PDA

View Full Version : Adding a X-PIPE any real benefits?

maddme
03-14-08, 12:20 PM
I am adding a Ford Racing CAI from the dealership. They also told me that we can go ahead and also add an X-PIPE. I was wondering this: If the X-PIPE really only gives gains of a few horse power, is it really worth a few hundred dollars? Any opinions gladly accepted.
Thanks.:twothumbsup:

ASUSMC
03-14-08, 12:30 PM
The sound is nearly worth it. I liked my H-pipe but put on an X and your car just sounds pissed off all the time.

OH3MGSVT
03-14-08, 12:41 PM
The sound is nearly worth it. I liked my H-pipe but put on an X and your car just sounds pissed off all the time.

Why yes it does, I would know first hand :biglaugh:

Hey Jeff, i heard you put the pacesetter X on, how do you like it? any fitment issues?

maddme
03-14-08, 12:44 PM
That is exactly what the dealer told me. That migth actually make it worth while just like you said. I was going to get a FR X-PIPE since the dealer installed warranty stays intact. Any Ideas?:bouncy:

04WhininCobra
03-14-08, 12:54 PM
i definitely think an X-pipe is worth it, im going to get one pretty soon myself.

ASUSMC
03-14-08, 12:58 PM
Alex it fit up good. Its leaking a little now but that probably just because its been through a few heat cycles. Will tighten it up tomorrow when I have the car in the air.

Maddme go on youtube and look up GT and Xpipe as key words and you will notice a difference.

diehard
03-14-08, 08:05 PM
That is exactly what the dealer told me. That migth actually make it worth while just like you said. I was going to get a FR X-PIPE since the dealer installed warranty stays intact. Any Ideas?:bouncy:

No x-pipe will void your warranty, and any dealer installed x-pipe will keep the cats, so your car will just sound a little spoiled not really pissed off, and at your HP power level, it adds absolutely no HP gains. Please do not pay the dealer to install your x-pipe, as it is a very quick do it yourself item. Becareful though, as an x-pipe with are cars can lean out the tune. Good luck...

The Nunn's
03-14-08, 08:11 PM
well on the 05+ cars you get a DROWNING from an x pipe and it get really annoying especially on the freeway at cruise speeds. but the x will give the car a higher pitched screaming exhaust note

YouTube - Mustang GT Exhaust: X-PIPE AND FLOWMASTERS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reqj0sW2qxA&feature=related)
here is a 05 gt with x pipe and flowmasters

maddme
03-14-08, 08:42 PM
Hey all great ideas and the you tube link rocks, Thanks:laughing1:

The Nunn's
03-14-08, 08:59 PM
YouTube - SLP Loudmouth + O/R X pipe LOUD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPV0U0klCng&feature=related)
well this is kind of the same thing but a more vivid sound note

VSTNG
03-15-08, 02:18 PM
I have the V6 and I do not race. Performance may increase (according to some) with an X or H pipe. I have neither and I really like the sound with the mufflers I selected. Just throaty enough for me, without waking-up the neighbors.