PDA

View Full Version : nos on a 03 cobra

joesredsnake
01-20-08, 02:22 PM
i have installed the 125 shot nos specific for 03 04 cobras.Only been able to try it at the track one time and it did not work well at all.When i ran the nos the car ran slower than off the nos.It seemed to spit and backfire.I called nos tech and they were nohelp at all.Anyone running nos on a cobra have any experience with this?

fazm
01-20-08, 02:32 PM
is it tuned for it?

joesredsnake
01-20-08, 02:48 PM
jdm made the tune for the nos & street & race tunes.It works if i use it on the street and am not changing gears.when racing it goes crazy when you shift.

Dan
01-20-08, 11:02 PM
jdm made the tune for the nos & street & race tunes.It works if i use it on the street and am not changing gears.when racing it goes crazy when you shift.
is it a wet or a dry shot???

Ruckus46gt
01-20-08, 11:11 PM
whats done to the fuel system? bap, pump etc. Also does the car have a stock eaton, ported, whipple,kb?

fazm
01-20-08, 11:18 PM
if im not mistaken the NOS brand kit for the terminators is a wet kit, dunno if they make a dry kit or not

dkg
01-21-08, 06:29 PM
I can not believe JDM has customers from Tennesse. They are expensive but seem to know what there doing.

joesredsnake
01-21-08, 09:14 PM
It is a wet shot.The system is from nos and is specific for 03-04 cobras.My fuel system is stock.I've done upper & lower pulleys,magnaflow catback,sct tuner by jdm,k&n cold air,sct mass air,accufab throttle body [single blade],larger heat exchanger,sub frame connectors,pro 5.0 shifter & an slp line lock.

BADASS03SVT
02-04-08, 08:33 AM
It is a wet shot.The system is from nos and is specific for 03-04 cobras.My fuel system is stock.I've done upper & lower pulleys,magnaflow catback,sct tuner by jdm,k&n cold air,sct mass air,accufab throttle body [single blade],larger heat exchanger,sub frame connectors,pro 5.0 shifter & an slp line lock.

you have all of that and a 125 hot with no BAP...your probably running it lean on the shot...figure your making 460/480rwhp depending on pulley combo's and a 125 shot on that...prob about 575rwhp and 600+rwtq...lol...cmon man...most of these car are pushing the fuel system limits at 500-510rwhp. I have a BAP at 30 percent on a 100 shot on a stock system and am close to macing out the pumps.

drop the shot to a 50 or gt a BAP. even then (i think) your still pushing it...most people upgrade to 60# injectors when pushing the stock parts that much

AZSonicSnake
02-04-08, 11:45 AM
upper and lower with no fuel system upgrades? ouch. i think your on borrowed time doing that....

WildBill
02-04-08, 12:59 PM
upper and lower with no fuel system upgrades? ouch. i think your on borrowed time doing that....
Without a doubt!

Gene
02-04-08, 04:58 PM
Id bet there is water in the line and or bottle.

WildBill
02-04-08, 05:26 PM
Id bet there is water in the line and or bottle.

Never heard of that. I guess it could happen over time when filling improperly or leaving the valve open after draining the bottle. If he's worried about that, just put the bottle on a vacuum pump.

Sounds like his Nitrous 'noid isn't opening for some reason. Doesn't make an dam bit of sense working on the street and not on the strip.

Only thing I can come up with is he has a short somewhere. He's NOT gonna pull the same Gs on the street(from a roll or just no traction) as he would at the track. That means the wire could move back and short out at the track, but not onthe street. Stuff happens!:yes:

joesredsnake
02-05-08, 07:52 AM
the fuel system could be the problem.i have been thinkn about 60# injecters and a bap anyway.it kind of does act like you are runnin out of fuel.without the nos on the dyno here it done 495 hp and 535 torque. never done it on the nos.i am gettin ready to install a new clutch this week also.i am gonna try the centerforce dual friction.i guess i need to do some fuel system upgrading to.thanks for the suggestions.

WildBill
02-08-08, 06:22 AM
the fuel system could be the problem.i have been thinkn about 60# injecters and a bap anyway.it kind of does act like you are runnin out of fuel.without the nos on the dyno here it done 495 hp and 535 torque. never done it on the nos.i am gettin ready to install a new clutch this week also.i am gonna try the centerforce dual friction.i guess i need to do some fuel system upgrading to.thanks for the suggestions.

Joe
That doesn't make any kind of sense. If anything, it should be the opposite! You've got problems elsewhere. What do your datalogs show on both kinds of runs? Your tuner should have this info.

Just get a pair of GT(SuperCar) fuel pumps and upgrade your FPDM, if you want to upgrade your fuel system.

If you drag race, don't get the Centerforce DF. When you sit at the line staged and bring the engine up to launch rpms, the dang clutch makes the car creep! The single disc Ram is a great option.