PDA

View Full Version : long tube headers

99redcobra
03-29-06, 04:01 PM
ok you guys sead to do exhaust and some suspension how bad is it to put long tube headers in my 99.I also ordered steeda sport springs .will I have ground clerance problems? looking for more power and handling .so please lets heare some in:cool: put .Also thinking 17-10.5 cobra r in the rear and 17-9 in the front

Dan
03-29-06, 04:53 PM
i install them all the time

Black96SVT
11-12-07, 07:06 PM
you will have no probs with the rims, not sure if an IRS bolt would have to be ground a little but I can't recall
as for the LTs, its easiest to drop the K member, and do the headers that way, then once they headers are done and you put the k member back on you can put the springs back on before you bolt up the finishing touches

Phx99Cobra
11-12-07, 07:32 PM
I have heard that on are cars and the mach ones the lt's didnt do that much for some. If your going to go lt make sure you tune it to let to get the most for your buck. You will have a little groud clearance issues it just depends how low your car already sits

BurnTire
11-12-07, 08:37 PM
The big gain is you pull a bunch of heat away from the heads. Also the better flow will lower your boost if you have forced induction.