PDA

View Full Version : I bought my first house!!

askiles
03-29-06, 08:37 AM
Today is the close of escrow on my first house! I can't wait to get the keys. It is an awesome 3 bed, 2 bath, and of course, a 2 car garage for me to work on the Cobra. Real estate prices really suck right now though. I paid $280K for it, and it probably sold for ~$185K when it was brand new in 1999. Oh well. It is a wedding present to my new wife of two weeks. Just thought I would share with you all. Later.

-Andy

matt
03-29-06, 09:18 AM
Congrats Andy, owning a home is a great reward and responsibility. Been married six years in June and we now live in our second home. Easiest mone I have ever made selling my first house. Too bad I spent it all on the second. :lol:

trojan
03-29-06, 12:28 PM
Congract on the pruchase..

50 BMG
03-29-06, 02:01 PM
What house sold new for 1999 at 185K and now went for 280K? Some deals out there for sure...

Congrats Andy, owning a home is a great reward and responsibility. Been married six years in June and we now live in our second home. Easiest mone I have ever made selling my first house. Too bad I spent it all on the second. :lol:

At least you didn't overspend on the second like my dumbass did.

askiles
03-29-06, 02:17 PM
Homes have really gone up since 1999. There is nothing paticularly special about the house, my guess is it was the base model in this community. The thing that I like about it is, the last owner bought the house in October of last year, and then remodeled the thing. Everything, I mean everything in the house is brand new, and totally upgraded. It has the best of everything now. We love it. Thanks guys.

-Andy

50 BMG
03-29-06, 02:29 PM
Homes have really gone up since 1999.

Ya I know, thats why I said the thing about deals out there...cause you definetly got one if the numbers you posted are even in the ballpark. I've made over a quarter million in unrealized gain on my house from 2/14/2005-2/14/2006, and I know of a few others on this board who most likely made even more.

And you have a fresh remodel (on a pretty new house) to boot:cool:

Nice find Andy, good luck with it and take care.

askiles
03-30-06, 08:54 AM
Thanks. I did just look at the appraisal, and it said that the house new was ~$175K, so that is a crazy appreciation. How long have you lived in Arizona 50? I have lived here my whole life, and have been able to see how crazy real estate has been in just the last 5-6 years. Certain cities East and West of Phoenix didn't even exist until a couple of years ago. Anthem is a good example. (Well also North of Phoenix I guess.) It just used to be that outlet mall, and nothing else. It really sprung up overnight. Anyways, back to Cobra talk.

-Andy

50 BMG
03-31-06, 07:58 AM
I moved here in May of 2001

askiles
03-31-06, 09:59 PM
Cool.

-Andy