PDA

View Full Version : The first Whipple GT500 3.4L Gen II Blower Has Arrived!!!

Jared@Lethal
02-22-08, 09:42 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that we're so excited to have received the first 3.4L Whipple for the GT500 with the new Gen II rotor profile. This is something that Dustin and the Whipple crew has been working real hard on to make possible and it's finally here. When Dustin first told me about the rotors several months ago we didn't even have a GT500. Now we're going to be the first to test it out and see what she does.

If anyone's curious what the Gen II is it's basically a new rotor profile which simply flows MASSIVE volumes of air! It's new design is said to put out another 1.5-2 psi over the Gen I rotors at the same pulley combination. This means that not only is it taking less RPM's to spin the blower to the desired boost level but it's doing it with lower intake temperatures as well. The ability to run higher boost as well as larger volumes of air has now been taking to the next level.

Hopefully Dustin will come in and share some information with us on the new rotor profile and how it performed in testing as well as how it compares to the competition. He's got a lot of good info for us so hopefully he'll pop in.

With that said I'd like to personally thank Dustin and the rest of the Whipple crew for participating in the build of the LethalGT500! You guys have been great and we're glad to be a part of the crew.

Installation articles, testing and tuning right around the corner!!

For anyone going to the FL meet in Orlando this weekend stop by our booth as we'll have the blower on display as well as some awesome new products never seen before.

Thanks, Jared