PDA

View Full Version : Lethal's GT500 at the NMRA Seaon Opener

Jared@Lethal
03-09-08, 09:18 AM
The Lethal Performance crew has just returned from the NMRA season opener at Bradenton Motorsports Park. We ran the GT500 in the True Street class as it was my first time racing in an event of this proportion. Those that are not familiar with True Street, the cars must be registered and insured, and must complete a 30 mile drive and then make 3 back to back to back runs. This separates the street cars from the race cars. Any cars that fall behind the rear pace car during the cruise are disqualified. If the car overheats on the cruise, your out. Once making it back to the track, the cars hood can not be opened, or you are disqualified. Anyways, made it back, ran the 3 passes and this is what I got (slips are in order from left to right)...

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9662/bmpslipstx6.jpg

The first pass, I didnt know what to expect from the car with the new blower so I took it very easy just to feel it out. It was my first drive with the car since the blower install. As you can see, the car is hauling the mail, 137 mph!!! 11.25@137

On the 2nd pass, I got just a little more aggressive with the car, it responded well. 10.77@136

3rd pass, got a little more aggressive once again. The tires and the track were able to take what I wanted to throw, I just wish I could get more than 3 passes. The MPH is a little low on this run due to me touching the rev limiter on most of the shifts. The car would just pull super hard all the way to the limiter and I was trying to squeeze everything out! Still got the best pass of the day. 10.65@132

Video will be ready shortly. All runs were on pump gas and on the 265/40/18 Mickey Thompson Drag Radials set at 15 psi. Gotta give a big thanks to all the people involved in our project, Justin @ VMP for the kickass tune, Whipple Superchargers for the biggest and baddest huffer, JLT for the kickass intake, BMR, Steeda, Kooks headers, The Driveshaft Shop, and Apex Automotive.

BurnTire
03-09-08, 12:25 PM
Nice Runs.

maddme
03-09-08, 03:11 PM
Very kool times.