PDA

View Full Version : nitrous + track =..

Ruckus46gt
01-26-08, 03:29 PM
issues..Had issue nitrous cutting out, it would spray 2nd and then cut out and stay off. It also wouldnt spray out of the hole. I have no idea if my fpss was cutting the nitrous off, if the interface controller was, or what but i'm not happy. Spraying the one gear here is the slip
60'.....1.832
1/8....7.772
mph...89.005
1/4....12.189
mph...111.382
i have no idea whats going on have a week to figure it out

wickedcobra
01-26-08, 04:40 PM
Nothing worse than all that anticipation and crap doesn't work. :yes:

Ruckus46gt
01-26-08, 05:31 PM
think i might have fixed the issue either that or for some reason i just stalled it up on the street went full throttle and as soon as it flashed to 3k the nitrous kicked in and stayed in through all the gear. only thing i did was move a ground, before the switch panel ground and window switch ground were the same. i'm debating on going back to the track tonight but dont think thats the issue. what do you think worked fine on the dyno...but then again thats one gear only

Ruckus46gt
01-26-08, 11:51 PM
same issue tonight except got the car to spray out of the hole, but didnt spray up to 12.10@111.4 i ran

Ruckus46gt
01-28-08, 02:16 PM
think i found out the issue turns out the interface jet portion is only supposed to be used when doing doing a dry shot (instructions dont say either), so in reality i was hitting the car with a 100 shot of nitrous and a 175 shot of fuel. That explains how rich the car was etc, so looks like i'll be heading back to a dyno to check the af with just the pill interface set to 0 and see if that was the issue. Might have been almost blowing out the spark up top and thats why it didnt respond past the inital hit

93mustank
01-28-08, 04:08 PM
Glad it was an easy fix.... Cant wait to see what it runs with a working 100 shot ....should go 11.6's

BADASS03SVT
02-04-08, 08:23 AM
mine was doing the same thing last year...it sprayed on the dyno (100 shot) and I went to the track...spray it and no gains at all. go on the street...nothing. I added a tach adapter because the Mod motors toss out an irregular signal (some use them, some dont) and went on the street and it worked....trying to get to the track march/april

Ruckus46gt
02-04-08, 09:44 AM
i took off another safety device yesterday so hopefully it should work now. I noticed at the track yesterday that it did show 111 but the bottle had some weight to it still approx 3lbs left in it but no nitrous left just air so didnt get a good run in after the initial hit it jsut fell off again. Hopefully all is good with the system...event this weekend. I have the tach signal set up right for (4 cylinder...thats how its supposed to be set up according to the company and where i tapped it)

The Nunn's
02-04-08, 10:04 PM
i took off another safety device yesterday so hopefully it should work now. I noticed at the track yesterday that it did show 111 but the bottle had some weight to it still approx 3lbs left in it but no nitrous left just air so didnt get a good run in after the initial hit it jsut fell off again. Hopefully all is good with the system...event this weekend. I have the tach signal set up right for (4 cylinder...thats how its supposed to be set up according to the company and where i tapped it)

when the bottle is at 3# or lower you dont have the adequate amount of nitrous to have the correct pressure throughout the run. a good rule of thumb is 2# per 100 shot so you'll get 4 good runs and on the 5th pass, performance will drop.

Ruckus46gt
02-05-08, 01:26 PM
when the bottle is at 3# or lower you dont have the adequate amount of nitrous to have the correct pressure throughout the run. a good rule of thumb is 2# per 100 shot so you'll get 4 good runs and on the 5th pass, performance will drop.
yea thats why i filled both bottles today for this weekend. I think something is up with my bottle though. I contacted the company today waiting for a response back. Hopefully they take care of me, i think there is a crack in the siphon tube or something since you heard it fizzing and it sounded like an orca whale the hole time