PDA

View Full Version : January 26th Safeway Meet

Blown66
01-17-08, 07:34 AM
Don't forget Wild West fans we are meeting on Saturday the 26th and heading to Safeway together on 83rd ave. The information is our website, see you at the meeting place!

(more to come later)

hpmotzd
01-17-08, 09:05 AM
Looking forward to seeing everyone. We will be there for sure

FalconGTHO
01-17-08, 02:27 PM
Ill be there unless I dont get the day off or its raining.

crazy ray
01-18-08, 07:31 AM
Count me in. :laughing1:

Blown66
01-18-08, 12:38 PM
Here's the plan...(subject to change)...

3pm (Saturday 26th) meet at Sonic Drive-in on Union Hills JUST past (West) of 83rd ave. for eat and meet. We'll leave at 3:45 to meet the rest of the crew at the QT Mart.

4pm (Saturday 26th) Meet at the QT Mart (gas station) on 83rd Ave JUST North of Union Hills. (East side of the street)...meet 3:30 to 4pm...leave at 4pm.

Jacostang
01-18-08, 04:02 PM
Hey are you guys in for the Black Canyon City Pizza Run on the 2nd? It's not just CMC but all is invited to go!!

Blown66
01-22-08, 08:38 AM
Appears like rain and we'll have to move the cruise to next week...stay tuned.

Casey39er
01-22-08, 10:30 AM
Rain Sucks. :gloomy: That's why I live in Phoenix and not Seattle.

Anyway, the next Saturday is the 2nd and that the day of the BCC Pizza Run.

Not sure what time I will get back but if time allows I will see you all at the Safeway lot.

BTW, You all should come along for the run. I hear the Pizza is good :pinkthumb:

Jacostang
01-22-08, 10:40 AM
Appears like rain and we'll have to move the cruise to next week...stay tuned.
Yeah its the first Saturday in February..

hpmotzd
01-22-08, 11:36 AM
Sucks! anyone else notice it only seems to rain on weekends? lol. The 2nd it is.
Is 91st and northern still on for the 1st or are we only doing the Safeway cruise on saturday?

Blown66
01-23-08, 03:10 PM
Hang tight on the 91st cruise. As I have said to others (before you joined) I don't have time to oversee a cruise and run the club. So I have opted for the club. :)

BUT. . .with that said, I have an idea and you can give me your opinion. I want us to host a cruise (Changed to a Show and Shine) on 91st once a month. (2nd Friday of every month?) Make it special with a DJ and other things. ..PLUS. . .at least a 1st, maybe a second and third place trophy/awards for the best cars in the lot. I am also thinking of making it a "club" night with like I said one set of trophies/awards.

What do you think? Is the trophy idea just goofy? (I have a sponsor I think) I know it's not every friday, I just can't babysit it on my own. It is more than just going...it's getting the word out...that's where I don't have the time.

hpmotzd
01-23-08, 08:53 PM
I like the idea of making it more of an "event" like that and if there is a sponsor, i think the trophy/award idea is fun as well. It would be nice to have something like that on this side of town.
As far as getting the word out goes, shoot me an email with some ideas of how you have done it in the past and my wife and i will take on some of the work. We are both on our laptops constanly wasting time and can help with emails, forum or site postings, flyers etc.

FalconGTHO
01-24-08, 12:10 AM
Hang tight on the 91st cruise. As I have said to others (before you joined) I don't have time to oversee a cruise and run the club. So I have opted for the club. :)

BUT. . .with that said, I have an idea and you can give me your opinion. I want us to host a cruise (Changed to a Show and Shine) on 91st once a month. (2nd Friday of every month?) Make it special with a DJ and other things. ..PLUS. . .at least a 1st, maybe a second and third place trophy/awards for the best cars in the lot. I am also thinking of making it a "club" night with like I said one set of trophies/awards.

What do you think? Is the trophy idea just goofy? (I have a sponsor I think) I know it's not every friday, I just can't babysit it on my own. It is more than just going...it's getting the word out...that's where I don't have the time.

This sounds great. I perhaps could "take over" promotion of the cruise/Show & Shine.

Blown66
01-24-08, 09:02 AM
Awesome guys...give me next week to hammer out the sponsor I am thinking of (he wants to be associated with us) and I'll let you know.

BTW

Saturday (24 hours): Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 40s.

No rain? Says Sunday is rain...

hpmotzd
01-24-08, 11:49 AM
Never can trust the weatherman. :mrgreen: Oh well, better safe than sorry, im afraid my car might disintegrate in the rain. :biglaugh:

Rev'n Kevin
01-26-08, 11:32 PM
Great time tonight, was really good to see such a fantastic turnout and really cool to see all the stangs parked in a row. I've come out to this cruise a couple of times last year on my own, and it sure is much more fun to be part of a group. If I don't see you before my trip, I hope to see all of you at a cruise-in, club meet or show in March, until then, God Bless All Of You, Rev'n Kevin.

crazy ray
01-27-08, 01:25 AM
The show and shine was great.:laughing1: Rolling in with everyone and almost taken up a whole row of the parking lot. Kevin have a safe trip, see you when you return. :hi:

AZSonicSnake
01-27-08, 01:41 AM
good deal! the pavs was bouncin too. alotta stang love going on this weekend. :woot1:

hpmotzd
01-27-08, 10:19 AM
That was my first time at this cruise and i was really surprised at the number of cars. We had a great time and it was fun to cruise in with everyone else and see all the stangs lined up. Great turn out everyone. :twothumbsup:

FalconGTHO
01-28-08, 10:58 PM
Did anybody get pics? I had to work. Whens the next one?

Blown66
01-31-08, 07:18 AM
A couple people took pics...but I don't know if they have them posted anywhere. I have pics posted on our Club Website...

http://wildwestmustangs.blogspot.com/