PDA

View Full Version : Carnage Reduction

BurnTire
02-06-08, 07:16 PM
Well I am trying to lessen the shock on launch that has been quite expensive, but netted a 10.62 LOL

New Zoom Twin Disc. Good to 920 ft lbs.

It is a pretty slick setup. Recessed flywheel that allows the clutch to take up the same space as a single disc setup. No cutting the retainer sleeve like some of the other brands.

AZSonicSnake
02-06-08, 08:00 PM
i thought you were going automatic?

BurnTire
02-06-08, 08:16 PM
i thought you were going automatic?

I will I just need a Fox Body, 360CI Pushrod, Big Single Turbo, Fab 9 9" rear end, Glide and 25.5 Funny car cage cert to 7.5. Oh yea a chute.

Thats the next car :biglaugh:

wickedcobra
02-06-08, 10:03 PM
I think I need to become a Pilot so I can make the big bucks...:laughing:

When are you thinking of getting the next car?

BurnTire
02-06-08, 10:06 PM
I think I need to become a Pilot so I can make the big bucks...:laughing:

When are you thinking of getting the next car?

When I move out of this hell hole and get a big garage and some property back east. I could have one heck of a race car for all the money I have in the cobra.

wickedcobra
02-06-08, 10:13 PM
You can get some land down here in Gilbert. Only about 300k for a wopping acre plus a house........

BurnTire
02-06-08, 11:23 PM
LOL
I want the place where 300K gets you 5 acres and a 3000sq foot home.

4Jenna
02-07-08, 11:26 AM
http://www.csc.gov.sg/html/Newsletter/jun2007/junpictures/gina_wealth.jpg

wickedcobra
02-07-08, 11:59 AM
5 acres and 2 double wides side by side in AJ= 300k :biglaugh:

WildBill
02-08-08, 07:52 AM
Shoulda got the Ram Dual Disc.

If I'm not mistaken, you still need an adjustable ball for you clutch fork with your clutch.

BurnTire
02-08-08, 08:31 AM
Shoulda got the Ram Dual Disc.

If I'm not mistaken, you still need an adjustable ball for you clutch fork with your clutch.

Nope. It takes up the same space as a single disc clutch. Requires no cutting of the sleeve and the stock ball should work.

I know a few people that have had the Ram go up in smoke.

WildBill
02-08-08, 08:49 AM
Nope. It takes up the same space as a single disc clutch. Requires no cutting of the sleeve and the stock ball should work.

I know a few people that have had the Ram go up in smoke.
It must have not been adjusted properly.

BurnTire
02-08-08, 08:55 AM
It must have not been adjusted properly.

LOL like my first Ram Power Grip HD that had an incorrectly machined Pressure Plate.

Then the second one that went up in smoke in 1500 miles that was supposed to be able to handle the power of my car.

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3953&highlight=ram+carnage

Ram Saga
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101543&highlight=ram+twin

WildBill
02-08-08, 09:03 AM
That sucks! I ran a Ram 900 DF on my Mach for a full season with 450/540 and it was still good when I sold it and my 3650 tranny.............tranny is still living in a DD Mach1

BurnTire
02-08-08, 09:07 AM
That sucks! I ran a Ram 900 DF on my Mach for a full season with 450/540 and it was still good when I sold it and my 3650 tranny.............tranny is still living in a DD Mach1

The ram was a nice driving clutch, but it just wasn't enough for my power level.

The spec 5 holds great but has destroyed a ton of expensive parts.

So I am looking for something that will not hit too hard on launch and hold the power.

The Zoom is a new design so I am going to give it a try.

The Nunn's
02-09-08, 12:02 AM
The ram was a nice driving clutch, but it just wasn't enough for my power level.

The spec 5 holds great but has destroyed a ton of expensive parts.

So I am looking for something that will not hit too hard on launch and hold the power.

The Zoom is a new design so I am going to give it a try.
told you jeff, no SPEC 5 for the cupcake.el breaky brakey of d partz. y didn't you go with a twin disc from spec? I hear that there realy great and streetable:pepper:

BurnTire
02-09-08, 09:14 AM
told you jeff, no SPEC 5 for the cupcake.el breaky brakey of d partz. y didn't you go with a twin disc from spec? I hear that there realy great and streetable:pepper:

LOL I like breaky.:bounce:

No more spec for me. I be a zoom boy now.

BurnTire
02-13-08, 09:54 PM
Got off my lazy butt and put the twin disc in today.

Plan to do the tranny tomorrow.

If I get my rear end back on Friday I should be up and running soon.:pepper:

chewbaccajones
02-14-08, 08:14 PM
Did you tear up the new rear too?

BurnTire
02-14-08, 11:00 PM
Did you tear up the new rear too?

The only thing I didn't damage is the motor:pepper:

BurnTire
02-14-08, 11:04 PM
Ok anyone that ever does a twin disc clutch do not use the plastic alignment tool.

I couldn't get the trans in even thought the tool went in and out ok.

I had to pull the input shaft out of the tranny and use that as an alignment tool.

I knew I shouldn't have dropped that old tranny off to Devin yet. Spare input shaft would have made things easier.

4Jenna
02-14-08, 11:57 PM
Almost there man, stick with it.

Get it...STICK with it..hehe

The Nunn's
02-15-08, 09:05 PM
The only thing I didn't damage is the motor:pepper:
Wait for it, wait for it..... See, now u just jynxed urself. LMAO, just kiddin. See, plastic does make it happen, hahaha. :pinkthumb:

BurnTire
02-16-08, 12:40 AM
Carnage Creator Spec 5 and the New Zoom D2 Twin Disc

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/521/P2130013.JPG

Zoom has a recessed flywheel. This clutch requires no cutting of the TB retainer sleeve or the need for an adjustable ball stud like some of those other brands.

Rated to 920 Ft Lbs of Torque

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/521/P2130014.JPG

Dyno Tech Custom Drive Shaft 44.2 Long

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/521/P2150015.JPG

Additional length for maximum spline engagement.

Weight and parasitic drag reduction antenna.

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/521/P2150018.JPG

Car with a drive train again:Bucktooth:

http://www.highperformancestangs.com/gallery/data/521/P2150017.JPG

4Jenna
02-16-08, 12:44 AM
Looks great man, and you werent kiddin that driveshaft is sexy!
That is some serious engagment into the tailshaft there!

Glad to see the slow...oh I mean the Cobra is back together man!:icon_cool:

No 6k dumps yet....break that clutch in!

03cobrazzz
02-16-08, 07:45 AM
do you have no fear of the shaft being too long when the axle moves,looks verry close to the seal ?? is heat a factor in this small of a clutch???what did you break in the rearend????

BurnTire
02-16-08, 10:54 AM
do you have no fear of the shaft being too long when the axle moves,looks verry close to the seal ?? is heat a factor in this small of a clutch???what did you break in the rearend????

That is not the seal it is the dust cover. You can cut that off flush with the tail housing of the tranny if you like. The picture is taken with the suspension hanging so it will pull out when loaded.

I bent an axle tube and an axle.

Not sure about the heat issue with the clutch. I would think the twin disc would be a little better being the heat is spread between 2 discs.

autoxstang
02-16-08, 08:14 PM
Wow Jeff, I didn't know about all of the carnage, but hey if your going to tear something up do it right :) Let me know how the zoom treats you once i'm finished with my spec 3+ I want to upgrade.

BurnTire
02-16-08, 09:45 PM
Just put 80 miles on the Zoom. It is breaking in very nicely. No chatter.

I will have more info when I get a few hundred miles on it.

wickedcobra
02-16-08, 10:02 PM
Looks good man. Can you at least keep it together for a month or two this time...:yes: I was wondering when you were going to upgrade that heavy antenna. Should I ask whats next on the list for upgrades....:lookitup:

BurnTire
02-16-08, 11:02 PM
No real upgrades. I just have to stop breaking stuff.
I will do a k-member next. I have the coilovers here.
Should be able to get 10.4 or 10.3 when all is said and done with my power level.

Gene
02-17-08, 12:07 PM
So you just broke that brand new pretty SRA you just installed? How?

BurnTire
02-17-08, 12:10 PM
So you just broke that brand new pretty SRA you just installed? How?

Blower Cars make big power unlike turbos. Stuff Breaks.:biglaugh:

wickedcobra
02-17-08, 01:15 PM

LOL....:highfive:

Gene
02-17-08, 10:06 PM

Well, Dan makes big power and hasnt damaged his original saleen solid axle? So what are you trying to say? My car makes plenty o power pilot boy. Granted, I have to use the unit off the line, but I can't wait to line em up again and see what happens. I'll even use my 17" dr's for good measure.:biglaugh:

BurnTire
02-17-08, 11:00 PM
Really I don't know. I talked to a few people that have used the spec 5 with success, but it appears to be related to the clutch or I am having a major bind issue on launch.

I have to get the car to PSR so we can see if anything is bent on the Cassis

I made 5 changes

Solid Axle
Spec 5
Anti Roll Bar
Battle Boxes
Stiff wall slicks

One thing for sure the IRS didn't break.