PDA

View Full Version : ABS Light

simmonsj619
02-03-08, 07:12 PM
I recently purchased a 2003 Mach 1. I noticed today that the ABS light come on and stayed on and also the traction controll wouldnt turn on. The more that I watched it I started noticing that the ABS light would go off and traction control would come back on if I went over a small bump or something like that. I really believe that something is just loose but I have no idea where to start looking. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate them.

BurnTire
02-03-08, 11:02 PM
I would start by checking all connections to your ABS sensors. There is a tone ring and sensor on each wheel.

DesertMach
02-04-08, 06:06 AM
I would start by checking all connections to your ABS sensors. There is a tone ring and sensor on each wheel.

I have heard of this same problem with other Machers, BurnTire is correct with what fixed the issue for others.
They had wheel sensors go out which effect both the ABS and traction control. Good Luck.

ASUSMC
02-04-08, 07:34 AM
My Cobra was doing the EXACT same thing except once they went off they stayed off. Mine was a bad wire

Graham
02-11-08, 01:48 AM
I recently purchased a 2003 Mach 1. I noticed today that the ABS light come on and stayed on and also the traction controll wouldnt turn on. The more that I watched it I started noticing that the ABS light would go off and traction control would come back on if I went over a small bump or something like that. I really believe that something is just loose but I have no idea where to start looking. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate them.

Yeah man the abs and trac are in the same module so its prob just a wss. They take dumps all the time