PDA

View Full Version : What exhaust for automatic 03/04 Cobra's?

NEA
01-26-08, 07:14 PM
Would like to get an idea as to what 2003/04 Cobra's with automatic trannies are using with their blower setups? No turbo with this car. Looking for opinions on headers and x-pipes as I'm not sure weather to go midlength or long tubes.If long tubes,should I go for the pricey Kooks or Stainless Works or just stick with more economical MAC. Let me know guyz!

For the record I'm going to go Built 4R70W Auto trans setup not a C4 or Turbo400. :yes:

BurnTire
01-26-08, 09:45 PM
Ahh I am going with a TH400.

Exhaust depends on your plans for the car. I ran 10.62 with stock manifolds and cats.

I plan to go low 10's with a possible high 9 with the same exhaust when I get the auto installed.

NEA
01-27-08, 08:25 AM
Oh ya...that's pretty good power you're making! What style Whipple are you running? Im currently looking for a 3.4 myself and just figure on taking care of the header dept while I have the stock motor and 6 speed out right now. If it weren't for that I'd try to push the car to the limit with a ported Eaton and auto trans with all stock exhaust except the catback!
I know the TH400 is a stout trans but I need the overdrive with all the driving I do.
A couple of guys have said there isn't a HUGE improvement with headers and x-pipe compared to gains on the pushrod motors but definately a improvement in sound from the exhaust compared to just catbacking the car which is good enough for me.

BurnTire
01-27-08, 10:51 AM
I run the little old 2.3 Whipple at 19 PSI. I hear you about the overdrive, but I can live without it being I don't do a ton of street driving.

I know people that have used MAC and BBK long tubes with success and also others that use the $$$ Kooks and Stainless Works stuff also.

5.0Stanger
01-28-08, 04:11 PM
I've read that the BBKs will hit on the passenger side. But, the Kooks are supposed to clear.

Jeff, TH400, huh? Sounds like it'll be a winner!

BurnTire
01-28-08, 04:50 PM
I've read that the BBKs will hit on the passenger side. But, the Kooks are supposed to clear.

Jeff, TH400, huh? Sounds like it'll be a winner!

Yes I will more than likely have to de tune the car a little to keep from getting the 9.99 boot. LOL

BADASS03SVT
02-04-08, 08:28 AM
if you want to urn long tubes you need to search around and see what fits. my MAC longtubes needed to be trimmed at the collectors. other than that, exhaust is just your sound preferance...loud or subtle...