PDA

View Full Version : Sweeping Gauges

DesertMach
01-31-08, 07:15 AM
Hey Guy's,

I just noticed lately that all my gauges do a full sweep for about 3 seconds everytime I start the Mach, I don't remember this happening before. Is this an indication that it is time for a new battery?? (still has the original battery from 03 Lol on borrowed time I guess) The car cranks fine,(no slugishness from the starter) starts fine, runs fine no other problems.
I just need to know if this is normal or some type of indication of something?? If it needs to be checked out please let me know, I plan on going to PSR within the next week or 2 to get some other work done.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Bob.

WildBill
01-31-08, 10:19 AM
LOL Bob!

It's a symptom of low battery voltage. Check to make sure your alternator is functioning properly and replace your battery.

DesertMach
01-31-08, 11:34 AM
OK thanks Bill.

Torchmach
02-01-08, 09:09 AM
You still have your original 03' battery Bob? Lets give it an honorary Duracell award!

I replaced my battery last weekend, not bad, 48 months out of a 36 month battery. I was luckier than Rick, mine died in the garage. I was kind of expecting it too, it had been slower turning the motor over the past couple weeks.

DesertMach
02-04-08, 06:02 AM
You still have your original 03' battery Bob? Lets give it an honorary Duracell award!

I replaced my battery last weekend, not bad, 48 months out of a 36 month battery. I was luckier than Rick, mine died in the garage. I was kind of expecting it too, it had been slower turning the motor over the past couple weeks.

Well I didn't have any problems with it dragging when starting, But I replaced the battery this weekend and that fixed the issue of the sweeping guages, so it looks like Bill was right on the money, Thanks M1M...

WildBill
02-04-08, 06:40 AM
Glad I was able to help.