher95
01-15-08, 09:26 PM
This is giving me good hope.... I know ill do every bolt-on possible. Depending on how I do from there Ill cam it, Spray it or even both lol... Oh yeah and a t-56

fazm
01-15-08, 10:07 PM
my friends 07 has gone 13.01 with intake/tune/exhaust/gears/tires

he wont let me drive until he gets a 12.xxx timeslip, then i can rip it.

i drove it once with just intake/tune/tires in july, and went 13.1 it was my first time drivin an s197 gt.

ThePunisher95
01-15-08, 10:51 PM
my friends 07 has gone 13.01 with intake/tune/exhaust/gears/tires

he wont let me drive until he gets a 12.xxx timeslip, then i can rip it.

i drove it once with just intake/tune/tires in july, and went 13.1 it was my first time drivin an s197 gt.
Whats his trap?

fazm
01-16-08, 07:57 AM
best trap is 107 or 108 i believe.

ThePunisher95
01-16-08, 08:04 PM
best trap is 107 or 108 i believe.

Nice!!!! Thats bolt-on LS1 territory!!

fazm
01-16-08, 08:48 PM
ya, i just installed some long tubes on it last week, so im lookin forward to seeing what it can do now, maybe ill throw my slicks on it if he lets me drive it, and go for some 12.50s

ThePunisher95
01-16-08, 09:39 PM
So he trapped 107 on stock exhaust manifolds?Even better!! How hard was it to install them?

fazm
01-16-08, 10:33 PM
took about 2.5 hours. look and sound sweet

06GT
01-17-08, 11:47 AM
13.70 @ 103.6, at Firebird.

C&L Racer, Brenspeed 91 Octane Mail-order tune
FRPP Handling Pack
Nitto 285/40/18s out back
Shelby GT Mufflers

The Nunn's
01-17-08, 07:55 PM
ya, i just installed some long tubes on it last week, so im lookin forward to seeing what it can do now, maybe ill throw my slicks on it if he lets me drive it, and go for some 12.50s
bad choice of mod. u lose around 2-4 rwhp on LT's for the s197 platform
he prb would have gotten more power out of a set of udp's :woot1:

fazm
01-17-08, 08:20 PM
he prb would have gotten more power out of a set of udp's :woot1:

thats funny because the dyno showed different. and he already has udp's. he has quite a few mods now.

some s197 gts have seen 27rwhp with lt's and a tune and no other mods.

id love to see a dyno where someone lost 2-4rwhp with going long tubes.

ThePunisher95
01-17-08, 08:53 PM

In my eyes the only way I see that happening is without a tune and the computer freaks out!

The Nunn's
01-17-08, 09:19 PM
13.70 @ 103.6, at Firebird.

C&L Racer, Brenspeed 91 Octane Mail-order tune
FRPP Handling Pack
Nitto 285/40/18s out back
Shelby GT Mufflers

ouchie if i were you i would get rid of that brenspeed tune, that way u dont have to replace those expensive spark plugs....i put my car on the dyno and the A/F was a steady 14.9 across the board and had 36 degrees of timing which is a shit load, a few of our other customers had the same problem. i did a custom tune on the car and it picked up 2 tenths and driveabily was awsome...with those mods that car should go 13.4 to 13.5 and have at least 10-20 more HP. it should be in the 285-295 HP range given that it's a stick, not auto. These sticks tend to have about 10-20 more HP than an auto car.

Tortuga
01-17-08, 09:37 PM
thats funny because the dyno showed different. and he already has udp's. he has quite a few mods now.

some s197 gts have seen 27rwhp with lt's and a tune and no other mods.

id love to see a dyno where someone lost 2-4rwhp with going long tubes.

I'm sure he can get u one this weekend. the key word u said Tho is tune not lts. There have been numerous mustangs dynoed with poor results when adding long tubes....

The Nunn's
01-17-08, 09:47 PM
I'm sure he can get u one this weekend. the key word u said Tho is tune not lts. There have been numerous mustangs dynoed with poor results when adding long tubes....

We've had cars in the shop ranging from 250-800hp, which with tune or without a tune, there has been been absolutely no benefit from long tubes. I'll try to get a dyno graph of some examples for ur viewing pleasure this weekend.

BurnTire
01-17-08, 09:53 PM
We've had cars in the shop ranging from 250-800hp, which with tune or without a tune, there has been been absolutely no benefit from long tubes. I'll try to get a dyno graph of some examples for ur viewing pleasure this weekend.

I am an example of Long Tubeless Power. Stock Manifolds and Cats running good ET's.

Long tubes may help me a little, but the main benefit would be taking heat away from the valves.

fazm
01-17-08, 09:57 PM
numerous? ill just wait for the dyno sheets, before and after only.

fazm
01-19-08, 12:32 AM
he just dropped his time tonight by .22 with the only change being the long tubes. slower 60' too, which means there is more in it.

12.79 @ 105/106

desslok40
01-19-08, 07:56 AM
I agree when N/A , long tubes are not that practical, I should have waited for mine, I picked up 8 RWHP and 9 RWTQ, actual dyno #s, with X-pipe and LT header install, but it all cost me like 1300 !!! I think the benefit will be when i get a blower, I got the 1 3/4" primaries , better for FI, if I was going to no do a power adder I would have got the 1 5/8".

All I know is my exhaust sounds perfect with this set-up and everyone tells me I have the best exhaust sound , doesn't help you down the track faster but its still nice !!! LMAO

fazm
01-19-08, 08:00 AM
I agree when N/A , long tubes are not that practical, I should have waited for mine, I picked up 8 RWHP and 9 RWTQ, actual dyno #s, with X-pipe and LT header install, but it all cost me like 1300 !!! I think the benefit will be when i get a blower, I got the 1 3/4" primaries , better for FI, if I was going to no do a power adder I would have got the 1 5/8".

All I know is my exhaust sounds perfect with this set-up and everyone tells me I have the best exhaust sound , doesn't help you down the track faster but its still nice !!! LMAO

sure helped my friends car a lot. and hes still running cats. we are thinkin the next time we go out we will not run cats, and then try to get a 1.700 or lower 60' and attempt a 12.5x

acstone7
01-19-08, 12:56 PM
I definitely do contribute a couple tenths to those headers, but i chose to stick with 1 5/8 primaries, because I saw no benefit having the 1 3/4 FI or NA. I did switch from a bama to brenspeed tune and that could be the factor. I think with the right mods, LTs are great for these cars and cant wait to get a custom tune for myself

Fazm thinks hes gonna be driving but we'll see about that haha

fazm
01-19-08, 01:18 PM
member for 2 months and u finally make ur first post lol

acstone7
01-19-08, 01:49 PM
haha i know it, i'll start dropping by here more often.

The Nunn's
01-19-08, 09:42 PM
I definitely do contribute a couple tenths to those headers, but i chose to stick with 1 5/8 primaries, because I saw no benefit having the 1 3/4 FI or NA. I did switch from a bama to brenspeed tune and that could be the factor. I think with the right mods, LTs are great for these cars and cant wait to get a custom tune for myself

Fazm thinks hes gonna be driving but we'll see about that haha

So did u use fazm's slicks since u say that u achieved a 12.79 on only lts???

Wow, so u contribute the increase in HP to the LTs, not the change of tunes? So it has nothing to do with the tune? Then y in the world would u change tuners if ur not gonna see a HP change, seeing as its not a cheap task. Wait, did u even do a change in tunes, cuz david states in some posts that the only change to ur car was the LTs, yet in others, he states that there was a tune done at the same time. Doesn't that kinda make his point that LTs make a difference seem kinda invalid since he can't keep his story straight. Or am I wrong on that?? Also, most, if not all LTs require an additional installation of midpipes. Was this not included as part of ur new setup??? Unless of course u altered the stock midpipes.... U don't even have a clear idea of what u think the increase in HP comes from. U state that it has to do with the LTs but then state that it might also have to do with the new tune.

God I love nutswingers...

Btw what modifications do u have on that car to get an et of 12.79??? We know it has udps, LTs, and a tune....

So how much HP is ur 12.79 beast running? with LTs & tune {with the increase u previously mentioned} and udps, u should see about 285-290. I would really love to see the time slips...

fazm
01-19-08, 09:49 PM

Wow, so u contribute the increase in HP to the LTs, not the change of tunes? So it has nothing to do with the tune? Then y in the world would u change tuners if ur not gonna see a HP change, seeing as its not a cheap task. Wait, did u even do a change in tunes, cuz david states in some posts that the only change to ur car was the LTs, yet in others, he states that there was a tune done at the same time. Doesn't that kinda make his point that LTs make a difference seem kinda invalid since he can't keep his story straight. Or am I wrong on that?? Also, most, if not all LTs require an additional installation of midpipes. Was this not included as part of ur new setup??? Unless of course u altered the stock midpipes.... U don't even have a clear idea of what u think the increase in HP comes from. U state that it has to do with the LTs but then state that it might also have to do with the new tune.

Btw what modifications do u have on that car to get an et of 12.79??? We know it has udps, LTs, and a tune....

So how much HP is ur 12.79 beast running? with LTs & tune {with the increase u previously mentioned} and udps, u should see about 285-290. I would really love to see the time slips...

first off, looks like he said "could" to me.

second off, its not my car, so you need to chill out. i had no idea he switched tunes. they are just mail order tunes anyway, nothing dyno tuned. so youd be lucky to change a couple hp from one to the other. not even sure if the tune was designed for the LT's or not, ill ask him

yes it came with a midpipe, and it has cats, his old setup did not have cats, had an offroad pipe.

mods:
upd's
delete plates
intake
long tubes
catted H
axle backs
che fixed upper control arm
bmr adjustable lower control arms
brenspeed tune
4.10s
spydershaft

and yes he used my slicks (not real slicks anyway, mickey et streets)
ran at 22psi in the tires, NOWHERE near taking advantage of the tires, you could probably 60' the same on street tires.

his 60' was 1.81 or so on that run.

EDIT: just checked, its not a custom tune for the lt's or anything, just a mail order from brenspeed

acstone7
01-19-08, 11:04 PM
First off, 12.8X 100 shot no2 lmao

I did change from bamachips to brenspeed but had ventured to the track before the LT install. Ran a best of 13.059.

Fazm speaks nothing but the truth. Gaineed .22 or greater.

Tortuga
01-20-08, 12:55 AM
First off, 12.8X 100 shot no2 lmao

I did change from bamachips to brenspeed but had ventured to the track before the LT install. Ran a best of 13.059.

Fazm speaks nothing but the truth. Gaineed .22 or greater.

see, now u've gone and pissed off the wife. one run, on 20s, 2.35 60', pedling down the track and didn't hit the bottle until about 200' or more. found out afterwards that the system wasn't even working right. so stfu b4 u make assumptions about my car and keep my car out of the conversation. BTW On 100 shot it made almost 400 RWHP. Not only that, but my car's an auto, which equals 331 gears....

i believe the only thing he actually said to slander ur car was that it was slow {IMO, high 12s is slow} and asking questions to clarify how ur running high 12s when u don't really ever mention ur mods. the best mod u can do for these cars is gears and most ppl get the greatest gain out of them. that's why u saw low 13s. lots of ppl have hit low 13s to high 12s off of gears, intake, and tune alone. i could basically tell u what a lot of other ppl have seen in regards to track ETs after your mods. Tune and intake will get u 13.6-13.8 {more conservative tune}, gears is low 13s, high 12s, UDP really don't see anything, spydershaft prob vibrates at about 70-80mph {guessing, LMAO}, delete plates lose bottom end but gains like 5-8 HP on top, etc. besides that, he was only bringing to light that the shop he works for has dynoed s197s that make little to no gain off of LTs. Take it as u want. U want proof, go down to his shop and ask to speak to Devin. He can always show u dyno graphs. other than that, ur just arguing a stupid a$$ point that will lead to nowhere except flaming and possible warning/ban. Besides that, it's slightly annoying when my car is spoken about when the thread has nothing to do with me.

everybody has their own opinion, his comes from a reputable shop which has worked on several S197s, urs comes from two {i'm assuming} S197s, one of which is a V6 and is quite a bit different. Ppl can take both opinions into consideration and choose from there what they would like to believe or do more research on the subject by calling other reputable shops in and out of the area.

oh btw, with that brenspeed {aka blowupspeed} tune, i would suggest u listen really well for the detonation that's gonna be happening to ur car and save some extra money for new spark plugs {right under 20 bux a plug for stock ones}. They can tune, but not for AZ weather. You should hear it right around April or May. :woot1:Been there, done that. Have fun with it.

okays, i think i'll go back to my chore of eating my cookies. :pinkthumb:
thanks a ton,
Morgan

fazm
01-20-08, 01:30 AM
this thread is going nowhere fast.

like he said, he went to the track with the tune before the lt's and went 13.059, then with nothing else but lt's it went 12.79

the reason he brought up your car, is because its in his signature as well for obvious reasons.

side note:
i love how everyone has a nick name for some other companies tune to slander it (aka blowupspeed). every tuner has had a car with their tune on it, blow up. Period.

p.s id love to see a dyno of a s197 gt with an intake and a 100shot making almost 400rwhp through an auto. i can see 365-380 with an agressive tune for sure.

also, ive worked on a shitload more than 2 s197s, ive put lt's on 3 gt's. turbokits on 3 v6s. countless suspension and exhaust as well. probably more than most other "general" mechanic shop out there

The Nunn's
01-20-08, 03:28 AM
hey what do i know, i work at jiffy lube LMFAO. however, here at jiffy lube we have picked up a new trade working on S197's. It's quite a small deal right now, but to list the very few s197's that we have worked on:
Craig
Casey39er
DieHard
ronb0410
nanozd
that guy with the 427 roush,

thats just to name a few from this site alone. i have seen first hand what brenspeed tunes do to some az cars. my wifes car for example 14.8 A/F 35 degrees of timing on 91 and brenspeed said that was acceptable. another one of our customers with a 06, a tune for 125 from brenspeed, and 1 bottle, later no plugs. i guess they thought 31 degrees was also acceptable.... :laughing:

...also, ill get you that dyno graph of the 100 shot and the LT's later this week.

acstone7
01-20-08, 11:06 AM
Darn I really didnt want to start a pissing match...

And i truly thought that your car was not on the giggle gas when you ran teh 12.8X, so I wasnt bashing there. Just didnt believe you were spraying with that ET.

I dont know where your getting at 2nd, but Fazm is an awesome guy, he posted what he saw. And gets harped for it????

These are all facts, sure some cars are different, mine responded well to the LTs.

I cant even believe your responding about my "blowup" tune and noisey driveshaft, and your hitting up the track with nitrous on 20s.
:uhh:

Tortuga
01-20-08, 11:19 AM
Darn I really didnt want to start a pissing match...

And i truly thought that your car was not on the giggle gas when you ran teh 12.8X, so I wasnt bashing there. Just didnt believe you were spraying with that ET.

I dont know where your getting at 2nd, but Fazm is an awesome guy, he posted what he saw. And gets harped for it????

These are all facts, sure some cars are different, mine responded well to the LTs.

I cant even believe your responding about my "blowup" tune and noisey driveshaft, and your hitting up the track with nitrous on 20s.
:uhh:
U should really quit getting 2nd and me confused seeing as were not the same person. My car is my car (nothing of what i say is dictated by2nd) and my car is not a strip car, its a toy, so I see no need whatsoever on changing out my 20s cuz I'm running nitrous. Its also not my fastest car. I only responded about the brenspeed tune (again me not 2nd) becuz as I said, been there done that and I've known of A couple ppl that have experienced similar results with that tune. I wasn't making fun of ur car, I was telling u guys to quit with the pissin contest. As I already stated each of u have ur different opinion, get over it.

Or am I just invisible on this, seeing as how I've got a race car and the stang, both of which I had b4 I met 2nd. :/

Tortuga
01-20-08, 11:25 AM
Oh and ernie only said the jiffy lube thing cuz it sounded like David was saying ernie worked at a general mechanics shop. :) it wasn't meant as anything towards David. So let's quit fighting kays? David if u really want the dyno results for my car, I'll pm them to u on Monday or Tuesday. Jeff, maybe u should lock this thread so it can be done and hps doesn't look like azsr. :)

Martimus
01-20-08, 11:38 AM
:deadthread:

Me thinks its time to end the pissing before 2ND2NUNN blows a gasket...

Dave is one helluva mechanic and I, for what little its worth, trust his judgement and skillz.

fazm
01-20-08, 01:53 PM
Oh and ernie only said the jiffy lube thing cuz it sounded like David was saying ernie worked at a general mechanics shop. :) it wasn't meant as anything towards David. So let's quit fighting kays? David if u really want the dyno results for my car, I'll pm them to u on Monday or Tuesday. Jeff, maybe u should lock this thread so it can be done and hps doesn't look like azsr. :)

i was sayin i was a general mechanic, hes the one that threw jiffy lube, which isnt even where i work. in there. if he took it as i was callin him a general mechanic, maybe he should go back and reread.

i never once attacked his skills or his knowledge, and thats exactly what he is doing. i simply am stating the facts, he is going and bashing.

If the thread doesnt get back on track, i will lock it, or clean it up.

acstone7
01-20-08, 02:25 PM
You got me tortuga! your guys' avatars a ridiculously similar.

I just got kinda upset cuz you guys didnt believe fazm.

heres the slip
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/acstone7/IMG_3443.jpg

Tortuga
01-20-08, 02:28 PM
i was sayin i was a general mechanic, hes the one that threw jiffy lube, which isnt even where i work. in there. if he took it as i was callin him a general mechanic, maybe he should go back and reread.

i never once attacked his skills or his knowledge, and thats exactly what he is doing. i simply am stating the facts, he is going and bashing.

If the thread doesnt get back on track, i will lock it, or clean it up.

do us a favor and clean it up. There's no need to have this continue to be visable. Btw the jiffy lube thing was towards himself and how he interpreted ur post.

Tortuga
01-20-08, 02:41 PM

heres the slip

that could be becuz we r husband and wife. Go figure we would have some similar attributes. Lol. Its not that we don't beleive him cuz of who he is, its more that we've seen different results. We haven't asked for dyno graphs yet like he automatically did.

acstone7
01-20-08, 02:56 PM
Lol :woot1: Ok wasnt expecting that...

I have also seen one dyno before and after LTs that only gained 7rwhp and may have lost or gained 2 or so rwtq,not sure. This was the worst I had seen. On the other hand, i have seen gains of 27rwhp.

fazm
01-20-08, 03:23 PM
the 27rwhp dyno was without cats though. you have cats :)

Tortuga
01-20-08, 03:28 PM

I have also seen one dyno before and after LTs that only gained 7rwhp and may have lost or gained 2 or so rwtq,not sure. This was the worst I had seen. On the other hand, i have seen gains of 27rwhp.
Huhs?

Tortuga
01-20-08, 03:28 PM

Huhs? Not expecting whats??

acstone7
01-20-08, 03:38 PM
Huhs? Not expecting whats??

That you two are husband and wife.

And yes i do have cats, hopefully i'll sort that out with some cut outs at the track.

06GT
01-20-08, 04:54 PM
ouchie if i were you i would get rid of that brenspeed tune, that way u dont have to replace those expensive spark plugs....i put my car on the dyno and the A/F was a steady 14.9 across the board and had 36 degrees of timing which is a shit load, a few of our other customers had the same problem. i did a custom tune on the car and it picked up 2 tenths and driveabily was awsome...with those mods that car should go 13.4 to 13.5 and have at least 10-20 more HP. it should be in the 285-295 HP range given that it's a stick, not auto. These sticks tend to have about 10-20 more HP than an auto car.
Already got a dyno-tune scheduled at PSR this Tuesday afternoon :woot2:

And yes, it is a stick.

ThePunisher95
01-20-08, 05:36 PM
I vote 2nd2nunn put a pic of his evo on his avatar......

Anyways.....I thought the 05+ GT Mustangs were made to compare to the mach1 in times, and the mach1's compare to the LS1 Camaro's and T/A????

fazm
01-20-08, 05:57 PM
with equal drivers a stock mach1 is quicker than a stock s197 gt.

and with equal drivers, a camaro is quicker than a mach1.

its all pretty close, but slight edge to the mach over the gt

Ruckus46gt
01-20-08, 05:58 PM

heres the slip
did you miss a shift or something car should be picking up more on the top end. You should be picking up 20 mph from the 1/8th to 1/4. If you shifted good check your fuel filter, a/f up top etc

ThePunisher95
01-20-08, 06:06 PM
with equal drivers a stock mach1 is quicker than a stock s197 gt.

and with equal drivers, a camaro is quicker than a mach1.

its all pretty close, but slight edge to the mach over the gt

What about the same cars with bolt-ons + tune?

acstone7
01-20-08, 06:09 PM
did you miss a shift or something car should be picking up more on the top end. You should be picking up 20 mph from the 1/8th to 1/4. If you shifted good check your fuel filter, a/f up top etc

No missed shifts, i need to get a custom tune, before i do that I will replace the fuel filter, and plugs.

fazm
01-20-08, 06:12 PM
the car was hot lapped on that run, thats why the mph was down. on the run before he went 12.8x @ 101 missing 4th, so i told him to just go right back up since they were closing the staging lanes

Tortuga
01-20-08, 06:12 PM
I vote 2nd2nunn put a pic of his evo on his avatar......

Anyways.....I thought the 05+ GT Mustangs were made to compare to the mach1 in times, and the mach1's compare to the LS1 Camaro's and T/A????

stock ls1 is 305-315 rwhp... (my auto formula was getting 13.8 stock no traction... And 13.1 with full exuast. 2.2 60')no tune, no other mods. Ls based vehicles respond a bit better to mods. I'm running shot 350 rwhp off of LTs, off road midpipes and flowmaster catbacks.
stock mach1 is 315-325 bhp....
the mach was an attempt to rival the ls1....
s197 is 300 bhp as well

Ruckus46gt
01-20-08, 06:51 PM
What about the same cars with bolt-ons + tune?
here is my 99 ss, car has ls1 heads and intake so if you get an 02 you will see a little bit better of numbers. I'm going through an auto mods are a 3k stall, lt's, true duals, lid, stock t/b with a little hand port job, and lca. Car is fullweight minus the spare
http://timeslips.svtsnake.com/slips/12.580-Ruckus99SS.jpg
i'm the right lane and as you can see similar 60's to the above sn95 slip it will give you a pretty decent comparison very similar mods. mph is 108.903 didnt come out good on the picture
edit oh yea car is on 17x9 wheels with nitto 275/40/17 drag radials. M6 could be faster or slower depending on driver. My friens bone stock 02 ss went 12.7@111 with just et street dr's

BurnTire
01-20-08, 10:35 PM
Wow what a pissing match. I just have one question why do people log in under other peoples profiles and posts, chat as someone else???????????

:flamegun::flame:

The Nunn's
01-20-08, 11:04 PM
Wow what a pissing match. I just have one question why do people log in under other peoples profiles and posts, chat as someone else???????????

:flamegun::flame:
what r u talking about burnttire, me and the wife stay under our names but on the rare occasion when we post under the other name we sign our name at the bottom in big letters.

BurnTire
01-20-08, 11:06 PM
what r u talking about burnttire, me and the wife stay under our names but on the rare occasion when we post under the other name we sign our name at the bottom in big letters.

Wow someones grammar and punctuation is really falling off :biglaugh:

BurnTire
01-20-08, 11:08 PM
See any similarities in writing style??????????????? :hyper:

see, now u've gone and pissed off the wife. one run, on 20s, 2.35 60', pedling down the track and didn't hit the bottle until about 200' or more. found out afterwards that the system wasn't even working right. so stfu b4 u make assumptions about my car and keep my car out of the conversation. BTW On 100 shot it made almost 400 RWHP. Not only that, but my car's an auto, which equals 331 gears....

i believe the only thing he actually said to slander ur car was that it was slow {IMO, high 12s is slow} and asking questions to clarify how ur running high 12s when u don't really ever mention ur mods. the best mod u can do for these cars is gears and most ppl get the greatest gain out of them. that's why u saw low 13s. lots of ppl have hit low 13s to high 12s off of gears, intake, and tune alone. i could basically tell u what a lot of other ppl have seen in regards to track ETs after your mods. Tune and intake will get u 13.6-13.8 {more conservative tune}, gears is low 13s, high 12s, UDP really don't see anything, spydershaft prob vibrates at about 70-80mph {guessing, LMAO}, delete plates lose bottom end but gains like 5-8 HP on top, etc. besides that, he was only bringing to light that the shop he works for has dynoed s197s that make little to no gain off of LTs. Take it as u want. U want proof, go down to his shop and ask to speak to Devin. He can always show u dyno graphs. other than that, ur just arguing a stupid a$$ point that will lead to nowhere except flaming and possible warning/ban. Besides that, it's slightly annoying when my car is spoken about when the thread has nothing to do with me.

everybody has their own opinion, his comes from a reputable shop which has worked on several S197s, urs comes from two {i'm assuming} S197s, one of which is a V6 and is quite a bit different. Ppl can take both opinions into consideration and choose from there what they would like to believe or do more research on the subject by calling other reputable shops in and out of the area.

oh btw, with that brenspeed {aka blowupspeed} tune, i would suggest u listen really well for the detonation that's gonna be happening to ur car and save some extra money for new spark plugs {right under 20 bux a plug for stock ones}. They can tune, but not for AZ weather. You should hear it right around April or May. :woot1:Been there, done that. Have fun with it.

okays, i think i'll go back to my chore of eating my cookies. :pinkthumb:
thanks a ton,
Morgan

Tortuga
01-20-08, 11:12 PM
if we were gonna use the different names to post things, i don't think we would be logging in and out like we do to access the different accounts. lmao. tho we do tend to sit over each other and read or comment. or just hook the comp to the plasma so we can both explore online or play games. depends on what we're doing. i assume ur talking about us, since we both live together and have the same IP address (or about 4, since that's how many computers plus the Iphone are in the house). the only time i do not log in under my own name is if i'm speaking with eades in chat. and i tell him to start off that i'm under my husband's name. if u notice we do have similar 'voices' and opinions, but that tends to happen when 1} the two ppl have similar personalities and 2} each of our texts to the other every month are over 4k and we still talk in HPS chat to each other and email each other while on lunch, etc since we can't be together... LMAO.

but again, i assume ur speaking of us.:laughing1:
ernie says have a wonderful night cupcakes.

:P

BurnTire
01-20-08, 11:14 PM
Oh I get it your typing in text. Tell Ernie I will have the wife bake some nice pink cupcakes for him.

fazm
01-20-08, 11:14 PM

too much to read and check, why dont u highlight it for us stupid folk lol:highfive:

Tortuga
01-20-08, 11:15 PM

ya, it's called editing. go figure. he writes, i'll edit so it sounds better. or if he's doing something, he'll tell me what to type, since i can type alot quickier and i just edit it as he goes to sound better. plus it also helps that he tries to speak more formally when arguing a point to make it seem valid.makes more sense if it looks like some1 is actually educated when debating vs typing in little bits. u also notice that he does that with alot of stuff, cuz it's easier for him. although he does type quickier and he is spelling better than b4. but u can always believe that i typed that. it's not like i give a ****. or else go into the shop and ask him for urself if he typed it. or i can always give u his number. i don't care either way what u believe

Tortuga
01-20-08, 11:18 PM
too much to read and check, why dont u highlight it for us stupid folk lol:highfive:

Jeff believes that I wrote everything under Ernie's name in this thread cuz it sounds too educated and formal to have come from Ernie. Yet he has learned alot from being with me since i will mention when his posts are hard to read. or i'll just edit it for him. i am a teacher u kno, i do teach ppl how to present themselves better....:hello:

BurnTire
01-20-08, 11:19 PM

LOL I would have to make the entire page yellow:pepper:

BurnTire
01-20-08, 11:20 PM
i don't care either way what u believe

Wow some people take the internet toooooo seriously:hi:

Tortuga
01-20-08, 11:24 PM
Wow some people take the internet toooooo seriously:hi:

no, i just don't like being accused of writing stuff that i didn't. the same as i don't like my car being brought up when i have nothing or little to do with the conversation. and i'm not taking it seriously. as i said, i don't care. u can say i wrote everything. i would probably agree with everything that ernie's said anywayz. :hello:

ThePunisher95
01-21-08, 05:55 AM
the same as i don't like my car being brought up when i have nothing or little to do with the conversation.

I think people will talk about your car whether you like it or not....people tend to compare their car to what another car runs with certain mods...Get what im saying?

11sec05
01-22-08, 06:35 PM
best 11.87@119.41 with 1.72 60', 4.10s, procharger 10#,and bogarts. just upped to 13#s and off road x-pipe, have not had a chance to get back to the track

acstone7
01-22-08, 08:25 PM
best 11.87@119.41 with 1.72 60', 4.10s, procharger 10#,and bogarts. just upped to 13#s and off road x-pipe, have not had a chance to get back to the track

dayum, nice times... Is the 13#s going to be with stock internals?

11sec05
01-23-08, 07:00 PM
stock internals for now, i think the tune has alot to do with the motor problems but i do plan to put good crank,rods,and pistons in it soon but i want alot more power too. but i have to find time, full time job,trying to start a performance business on the side and working on my own 8 stangs, its hard to fix it if its not broke and i only have 12800 miles on the 05

Boss281
02-05-08, 11:01 AM
I've done 12.85 with a BAD clutch last November. I've been breaking in the new one here and there and will be back at the track in March. I fully expect a .5 second improvement with no changes other than the clutch (I blew 2 shifts and still got the 12.8). In late March I'll be reducing weight at the front and running 15" Bogarts...

John

acstone7
02-05-08, 10:28 PM
I've done 12.85 with a BAD clutch last November. I've been breaking in the new one here and there and will be back at the track in March. I fully expect a .5 second improvement with no changes other than the clutch (I blew 2 shifts and still got the 12.8). In late March I'll be reducing weight at the front and running 15" Bogarts...

John

Nice! What clutch did you swap to, and what are your mods?

Boss281
02-06-08, 05:06 AM
Nice! What clutch did you swap to, and what are your mods?

I had a Spec II+ that gave us fits since day one (August), but Spec tech support kept insisting that it just needed to be bled properly, or I had a bad slave cylinder. It took 3-4 months of bitching (and I kept racing it) and 4-5 track outings worth of testing to convince them it was bad--the car sat a lot in my garage.

About a month ago Spec FINALLY sent a replacement II+, that has been a jewel. I've been slowly breaking it in, but I had my son get in the driver seat after 200 miles to give it a "shakedown" this past weekend (he's a much better speed shifter than I am). It worked like butter. Like I said, the clutch won't be inhibiting me at the track next month. We think there is 11 seconds normally aspirated in this car with more seat time and bit of weight reduction. I hope so--he's breaking in a rebuilt 302 for his '87 and already I sense he's going to kick my ass AGAIN this year. Jeez....

Mods are:

-Exhaust-
Mac axleback muffler
Bassani catted x-pipe
BBK shorty headers

-Engine-
C&L cold air intake with custom SCT XCAL2, 93 octane
Comp Stage III cams
Steeda underdrive pullies

-Drivetrain-
Spec II+ clutch
Spec steel flywheel
Spydershaft Aluminum driveshaft
BMR front driveshaft loop
FRPP 4.10 gears
Hurst shifter

-Suspension-
BMR strut tower brace
BMR boxed lower control arms and relocation brackets
BMR adjustable upper control arms
QA-1 adjustable race shocks
Steeda Sport springs

-Wheels and Tires (Track only)
17" Bullitt Wheel replicas (17x9")
Mickey Thompson 26X11.50-17 ET Streets if I change at the track OR
Mickey Thompson 295/45R17 ET Street Radials if I have to drive on the tires

-Misc-
Raptor shift light
S&S A-pillar dual gauge pod
Autometer air/fuel ratio gauge
Autometer water temperature gauge

Coming in March:
BMR radiator support/swaybar delete support
BMR tubular k-member and a-arms
BMR rear sway bar relocation brackets
Bogart 15x4.5 and 15x10 wheels (haven't decided on tires yet)

Boss281
02-06-08, 05:09 AM
Oh, here's my front end nearly coming off the ground--that's with the stock wheels and heavy tires!!--on a 12.90 run just before my personal best:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t32/jwgroovin/Cecil_Nov_2007_800x600.jpg

acstone7
02-06-08, 08:37 PM
Love that pic :veryhappy: Hope all goes well with the clutch and

Good luck to ya!

acstone7
02-06-08, 08:39 PM
Heres a q for ya...How come you didn't choose to go with longtubes?

FalconGTHO
02-06-08, 09:33 PM
As for "The Great Long Tube" debate, add me to the list of non believers of what I view as a myth that they dont add power.

Ill find out for sure on my car at least. Im going to dyno with no tune. Then tune and dyno again. Then cold air, tune and dyno again. Then long tubes, dyno, tune, dyno again. So for at least my car Ill know if the LTs add power, then how much more is gained after a tune for the LTs.

BurnTire
02-06-08, 10:08 PM
On a cobra they are worth about 10 HP.

Boss281
02-07-08, 07:13 AM
As for "The Great Long Tube" debate, add me to the list of non believers of what I view as a myth that they dont add power.

Ill find out for sure on my car at least. Im going to dyno with no tune. Then tune and dyno again. Then cold air, tune and dyno again. Then long tubes, dyno, tune, dyno again. So for at least my car Ill know if the LTs add power, then how much more is gained after a tune for the LTs.

On S197s that are normally aspirated, I have YET to see one documented dyno sheet with a before and after LIMITED to just the longtubes, that showed more than 10RWHP (my shorties provided 8, for Pete's sake). Frankly, I put the shorties on to simply change the frequency response brought on by the Mac mufflers. Fantastic sound but the drone would shake fillings loose when the windows were up and I cruised at 2000rpm.

Not wanting to continue the debate further with aftermarket TBs and CMDPs on NA S197s as well, but the fact is that S197 breathing is very efficient right from the factory.

If quality longtubes were handed to me (ARH, JBA, etc) or available for half the price, I might consider them for the sound alone, as my car hasn't been a daily driver for two years and I don't have to worry about the drone issues much. But the evidence coming out of many performance shops is that the bang for buck just isn't there.

But hey, that's just what I think...

John

acstone7
02-07-08, 11:40 AM
I hear ya on that, pretty expensive mod for marginal gains. I was just wondering, since you had all the other goodies. Any plans for FI in the future?

Boss281
02-11-08, 05:12 AM
I hear ya on that, pretty expensive mod for marginal gains. I was just wondering, since you had all the other goodies. Any plans for FI in the future?

Don't know. I'm gunning for 11s this season with just the stock block and no power add, and if I make that, I was sort of thinking nitrous next. That's likely to get me under 11.50, and that means the NHRA rules kick in again, and I'll need a rollbar, etc. If the motor goes, I'm likely to go with a built engine. Then again, nitrous would put me in the territory that the Pinks All Out folks like, and since I'm in the New Jersey show in July, I may just do it to improve my chances.

I'd say I'm more likely to put a supercharger on my daily driver '97 than I am the '05. My son is getting more involved in racing now too, and I just may sponsor him in the '05 if it starts becoming more track car than street car. Just dunno...

John