PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Question?

maddme
03-03-08, 10:16 PM
I have stock exhaust except for the axel backs. Even before I put the JBA's on I would experience a rattling noise when I would get on the car. This noise only happens when I get on the car around town or on a trip. The dealer has not been able to here the noise. I have heard that it was a problem with s197. Is this true and if so what is causing the noise?

maddme
03-04-08, 08:03 PM
My service writer found a write up on the Ford dealer service network for 2007 and 2008 Mustang GT's that was posted on March 3rd. He describes the exhaust rattle that my car is making. He told me that it was loose exhaust hangers some where near the transmission. So I will take it in to the dealer soon and see if that is the case.

4Jenna
03-04-08, 11:07 PM
Thats what I was gonna suggest, inspect the hangers.

isnt the JBA x pipe have welded on hangers? I am sure mine are. But i hear the rattle too. I think its the clamps they give me .. but it didnt happen until a week after.

maddme
03-06-08, 12:55 PM
I am changing over to Bell ford to do my service because they offer Full Synthetic Motor Craft oil. So any how when I go there on Tuesday I am going to have them look up the dealer bulletin that came out on March 3rd that speaks of this issue. I will let every one know what they found, because I now have spoken to many people with the same rattle.