PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous Fords Forever!

Blown66
02-29-08, 12:49 PM
Who's going? It's in Buena Park, (Knottsberry Farm) CA on Sunday, April 20th. A couple of the guys are going over with some Copperstate folks on that Friday.

I'd like to invite any of the Copperstate people and our gang to join us (a couple of us right now) going over on the AM of the 19th. We are set up in the Radisson...sign up now before it's too late!:twothumbsup:

http://www.fordcarclubs.org/

Jacostang
02-29-08, 02:18 PM
Many of us are leaving Friday Morning, we meet at the Cracker Barrell at Litchfiled and I-10 around 7am then its off to SoCal. I think we have 15 signed up so far and I know some are looking to go over Saturday Morning, so if you have a meeting place I'll let them know where to meet you!

Blown66
02-29-08, 06:18 PM
My house? It's closer to Cali than CB...lol

Okay actually...CB is perfect, same time...so pass it along and have them contact me if they want to stay in tighter contact.

BTW...anything happening on Saturday night? Like in the "old" days you could cruise Van Neuys or Whittier...anything like that?

Thanks!

Jacostang
03-01-08, 02:12 PM
Not sure yet on Saturay night but we would like to cruise somewhere and take some photos near the beach at sunset for sure!!!
D

Torchmach
03-01-08, 02:33 PM
Some of the Copperstate members are staying at the Radison too. They have outside barbeque grills. We should all get together for burgers and brews Saturday evening.

Blown66
03-02-08, 12:22 PM
Actually that sounds like fun Torch. (Jaco/Torch) I know Hunnington Beach (at least a few years back) have a long line of bbq pits along the southern tip of Hunnington Beach. PLENTY of open parking around Sunset and could be a cool option for both?

BTW JACO...I am rethinking Cracker Barrel. It is a pain in the butt to leave from there as a group because we have to cross 6 lanes of traffic....even at 7am on a Saturday may be an issue? Once I decide from our end I'll let you know, but Iam now leaning towards meeting at Johnson's Big Apple on Dysart/I-10 at 7am. They serve breakfast that early...I assume...and I will check it out this week. That way we can leave from there on the same side of the street of the I-10 entrance.

Just a thought...

5.0Stanger
03-02-08, 02:05 PM
I'm planning on showing, this year, as there wasn't a Cobra that was mildly-modded. Too many with the Lambo doors, I think. I'm pretty sure that I'll be going out there with some friends on Friday or Saturday. It depends on if they're going to take Friday off, this year.

JoeT
03-04-08, 11:55 AM
Im stoked about these upcoming events! Ill be at this show for sure! Just trying to determine where everyone meeting and leaving and where hotel reservations need to be made. Jacostang knows all :hi:

Jacostang
03-04-08, 02:10 PM
Actually that sounds like fun Torch. (Jaco/Torch) I know Hunnington Beach (at least a few years back) have a long line of bbq pits along the southern tip of Hunnington Beach. PLENTY of open parking around Sunset and could be a cool option for both?

BTW JACO...I am rethinking Cracker Barrel. It is a pain in the butt to leave from there as a group because we have to cross 6 lanes of traffic....even at 7am on a Saturday may be an issue? Once I decide from our end I'll let you know, but Iam now leaning towards meeting at Johnson's Big Apple on Dysart/I-10 at 7am. They serve breakfast that early...I assume...and I will check it out this week. That way we can leave from there on the same side of the street of the I-10 entrance.

Just a thought...

Your right about crossing, last year we were across the street, I think its a mobil on the run. Bill Johnsons works if folks want to eat they can get there early and we can still be on the road by7:30. Last year we had a blast with like 15 Stangs at one time, very cool!

blueone
03-28-08, 01:20 AM
Ok I am trying to make this show. I also want to meet up with my other club friends from Mustangs Accross America. http://www.mustangsacrossamerica.com/forums/
Some of them are planning to meet up there for the show. They are comming from the Bay Area, Sacramento, Las Vegas, and I can't forget about Brian AKA Lucky Man from Canada. Check out my Knottsberry farm posting (I am also the Blueone on that site). Also read up on next years big run to Alabama.

Blown66
03-28-08, 08:48 AM
Cool! Hope you can make it with us or just in general...we'd love to have you!

5.0Stanger
03-28-08, 11:17 PM
So, to recap, who all are going to be leaving for Knott's on Friday, April 18? I'm going to be heading out, that day, at around noon-ish. I wasn't planning on joining a convoy out to Buena Park, as I'm picking up someone enroute. I could rethink my departure time, but I don't think I'm going to be able to check-in at the Knott's Hotel. One question, why 7am? Are you all planning on several stops?

Blown66
03-29-08, 12:51 AM
I am hearing 20 CS members are going...don't know if all are going on Friday. Both groups (Fri-Sat) are leaving at 7am. I would think the idea is to get into town at a reasonable time and in Friday's case...before rush hour. In our case (Saturday) since we are there one day, the earlier the better. Depending on what's going on...I'm hoping to take my car down to the beach and have some fun.

Blown66
03-29-08, 01:00 AM
Hey JACO...any word on Saturday night? I'll throw my idea at you again with some more detail. Hunnington Beach is straight up Beach Blvd 39 20-30 minutes from KBF. Some info...

"And and throughout the winter, fall and spring, there's usually a cement ring to build a fire for anyone who desires one.

Fire wood is sold at beach concessions in bundles large enough to supply you with about an hour of bonfire entertainment. The local stores sell bundles of wood, too. You can cook hotdogs, roast marshmallows, sing songs, dance, kiss, hug and watch the sun go down around a fire.
Use of the fire pits is absolutely free. The days to get to the beach really early if you want one include 4th of July and Labor Day weekend. The chance of finding a pit (or even parking after a certain time) becomes an incredible challenge on those busy summer weekends running July through September."

http://www.beachcalifornia.com/bfir2.jpg

Blown66
03-29-08, 01:08 AM
As you can see the car in the picture...you are actually closer to the pits than that car.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/09/02/a7/huntington-beach.jpg

JoeT
03-30-08, 04:03 PM
Another update, I just made reservations at the KBF Resort and they are quickly running out of rooms. I booked 3 nights even though we may be leaving Sunday after the show. The reservations lady said that alot of people come in day of or night before show so they wont know about rooms on Sunday night until Sunday night. I got a King bed for $109.00 for Friday and Saturday and Sunday is $89.00. The block made available for this show is full, price was $99.00 per night if you could get included in that.

I cant wait looking forward to this big time!

My Mustang has given me a whole new life! :highfive:

I think Im rolling with the crew leaving Friday morning.

HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO THIS SHOW FROM AZ? It would be a blast to have 15-20 cars rolling down the highway together.

Remember Deadline for show registration must be postmarked by April 7th although if you call the Ford Car Clubs hot line its say on the 6th.

Jacostang
03-30-08, 05:32 PM
Hey guys, yes we are leaving around 7:30ish from the west valley The Mobil on the run I think it's still there at Litchfield and the 10. Saturday night sounds fun I know Friday night after we get checked in we meet at TGi Fridays right there at Knott's. Experience getting into the area before 3pm is a very good idea as the 60 to the 91 freeways are very fun! The more the merrier who ever wants to run with us, we stop in Banning for Brunch or something like that then is just a skip into Riverside. We all carry two way radios and keep tack of everyone in the group. Sometimes we even get to pick up Mustangers on the way over so if we need a quick stop for a friend we do it!!:bouncy:

5.0Stanger
03-30-08, 10:36 PM
Jaco,

Sounds good. Man, getting up that early on a day off kinda blows, but I think I can handle it. I've got to pick a friend up in SoCal, but I think everyone will be there even before my 4pm check-in time.

Jacostang
04-08-08, 04:06 PM
Bumping for list, we are meeting at 7am and leaving at 7:30 AM. I will have a final list by sunday night after the monthly meeting, make sur to bring a two way radio, makes for much fun and helps in traffic!!

Jacostang
04-08-08, 04:07 PM
What do you think about an afternoon cruise to the beach, like Kenny said maybe Malibu? Thats pretty far but Huntington is straight down Beach Blvd. I would love some evening shots at the coast!!

ASUSMC
04-08-08, 04:14 PM
I may want to head out. I may have to sleep in the cause I don't have the money for a room but it definitely sounds like fun. My car is nothing special but either way.

It comes down to this or wrenching on the truck, or sitting at home doing nothing

Chris B.
04-08-08, 04:40 PM
Not sure yet on Saturay night but we would like to cruise somewhere and take some photos near the beach at sunset for sure!!!
D

And don't forget, BEvERages and conversation at TGI Friday's friday night!!:biglaugh:

Jacostang
04-08-08, 05:01 PM
I may want to head out. I may have to sleep in the cause I don't have the money for a room but it definitely sounds like fun. My car is nothing special but either way.

It comes down to this or wrenching on the truck, or sitting at home doing nothing
Let us know, maybe you could bunk with someone???

Jacostang
04-08-08, 05:02 PM
And don't forget, BEvERages and conversation at TGI Friday's friday night!!:biglaugh:
I will not forget, the California guys are already buggin me about that!!

Blown66
04-08-08, 06:21 PM
Malibu is a LONG haul...we're going to take a shot at Hunnington...hope you guys can make it.

A question for you...obviously we are going over Saturday...location to be determined...only a couple of us...unless your club has some people? At any rate can we hook up with you guys on the way back?

Jacostang
04-08-08, 07:00 PM
Sure, are you going home after the show on sunday??

5.0Stanger
04-08-08, 07:25 PM
I'm rolling back on Monday afternoon.

RockysMom
04-08-08, 08:05 PM
I so want to go but have not heard anything from my roomie to be. I am also waiting on a check from Berge hehe Referral whoo hoooo. I have the gas covered and my baby is going this time, but wont be in the show. I cant wait, I need to get away on a vacation instead of sitting at home doing absolutely nothing lol. Talk soon Dave.

1966PonyGirl
04-09-08, 08:34 AM
Malibu is a LONG haul...we're going to take a shot at Hunnington...hope you guys can make it.

A question for you...obviously we are going over Saturday...location to be determined...only a couple of us...unless your club has some people? At any rate can we hook up with you guys on the way back?

try Sunset Beach. it was clean and gorgeous! and if no one is in a hurry to come back home... some of you guys may want to look @ Pacific Coast Hwy. it runs along the coast line of cali! take pictures for me so i can live thru all you guys! * tear! *

Blown66
04-09-08, 08:56 AM
God why can't I remember sunset??? Is that RIGHT beside Hunnington or between Hunnington and Seal? Seal is an armpit.

Yeah we are coming back right after the show...Rocky or anyone else we have an extra person looking for a ride to share with. (FYI)

1966PonyGirl
04-09-08, 09:16 AM
ahhhhhhh i cant remember for the life of me where.... seal IS a freekin hairy armpit! ewww. hunington would be good if the group wants to do the bonfire thing.... Sunset, for pics or swimming in the cold ocean!

i am not able to get off of work for that weekend. other wise id say strap me to the hood of the car or toss me in da trunk! i have been dying to do a Cali beach trip with my car. all in good time though.

OOO! dont for get Palos Verdes! neat lil drive, and pics of cool cars at the glass chapel is always cool!

Jacostang
04-09-08, 02:53 PM
Great ideas, I know some are stil looking for car pools especially when we get into the riverside area we need 2 in each car so lets us know if anyone wants or needs to share some expenses!!!

RockysMom
04-09-08, 03:42 PM
I am driving alone so if someone wants to carpool with me and share the gas that would be great :)

Great ideas, I know some are stil looking for car pools especially when we get into the riverside area we need 2 in each car so lets us know if anyone wants or needs to share some expenses!!!

Blown66
04-09-08, 05:46 PM
I'll let him know...we have a place for him to crash...so wheels there is what is needed. (to the show/beach etc). I have someone going with me (four door truck so no big deal), but once there my car only seats two.

RockysMom
04-09-08, 08:49 PM
Well you definately want to go with us, I finally got the money for 1/2 the hotel and gas, so Now, get off your couch patata ass and come with us. its fun, specially kareoke night at the bar whoo hooo:biglaugh:

Jacostang
04-14-08, 01:14 AM
Well here is something going on in Van Nuys at Galpin Ford!!! I gonna have to go with my LL Cal Special!!:yes:

10am to 3pm with lunch provided!!!

03cobrazzz
04-14-08, 08:41 AM
i'll take all the action we can find friday or sat.:highfive:

ASUSMC
04-14-08, 08:44 AM
I won't be coming this trip. My friend booked us a room in Vegas for his 21st. Looks like I get some twisties to drive through

JoeT
04-14-08, 07:21 PM
Anyone got some suggestion on the Handhelds for the Cali cruise? I looked at radio shack can anyone please advise the best ones that hooks up to all channels with the cars heading down?

Heres the Radio Shack Link (http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?s=A-UnitRank-RSK&x=16&y=9&cp=2032052&categoryId=2032071&pg=1&searchSort=TRUE&retainProdsInSession=1)

I was looking at these (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2475322&cp=2032052.2032071&pg=1&searchSort=TRUE&retainProdsInSession=1&y=9&x=16&s=A-UnitRank-RSK&parentPage=family)

but then learned it needs an additional $85.00 license to use GMRS

Recommendations appreciated. I'm off to bed to charge my batteries.

blueone
04-15-08, 03:02 AM
I have taken a few road trips the largest one had well over 400 Mustangs. We found that the hand helds were not that great. The best results were with a regular CB and even a magnetic mount antenea worked the best. I just went over to Apollo Comunications on 43 ave and Northern and bought a new antenea. They also fine tuned my radio and tuned my antenea. Did you read the reviews on the radio shack hand helds you were looking at? One was complaining of a poor reception of less than a mile. My CB can pick up the truck drivers on the highway from my house. I was listening to them talk about a girl in a car travelling west on I-10 at 75th ave. I was at 59th and Peoria at the time. If the car at the back of your pack has a mechanical issue and has to stop quickly and no one sees this this car could be well out for radio range in less than a minute. If any thing talk to the radio experts before you make your decision.

Rick Shopmier
04-15-08, 09:25 AM
Weather Check....I checked out the Weather Channel forecast for this weekend...."GOOD NEWS" the weather will be "AWSOME!" No windshield wipers required. Racin-Rick

Blown66
04-15-08, 09:37 AM
Nice!

BLUE...are you coming with us on Saturday AM? Anyone else? I know of three people that are and since it is a small amount we are probably leaving from my house (which is well on the way to LA lol...188th ave).

If you are interest drop me a note and I'll get directions...I am a mile off the freeway.

blueone
04-15-08, 11:50 AM
I will be leaving on Saturday morning. If you dont mind I have a friend that will be tagging along in his (other brand) on the way to the Pamona swap meet only 26 miles away from Knotts. He went with me to a Mustang show in Mustang Oklahoma last year and he liked the caravans. Let me know the starting point and time I will be there. Hey is the gas man (Jemal) joining us on Saturday or is he going on Friday?

Blown66
04-16-08, 01:14 AM
Yeah his wife couldn't get off on Friday so they are coming with us. (you have mail) We will be leaving from my house at 6am. Get me your phone number (email) when you get a chance.

Jacostang
04-17-08, 01:29 PM

maddme
04-17-08, 04:55 PM
Dave, Is this part of the Fab Ford Event? Or are you guys just also doing this at the same time?

Jim

Jacostang
04-17-08, 04:58 PM
This is on Saturday up in Van Nuys and then Fab Fords on Sunday!! 2 shows in one weekend babaaaay!!! Near Topanga!!

maddme
04-17-08, 09:18 PM
That is awsome I wish that I could go, but work calls again. Have fun!!:biglaugh:

RockysMom
04-17-08, 09:26 PM
Hey Dave can anyone come? That sounds like fun.
This is on Saturday up in Van Nuys and then Fab Fords on Sunday!! 2 shows in one weekend babaaaay!!! Near Topanga!!

JoeT
04-17-08, 10:14 PM
Everyones allowed except for people named Trish! :laughing1:JK!

Cant wait feel like a kid going on a field trip! See ya all in the morning, heading to bed.

RockysMom
04-17-08, 10:18 PM
Yeah Thanks hmmm lol

Everyones allowed except for people named Trish! :laughing1:JK!

Cant wait feel like a kid going on a field trip! See ya all in the morning, heading to bed.

RockysMom
04-17-08, 10:18 PM
Got my Bra on my car and im ready to go, See you in the butt crack of Dawn Dave hehe

blueone
04-18-08, 01:27 AM
Is it the weekend yet?

JoeT
04-18-08, 01:54 PM
Just to let everyone know we made it to Banning we have 11 cars in the caravan today. Be careful crossing into Cali. CHP is heavy!!

5.0Stanger
04-18-08, 03:45 PM
Thanks GTR!

Sorry, I chose to help one of my friends finish his '67 GT500 clone, so we'll be out there tomorrow. You can have my share of fun!

BTW: I'm not surprised at the CHP's level of activity. My last time out to Cali, I nearly got pulled over just getting back onto I-10 at the Patton Museum. The UC car actually passed a semi in the emergency lane to try to catch me. If he hadn't done that, I probably wouldn't have seen him in my rearview mirror. I backed off, pulled in behind a truck and let him just pull up alongside. He saw that I knew he was there to catch me, so he just drove off, after pacing me for a couple of seconds.

blueone
04-19-08, 04:47 PM
Well we made it. We left Kenny's this morning and made it to our hotel. Its nice here. We saw a huge herd of Mustangs as we pulled up to Knotts. I took a few pictures. Its going to be great

Mr. Austin
04-19-08, 04:49 PM
SWEET PICTURES!!!! ugh im so jealous of you.

Blown66
04-21-08, 09:55 AM
I hope he got those pics. We were sitting at a light to turn right (they were in the left turn lane) and our last guy said the line was so far back he couldn't see the end!

2,000 cars...1,100 of them...Mustangs!

JoeT
04-21-08, 10:23 AM
Great show! Unbelievable amount of cars. I heard a guy walking around that said the Show should have been called MM = Mostly Mustangs! If you LoveMustangs this was a show for you. The weather was excellent.

Heres just one photo, Ill try to get more up later. Takes a little to convert mine from high res.

Definitely would go again, but Id probably leave on Saturday instead of Friday, to much idle time waiting for Sunday.

For the record the roads in California are the worst roads ever, your car takes a serious pounding, worst roads Ive ever seen!!

JoeT
04-21-08, 10:49 AM
More Photos, no possible way to take photos of everything.

JoeT
04-21-08, 10:51 AM
Photos continued......

JoeT
04-21-08, 10:53 AM
Photos

JoeT
04-21-08, 11:03 AM
Photos

JoeT
04-21-08, 11:05 AM
Photos: I have many more Very High Resolution photos if anyone needs any.

I also have some of our caravan to California with the cars that went, they are on my laptop so Ill get those up later. Enjoy!

Blown66
04-21-08, 11:16 AM
The roads and lights left a lot to be desired. My only complaint is shoe horning cars into a compact parking place with show cars on each side of you (belt buckles rug rats with razors).

The picture above is WAY more space than we had in our sections.

Blown66
04-21-08, 11:17 AM
Your pics don't do justice (not sure anyone's would...so not a shot) to that Candy Mach 1. Best car in the show...

JoeT
04-21-08, 11:22 AM
to that Candy Mach 1. Best car in the show... ABSOLUTELY!!! AGREE!!

The photos look way better at higher res, they don't upload here at that res so they are down sampled from 3264x2448 and from 2.3 megs each to 800x600 and under 100k. Definitely loses its quality. Let me know if you want any and Ill send you anyone you want. The space we had was minimal as well. These spacious photos were the alley way to the Cobra section.

What was up with the Cobras having such a comfortable section?? Didn't understand that one. Lots of old classics in this section would have been better. Cobra guys would disagree Im sure! :laughing:

Blown66
04-21-08, 04:33 PM
Holy crap...I should have waited for your pics to open to the right size...you did do it justice!

AZSonicSnake
04-21-08, 06:22 PM
wow great pics!!! some year i will make that show! i just did not have the fundage for gas to make it there this year. i love how the cobras are on the grass!! that is sooooo awesome.

5.0Stanger
04-21-08, 07:31 PM
What was up with the Cobras having such a comfortable section?? Didn't understand that one. Lots of old classics in this section would have been better. Cobra guys would disagree Im sure! :laughing:

I wondered why I was going to have to park my Redfire Cobra back behind Independence Hall, myself. On the show map, it looked like all of the Cobras were going to be in Bufu, Egypt! Last year, they were lumped in with the Saleens and the hoards of S197s and Fox-bodies. I heard that last year's Cobra owners petitioned to get a better place to park. As I wasn't in the show, last year, I didn't know anything about it, until yesterday.

But it did make for less people coming through there to see the cars. Still, thanks to GTR-Stang for getting my Redfire in a couple of the photos from the Cobra area! :laughing1: The fourth one, and for a small bit of my Cobra's rear on the fifth! I do know that I was the only one with a Terminator w/ 10th Anniversary wheels there. But, there were like four 10th Anni cars there, including Andy's.

I'll post up some of my pics, as soon as I get the chance!

Anyone catch that red w/white stripes '67 Shelby clone? That's going to be a sweet car, when it's finished. I lent a hand on the build to get it to Fab Fords.

5.0Stanger
04-21-08, 07:34 PM
wow great pics!!! some year i will make that show! i just did not have the fundage for gas to make it there this year. i love how the cobras are on the grass!! that is sooooo awesome.

Tony,

It was cool to have the Cobras on the grass. Just getting out after the show was interesting. They were watering the grass, before we all got there. Andy drove his car out there and turned back to tell them to turn the water off! I got to park by the statue, to the left of the entrance to the hall. Very nice place, but secluded from the rest of the show.

1966PonyGirl
04-22-08, 03:06 PM
to that Candy Mach 1. Best car in the show... ABSOLUTELY!!! AGREE!!

The photos look way better at higher res, they don't upload here at that res so they are down sampled from 3264x2448 and from 2.3 megs each to 800x600 and under 100k. Definitely loses its quality. Let me know if you want any and Ill send you anyone you want. The space we had was minimal as well. These spacious photos were the alley way to the Cobra section.

Thank you for taking the time and uploading the pics! the Candy Mach was the one that caught my eye too. (its now the back ground one of my computers at work :veryhappy:)

maybe next year will be different and i will be able to go. i think that may be what my heaven would look like!

Blown66
04-22-08, 05:02 PM
You should see it in person...seriously...the pic is great...10 times better. BTW how do you upload pics from your computer here...can you? Or do they have to have HTTP?

Jacostang
04-22-08, 06:04 PM
There is a How Too section to show you just how to do it. This was my 10th year at knott's and its great every time!!!

JoeT
04-22-08, 07:41 PM
Its easy. Just when your posting look below the box and click on manage attachments. It opens a new window with the ability to browse to the photos you want to upload. They need to be below 195k in size and 800x800 max for jpg. Once you manage attachments its shows you the sizes allowed here for different formats.

I'm a photo freak. I add these to my website as well so its easy to up them here to.

If I hadn't been so worn down in Cali I would have had many, many more photos. Theres no way to translate how the show really was in photos, it was actually mind boggling how many cars there were there. Absolutely the largest show Ive ever been to, probably in my life. Highly recommend you make plans now to put a few bucks away each week for next year, probably cost my wife and I about 500-600 bucks total.

Bring on Steamboat!!

Ken Newman
04-22-08, 08:29 PM
This was my 10th year at knott's and its great every time!!!
Dave this was my second year and it was great. Good to see you and the misses. Lots of very nice cars and some pretty nice daily drivers too, Ken.

BurnTire
04-22-08, 10:25 PM
Its easy. Just when your posting look below the box and click on manage attachments. It opens a new window with the ability to browse to the photos you want to upload. They need to be below 195k in size and 800x800 max for jpg. Once you manage attachments its shows you the sizes allowed here for different formats.

I'm a photo freak. I add these to my website as well so its easy to up them here to.

Bring on Steamboat!!

Anything larger than 800x800 will be auto resized by the forum software.

Another option is to add them to the photo gallery and link them back to your post here with the http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/images/editor/insertimage.gifbutton.
If you have them hosted somewhere else you can link them with the http://www.highperformancestangs.com/forums/images/editor/insertimage.gifbutton also.

Photo gallery is the best way to view big events.

If someone wants to upload a ton of pictures to the gallery I can have you upload them to the sever via FTP and process them for you.