PDA

View Full Version : Feb 24th Tucson

Jacostang
02-04-08, 07:53 AM
SAMC Fords on 4th Ave. Feb 24th we are driving down for the show. Its a sunday and a great cruise from the valley. We usually drive down through Florence and Catalina, very scenic and NO TRAFFIC!:icon_cool:

AZSonicSnake
02-04-08, 11:40 AM
this sounds like a great time! i am gonna check my calendar, but i would love to do this run up.

El Jefe
02-04-08, 04:35 PM
Try and make it. Prob wont have a car in the show though.

If you guys get a group, we should meet up with Sonoran Muscle Cars after

HanksGT
02-06-08, 11:27 PM
I'm in. I used their web site and signed up wth Paypal.

SAMC Fords on 4th Ave. Feb 24th we are driving down for the show. Its a sunday and a great cruise from the valley. We usually drive down through Florence and Catalina, very scenic and NO TRAFFIC!:icon_cool:

Jacostang
02-07-08, 01:15 PM
Me too, now there is 2 white fox body verts going!

dtsoxs
02-10-08, 10:24 PM
just moved to phoenix and i would like to join you guys on the cruise maybe one of you guys could e-mail me some details and maybe some other dates of events around town.... thanks
dtsoxs@yahoo.com

BurnTire
02-11-08, 10:01 AM
just moved to phoenix and i would like to join you guys on the cruise maybe one of you guys could e-mail me some details and maybe some other dates of events around town.... thanks
dtsoxs@yahoo.com

This event is every weekend.
http://www.pavilionscarshow.com/

Jacostang
02-11-08, 10:21 AM
The more that goes the more fun we have! Just look at the calendar that Jeff updates or pm me for more info. We will be meeting the morning of the 24th fort the cruise down to Tucson!

05mustangman
02-11-08, 10:38 PM
i will try really hard to go! i really want to go. lol. so where is the meet point for the cruise down there?

Jacostang
02-12-08, 10:08 AM
Not sure yet, getting the list of people going, I'll let ya know here inthis thread!

Arch Angel
02-12-08, 07:04 PM
Hmmmmm.....I may make this one. Let me know where your leaving from and what time.:yes:

JoeT
02-13-08, 05:16 PM
I been slacking lately. Im going to try to make a few events soon and need to get my membership dues in as well. May get to the Johnny Rockets event this Friday. As much as Id like to attend every single event it just isn't possible the HONEY DEW list never seems to end, as soon as I get caught up then something else comes along. I literally have not driven my Mustang in months other than to drive it for a few miles to keep the battery fresh. Had the Stang since January 07 and it just turned 3100 miles. Somethings wrong with that! Might try to make this Tucson event, depends where we are meeting.

maddme
02-14-08, 08:56 AM
A cruise to Tucson sounds like a blast, I love driving that back way through Florence it is very scenic.

EBBS_03_Cobra
02-16-08, 04:22 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm new to this whole state... Anyone have a near by address they can give me? I'm in Tempe, and would like to know how far a drive this would be for me. I miss cruises!!!!

Jacostang
02-16-08, 10:50 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm new to this whole state... Anyone have a near by address they can give me? I'm in Tempe, and would like to know how far a drive this would be for me. I miss cruises!!!!
I would say about 140 miles one way! But very scenic!!

Jacostang
02-16-08, 10:51 PM
Ok we are meeting Sunday morning in front of Berge Ford Mesa Drive and US60 7AM!!!

Sunday the 24th!!

nadador
02-17-08, 01:25 PM
Can't decide which car to take. Love to cruise in the '66 but going 85-90 like we did a couple times going to Black Canyon City gets a little shaky. I'm not dying to go, if you get my drift. Maybe I'll get the '06 from Daniel and let him take my truck to work that day. What time do you think you'll be leaving Tucson after the show to come back?

Jacostang
02-17-08, 04:48 PM
Were goin the back way so I don't see that kind of speed this time!!

Blackmagic1
02-18-08, 10:32 AM
:pepper:I use to know 2 DPS officers who would race each other to see who gets to Florence first. One had a Crown Vic that was 'modified', the other in a 5.0. They both traded off the area, as that was their "beat".just a FYI (Course this quite awhile back...)

JoeT
02-19-08, 05:04 PM

dtsoxs
02-19-08, 09:05 PM
So Berge Ford in mesa at 7AM??

Jacostang
02-19-08, 09:32 PM
Don't know about proir to the show cost, yes we will be there before 9 and I recommend pre registration!

05mustangman
02-19-08, 10:21 PM
ok im gonna register tonight or tomorrow. i will be rollin down there with the coupe!! lol.

Jacostang
02-19-08, 10:49 PM
So Berge Ford in mesa at 7AM??
Yup! Mesa Drive and US 60..

Jacostang
02-19-08, 10:49 PM
ok im gonna register tonight or tomorrow. i will be rollin down there with the coupe!! lol.
Awesome!!! With us???

05mustangman
02-19-08, 10:56 PM
Awesome!!! With us???

Definitely! wont miss out on that! oh yea, and i just registered!!!!!

EBBS_03_Cobra
02-20-08, 12:17 AM
Okay, my car is not show worthy, cause it's paint needs work (will be taken care of by next thursday). Is there a parking area near by, where I can park my car for the time? Also, you guys care if a sad looking stang comes for the cruise over from Mesa at 7 AM?

Jacostang
02-20-08, 09:51 AM
^^^ Of course and don't worry about your paint its all about getting together and havin fun!!

JoeT
02-20-08, 10:44 AM

Jacostang
02-20-08, 04:26 PM
We do not go on I-10 we are going through Florence and Catalina!! I-10 is horrible!! Theway we go drops us right on 4th Ave!!

JoeT
02-20-08, 05:00 PM
Great! I was worried actually crappy roads! Really looking forward to it, the only thing that would keep me away is Rain.

Arch Angel
02-21-08, 10:38 AM
OK all registered and set to go.............

JoeT
02-21-08, 11:00 AM
I registered as well! This is for a great cause! Really looking forward to it, might even bring my Dad! Since he getting older I definitely try to interact with him before hes gone!

Man you wanna be touched? Read this story about a father and then check the video http://cjcphoto.com/can/ You gotta read the story or the video makes no real impact. Unbelievable!

ponypower2006
02-21-08, 11:39 AM
well ive been paid and ready to go see ya @ berge

Jacostang
02-21-08, 07:35 PM
Looks like a great turnout!!

05mustangman
02-21-08, 09:47 PM
oh man this is gonna be awesome!!!!

Arch Angel
02-22-08, 08:00 AM
I recieved an email from
Gloria Carroll asking if we were coming as a group and I told her yes. She was thinking of trying to put us together. I didn't know of how many were going however.

nadador
02-22-08, 03:48 PM
I registered the '66 but I won't go if it is raining. See you at Berge if the weather clears up by then.

Jacostang
02-22-08, 08:02 PM
Sunny and 72 say the weather man and I think about 15 cars so far are going!!

JoeT
02-23-08, 03:38 PM
Yupper's weather should be excellent, see everyone in the morning by 7:00 am @Berge. I'm coming from 12th street and Bell area so I hope to get there a little earlier. It will be cool to have so many cars going down, its been awhile since Ive been to Tucson, looking forward to it. Spent most of today waxing, too much like work! Andy Hernandez called me today and says hes looking forward to us coming from Phoenix.

EBBS_03_Cobra
02-23-08, 10:10 PM
Looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow! I clay bared my car today, and it's look a lot better. At least now it shines with all the scratches, lol! Shame this thing isn't next Sunday, as it might look a hell of a lot better, but oh well. Anyway, see you guys bright an early!

EBBS_03_Cobra
02-24-08, 05:07 PM
Hey guys! It was fun cruising and meeting with all of you today. Sorry I bailed out early, had to get home to work on some homework.

Also, sorry to the '66 coupe (and any others) I sprayed. Hope no damage was done to the paint! I was not aware of anything coming out of the exhaust, and I feel absolutely terrible about it. I've already started looking into getting that solved.

JoeT
02-24-08, 07:17 PM
Luckily I wasnt behind you! :hyper:

Definitely was a great time would do it again tomorrow. The cars were amazing and the food was good as well. Already looking forward to next year. My only wish was the Suns didn't get blown out! I came out from O'malleys and the whole crew was gone, and the traffic back was stupidly insane for a Sunday. I have a few things I like, Mustangs, good food, and the Suns!

Dave be sure to post some info about Steamboat!

Ill get some photos up of the event probably tomorrow. Anyone that didn't go and wanted to, missed out. Thanks everyone that did go! It was a blast!

JoeT
02-24-08, 09:46 PM
Wow I had to share this with the CMC members that went today. Unbelievably I won a trophy. Not bragging by any means Im just shocked. :laughing1:
Heres the email I received.

Hi Joe:
I guess you left this afternoon before we gave out the "10 Best" trophies. You WON as one of the"10 Best" out of 140 cars entered. Very Good!! We are sorry you weren't there for the fun. Congratulations!

Now, getting you your trophy. We will be coming up to Phoenix for the CMC show on April 5th. We would be glad to bring up to you when we come up. Let us know and thanks to you and all the CMC members who participated.

See you soon.
Dave Carroll

JoeT
02-24-08, 10:19 PM
A few photos, my camera screwed up and I was only able to get a few, I took 50 photos and was only able to get 6. Im sure someone else will have more.

HanksGT
02-24-08, 11:19 PM
Joe

Congrats! Two trophies for our group is great! Randy got one too. I thought you were at the presentations. Too bad they didnt ask one of us to bring it home. Ahh, its only a month away til the next show.

Wow I had to share this with the CMC members that went today. Unbelievably I won a trophy. Not bragging by any means Im just shocked. :laughing1:
Heres the email I received.

Hi Joe:
I guess you left this afternoon before we gave out the "10 Best" trophies. You WON as one of the"10 Best" out of 140 cars entered. Very Good!! We are sorry you weren't there for the fun. Congratulations!

Now, getting you your trophy. We will be coming up to Phoenix for the CMC show on April 5th. We would be glad to bring up to you when we come up. Let us know and thanks to you and all the CMC members who participated.

See you soon.
Dave Carroll

JoeT
02-24-08, 11:28 PM
That is great! I didn't know they were even judging for trophy's but for CMC members to take 2 out of 10 given is impressive! I missed the presentation watching the Suns lay an egg. I almost didn't go because I had tickets to the game but Ive missed so many events I just had to make this road trip, and my nephew loves the Pistons. I forgot how nice everyone is at these events. In my daily life I'm always crazy about cars, usually alone, but at these events everyones just as car crazy as I am. I'm sad I lost so many pictures.

Jacostang
02-25-08, 07:54 AM
Congrats Joe! We looked all over for ya! But everyone was ready to get back on the road!! Great time, I love that drive the back way!! and 2 out 10 trophies thats great! Congrats again to Joe and Randy!:highfive:

JoeT
02-25-08, 09:27 AM
Ya Randy's ride is very sweet! Congrats Randy, I had you in my rear view mirror all the way down and there no doubt your ride is sweet. If I could find an older Mustang that didn't break the bank I definitely would want one, er if my wife would let me have one. She doesn't get the car thing. Ah but shoes thats a different story. :yes:

nadador
02-25-08, 05:26 PM
Hey guys! It was fun cruising and meeting with all of you today. Sorry I bailed out early, had to get home to work on some homework.

Also, sorry to the '66 coupe (and any others) I sprayed. Hope no damage was done to the paint! I was not aware of anything coming out of the exhaust, and I feel absolutely terrible about it. I've already started looking into getting that solved.

No problem with the spray. Just glad we could let you know something was goin' on. A little fluid spray was nothing compared to almost getting taken out by a VW on the drive home.

Jacostang
02-25-08, 10:38 PM
I was already at home in the garage when that happened, glad the Nazi-coffin didn't get you!

JoeT
03-09-08, 08:25 PM
Jacostang, I know your son was taking a bunch of photos from this event, are they posted anywhere? Make sure you let him know I added one on this site of him eating a banana he thought I was crazy.

Jacostang
03-09-08, 09:15 PM
Thats funny!!

I have some and will put some on...Connor my 10 year old took these!!

JoeT
03-09-08, 09:28 PM
Thanks my camera died that day i lost a ton of photos! Adding some from the event to my site. I would really appreciate anyone that took photos from this event if you could either post them here or contact me so they can be sent by email. Thanks alot!