PDA

View Full Version : Superchargin an automatic??

Gavin
01-31-08, 06:04 PM
Do's n Donts...??
Pros n Cons...??
Positives n Negatives...??
Tips or Ideas...??

Ive thought about gettin a supercharger for my '01 GT but im not all that sure bout whether or not its a good idea... any input would be great thanks...

BurnTire
01-31-08, 06:42 PM
Dos n Donts...??
Pros n Cons...??
Positives n Negatives...??
Tips or Ideas...??

Ive thought about gettin a supercharger for my '01 GT but im not all that sure bout whether or not its a good idea... any input would be great thanks...

Pros-More Power

Cons-Less Tire Life

Tips-Don't push the boost too high on your motor and get a quality tune.

Gavin
01-31-08, 07:28 PM
got any ideas on what would be an ok choice for a specific s/c... i aint gonna be tryin to break records or nothin... jsut somethin that can hold its own out on the streets.... you know??

Ruckus46gt
01-31-08, 07:34 PM
where in ny are you located again?

BurnTire
01-31-08, 08:30 PM
Whats your budget?

sinspawn7
01-31-08, 09:40 PM
Pros-More Power

Cons-Less Tire Life

Tips-Don't push the boost too high on your motor and get a quality tune.

heh less tire life :laughing: true so true

santa_rosa_lt1
02-01-08, 02:33 AM
eBay a used Eaton and a 4lb lower?

01kB
02-06-08, 09:17 PM
I too have an 01 auto GT and am currently running a 2.1 Kenne Bell intercooled supercharger. I did a lot of research before i purchased and i whole heartedly recommend a this supercharger. The before and after i can't hardly believe, it's a totally different car. From what i gathered a roots or twin screw blower makes an auto come alive much more so than a centrifical (spelling on that??)...anyways...there is a lot of info out there on roots vs. centrifical vs. twin screw superchargers. Hands down, the twin screw, Kenne Bell is the best..in my opinion. Whipple is an awesome supercharger too, but they don't make a system for our year car (at least that i know of).

I definately recommend the KB, but make sure you have someone who knows what their doing tune your car. Kenne Bell includes a programmed chip which is a safe tune, but you will get more out of the supercharger if you custom tune it. My kit is a 9lb system which is safe to run with a stock car. It pulled 367rwhp and 387tq on 91 octane gas.
It ran a 12.7 1/4 mile at 111mph with a lot of tire spin off the line. :pepper:

Hope this helps.

Gavin
02-10-08, 11:36 AM
Im from long island.... and 01kb, yes it was very helpfull thank u... can u give me a link and list of exactly everything u got as far as ur s/c goes... i would apreciate very much... thank u again...

01kB
02-11-08, 01:04 PM
When you can look at www.kennebell.com (http://www.kennebell.com) there is a lot of info posted along with prices, tech articles, etc...Also give them a call and run some questions/concerns by them. I should warn you though, Kenne Bell customer service is not the best. There are times when you will call for a day or two or three and only get a busy signal.

The kit i'm running is the 2.1 Big Bore 9psi intercooled ($4999) includes everything you need to get your car up and running. In addition to the standard kit i would look at buying a 90mm MAF and a cold air kit from them (about $800).

Let us know how things go!

01kB
02-24-08, 08:18 PM
Any updates on what you're gonna do??

01kB
02-28-08, 09:39 PM
Sorry try www.kennebell.net (http://www.kennebell.net), not .com

Graham
03-05-08, 11:18 AM
Im from long island.... and 01kb, yes it was very helpfull thank u... can u give me a link and list of exactly everything u got as far as ur s/c goes... i would apreciate very much... thank u again...

Yeah I have the 1.7 Kenne and I love it. I would highly recommend it. Its pushing about as much power as my stock motor can handle (400) and its a great blower for the street

Gavin
03-07-08, 02:16 PM
yeah so ive gotta put a hold on the s/c... some how i blew the intake manifold today so ive got some fixin to do before i start lookin at the s/c again... im lookin at gettin a performance manifold and idno maybe some other shit.... we'll see